It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth UFO?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Have recently become interested in the ufo phenomena, I was surprised to find out that Australia my country has it's very own Area 51, with equally astounding stories surrounding it. Anyway saw this on Google Earth, Pine Gap near Alice Springs, US CIA,NSA base partly for US Defence Satellite Communications System other parts unknown, and a object that looks like a metalic disc, no roads lead to it and if you look at the shadow it is obvisiously tapered underneath and the speculars on the top show a curved surface, I spent hours scanning the area including the town areas, nothing looks like that, doesn,t look like a watertank, even if it was it's still very out of place. I'd like someone to tell me what that is, but I'm sure no one will because it is on restricted ground. what do you think? It Is very easy to find, just west of alice springs in the mountain ranges, the marker in the first image shows where to look in relation to the base. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I'd say 99.9% likely to be manmade.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Probably is man made, but hey this place is remote it's perfect for conspiracy theory, and theirs lots of it. I've have heard of reports from several locals witnessing unloading of discs, man made ones, plus more wilder ones including Alien contact etc.. and sightings for the last 30 years since its construction. Well if the incredible is true as many believe, government involvement and all that, then it's definately going to happen here. As for me it's not proof but it is a very curious object in a very remote setting, the base does extend under the ground extensively so it maybe some sort of vent, who knows, or maybe it is something else what would a disc on the ground look like?

[edit on 15-6-2006 by ebgb]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Can you get the photo in any closer? I haven't used Google Earth, so I'm not sure of it's capabilities. Or maybe someone can enlarge it a bit. It looks man-made but who knows these days.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
shadows consistent with other buildings - some kind of storage silo?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It does look like it could be some sort of tank to me and it is not that far off of the dirt road going by it.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Can you post the coordinates so we can try looking for a better pic on some other map sites.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The coordinates are 23'48'18.80' S 133'44'21.98' E whatever that means, would love to know if it appears on other maps, that would put it to rest. Can't get another pic up at the moment sorry, someone else maybe?
It has intrigued me to say the least. It is unuasual and in apearence and very out of place, and not to hard to miss completely. cool huh?

[edit on 15-6-2006 by ebgb]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I think it's an air intake or exhaust for some part of the complex.

It would make sense to have it distanced from the complex as all the concrete, asphalt roads, buildings and the white (reflective) radar domes would surely increase the outside temp' within the complex.

Also the "object", while being in the scrub is well inside the exclusion/security border.

I measured the object had appox' a 20ft diameter,

and was located 550 yards from the complex,

Temperatures are warm to very hot during the day, but can drop to 0 deg at night so it may be a cooling intake to reduce the residual heat from the day.

Just a thought.

sanc

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I tried those coordinates and I came up with nothing. Try sharing the location on google earth then share it on the community settings, you can get a link to it from there.

I tried to manually scan near those coordinates you gave me and found an airbase closeby. I was roaming around the area and found these circles.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Seeing as those circles are close to an airforce base then they could be targets.

Images in the desert from space ATS Thread

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Sanctum, how do you accuratly measure distances on sat images? I've looked all over google earth and couldn't find a legend that'd tell me.

HAHAHA nvm, found it.

[edit on 15-6-2006 by WithoutEqual]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
That facility is Pine Gap (Satellite) Tracking Station. It supposedly is part of Echelon (yes, the one you hear about here).

I would say that object is simply a liquid holding tank. It's cylindrical, and seemingly metal, such as liquid tanks are; and has no gaps in the shadow, implying to me it is a solid structure from ground up (as opposed to one on a raised frame).

NN

[edit on 15-6-2006 by NoNik]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WithoutEqual
I've looked all over google earth and couldn't find a legend that'd tell me.

For all,

"Measure" is under the Google Earth Tools menu.

sanc

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
"Measure" is under the Google Earth Tools menu.

For v4.0 Beta, it is "Ruler"

I thought "Measure" was a more fitting term, being miles of land, and not the floor area for new carpet, lol.

If ya think about it tho, imo, it should be labeled "Distance", as in a map or atlas.

NN

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Not to throw water on the fire, but does anyone think that maybe Google Earth is edited to ensure it doesnt show any UFO's?

Obviously nothings fool proof, but this really does seem to be clutching at straws...

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kolo_heights
Not to throw water on the fire, but does anyone think that maybe Google Earth is edited to ensure it doesnt show any UFO's?

That would entail, holy crap, too many hours to calculate in order to view close enough to everywhere on the globe - looking for UFO's to edit. UFO's don't have to be as large as a state - this isn't Will Smith's Independance Day (yet?) lol.

The only other scenario I can think of is that gov knows where they are, and dictates to Google (dictate? Amerika? naaaah) to edit them out. This would, in turn, either put Google in with the gov to not go public, or the gov holding Google by the berries to not go public, or the gov admitting they know of the UFO's.

I stick with number one tho, I see noooooo way to edit out possible UFO's, due to man hours.

NN

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Like I stated, Im not suggesting every single anomaly is removed, but Im sure there must of been some form of regulation involved. Perhaps the government organisations told Google when they could take certain area photos.

It just doesnt sit right that government agencies who have spent years trying to cover up UFO technology would then allow an almost 'easter egg hunt' through satellite images.

If every street road is mapped and given high resolution results, then you would think there would be a "grooming" period aswell. Remember most of the satellite images used are around 2-3 years old if not older.

Saying that I've looked at Google Earth myself and found something really strange in my back garden which I cant identify for the time being.

mod edit: removed quote from previous post

[edit on 16-6-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Interesting find. i wonder what it is, if it not came at normal maps

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Here's a bit of editing at Pine Gap, This Part is Miles from the main visible section. There are other small facilities all around the area apperently all conected underground this place is huge, you just can't see it, up to 9 stories underground, we don't know for sure of course I don't think a single Australian Politition has set foot on the base. Just goes to show how far John Howards head is up Georges Arse / Ass.
As for the object, well it would be easy to miss in editing, Still could be anything, but you can bet it has a purpose, not a water tank, Don't think a staff of a thousand is going to use bore water from a tank? water is pretty precious out there. You can find Tanks and silos near look at the finish shadows etc it is different.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join