It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What GOOD Is Internet Radio?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I've been offered the opportunity to do an internet radio show five nights a week.

Who cares? What would anybody want to listen to? Aren't there enough "issue-focused" shows on internet radio?

My focus is on the day's news.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I don't personally listen to net radio shows centering around news (I like my CNN and BBC) I can tell you that about 70 percent of my music consumption is ALL streaming music. I listen primarily to electronic music (techno etc.) which often leads the crest of new fad's in regards to "high-tech." Of course I am bias, but seeing the boom in electronic internet radio shows, and the quality of them; I say jump on the band-wagon now, look at the popularity, albeit fluxuating, of pod-casts, internet radio news sources is bound to have a niche already and will continue to grow.

[edit on 15-6-2006 by Baphomet79]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Another point, there are "issue-based" news shows on pod-casts, but daily news shows would certainly trump pod-casts simply because they are daily; not at the whim of the caster, like podcasts.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Internet radio stations are a great way to broadcast your music throughout the whole world. All you need is the right advertising.

Most people like to sit at their pc and listen to music so why not tune into a internet radio station? I know that here in the UK alot of pirate radio stations also have an internet radio station as it is legal to braodcast music on the internet.

Also with the internet station you can have a chat room or forum where people can talk about what music they'd like to hear, or even have a message read out on air (people really like this). So all in all I say go for it!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Internet radio is the shizzle. Living outside the states it's my only source for new english music.

Sporty

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
"Internet radio stations are a great way to broadcast your music throughout the whole world. All you need is the right advertising.

Also with the internet station you can have a chat room or forum where people can talk about what music they'd like to hear, or even have a message read out on air (people really like this). So all in all I say go for it!"

Exarcly.....doing an Net radio show can be an incredibly cool and fulfilling creative experience, but not so much if you're doing it for free and no one is listening. If you want to do a show for simply your own benefit, go right ahead, but I encourage you to get involved with a station or website that is already well-established, somewhat profitable, and somewhat well-known.

On that note, because my show in Ann Arbor makes me no money, and I find that no one is listening (for a variety of reasons.....), am I allowed by the mods to give a pub for my show/s?

[edit on 15-7-2006 by TheDoctor]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
Internet radio is the shizzle. Living outside the states it's my only source for new english music.

Sporty

That's strange I live outside the states and have no problem hearing new English music -
:w:

top topics

join