It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help identify this thing (Strange offshore Google Earth find)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I found this a while back and posted it in the middle of another Google Earth related thread, so i'm hoping this doesn't count as a repeat or somethin'. I've never been able to get a positive identification of this object.

Located off the coast of Spain, it's about 1.25mi offshore. Appears to be an 'array' of large circular structures of significant size.

d1k

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
That does slook super weird. Looks like a bunch of somke stacks or something...

Are they underwater or they sticking out of the water?

[edit on 14-6-2006 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Where exactly is it ?

jra

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Mind giving at least giving a name of a city near by or something so we can go look for ourselves? Spain isn't exactly small.

EDIT: nevermind. Found it. 40°13'53.79"N 0°17'58.60"E

As for what it is. No idea. Could be some odd imaging glitch? It's not too far off shore. I'm sure a lot of comercial and private boats go near it.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by jra]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Very weird indeed. Some kind of underwater listening device? Is this close to Gilbralter by chance? Wonder if it is an alien base? I doubt that it is an alien base since it is so close to shore but you never know.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
Mind giving at least giving a name of a city near by or something so we can go look for ourselves? Spain isn't exactly small.

Mybad. Go south 4.5 miles from Torreblanca then head west to the coast. 1.25mi offshore you find the object.

jra

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Here it is in google maps for those that don't have google earth.
Map

[edit on 14-6-2006 by jra]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
There's another one like it, except bigger, close by. lat=39.7956454191, lon=-0.0650060428415

They're all over the place, another one at lat=39.8372341203, lon=-0.0547742254174

I'm pretty sure they're some kind of fish farm, but you never know.

[edit on 6/14/2006 by Sandro]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Doubt its a fish farm, but I think it might be a Break.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Taht is very freaky indeed, I don't think it is a fish farm though.

It is very structured and has very strong significance to something that look's like some kind of structure. Or at least , ancient structure.

You honestly have never gotten one explanation for what is truly is though?

Great find, I will be seeing if someone has the explanation for what this is...

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think they are fisheries.....look a boat is doing something at this group of them....

N 39.7965 W 0.065

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
First one looks like Discovery One. Surprised no one mentioned that yet.
en.wikipedia.org...
(See the first picture)

I don't know what fish farms are, but that first picture gives me the creeps. It looks like it's part of a structure in the water.

[edit on 15/6/06 by Nventual]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
It could be one of those underwater hotels....or it could also be an underwater sea lab.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This is the part at the end where the whole thing comes up from the bottom and the new alien city is showing....

If I were to guess, this looks a lot like concrete waste...cyclindrical building waste from conduits, or deconstruction of a factory.

Line them all up, you have a natural habitat for fish...helps renew the ecosystem and gives shelter to other species that would ordinarily be open to predators. I think this is done in other places too, just not to this level of order.

Pretty odd, though, that you can see it from space so clearly. Must have been a good day for water quality and clear skies.

Also, remember to allow for pixelation/adjustments for the resolution of the image. Could be seeing an image that is slightly different from what is actually there.

Maybe that's even scarier?

Newtron

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Well I never! I have never seen anything like this. Very, very creepy.

Ox

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Any chance it could be an old naval vessel or boat of some sort that has created an artificial reef?.. Just a thought.. interesting picture though

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

source
These ARE fish farms, aquaculture. I'm actually nearby down here in Spain at the moment and I went to the Spanish town of Alcala de Xivert to find out for you guys out there. I first spoke showed the photo to some local people who confirmed that those ARE fish farms. I even managed to find and talk to the owner/operator of the fishfarm who even took me out there in his boat. The rings are underwater floating nets and the white dots are buoys on the water surface.

Yep, fish farms.

Interesting find, though!

[edit on 6/15/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Good find Vinrock! That's literally looking outside the box.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
So thats where my giant lego brick went.

I Dont have google earth but would be cool if any of you guys could look up the red sea about a hundred meters off the coast of Eilat.I remember there being some oddities under the sea there.I think they should be large enough to see..

One looked like a giant saucer shape

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
So thats where my giant lego brick went.

I Dont have google earth but would be cool if any of you guys could look up the red sea about a hundred meters off the coast of Eilat.I remember there being some oddities under the sea there.I think they should be large enough to see..

One looked like a giant saucer shape

I think i HATE you, i was SOOO playing with the 'Lego' joke until i read your thread..........lol

honestly though, its quite odd.

I think we should get some of our members to form a Google Earth search part, deal out a specified area of the planet and comb for oddities. I know it would eb a huge undertaking, but what if we actually found something, it would be worth it, would it not.

Anyone wanna start/join the search?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join