Woman snaps pics of creature in her yard.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I agree that it has to be some sort of canine. coyote is a good a guess as any...doesn't look like any domestic dog breed i have ever seen.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I Just Noticed It Looks Like Theres BigFoot In The Top Right Corner

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It Just A Monkey

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JSquared

Originally posted by Hound
Your all wrong. Except grover

Look at the back coloration and body type. It is so obvious.
On behalf of any good hunter on this board.
ITS A COYOTE

They wonder into yards all the time.
The local coyotes to that area have simular fur coloration and size.
If anyone else has said coyote, i didn't see it.

[edit on 4-7-2006 by Hound]

the tail is not bushy enough to be a coyote....some hunter...

it is a primate.....I'd bet the farm on it being an excaped baboon....

Coyotes don't always have bushy tails. And if its not a coyote, its a german shepard.
But I still say its a coyote.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

[
Coyotes don't always have bushy tails. And if its not a coyote, its a german shepard.

Coyotes not only DON'T have bushy tails, but they also do not have a blunt face or a pink ear either......

not a coyote, not a canine, not a feline, not a crypto beast......it's a primate.....and again I say, most likely a baboon.....

this reminds me of the thread with a picture of a seagull that everyone wanted to say was a UFO.....at least the majority do admit it is something ordinary this time...

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JSquared

[

Coyotes not only DON'T have bushy tails, but they also do not have a blunt face or a pink ear either......

not a coyote, not a canine, not a feline, not a crypto beast......it's a primate.....and again I say, most likely a baboon.....

this reminds me of the thread with a picture of a seagull that everyone wanted to say was a UFO.....at least the majority do admit it is something ordinary this time...

Pink ear? Blunt face?
Look again- thats a FLOWER and the entire head is blocked.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This picture is puzzling. The animal appears in two separate window panes. My guess is that the pane in which the front half of the animal, as well as part of the flower, appears in is on an angle. This is distorting the entire front of the animal. I think those who are labeling it a primate are looking at those objects which look like a pair of hairy Bigfoot breasts and assuming that it's the animal's head bent over, facing the ground with its mouth open as though it's screaming. Whatever it is, I'm not sure that the object is part of the animal. Between the distortion of the glass, the poor image quality, and the movement of the animal, for all we know we could be looking at pieces of wood or logs (which do appear in the background) and assuming its part of this animal.

I own two brindle Greyhounds. While the rear end of this animal does resemble that of a dog or canine relative, the rest of it (from what I can make out) doesn't look like a Greyhound. Greyhounds have very large, broad cheasts. It would certainly be noticeable, even with the distortion, in this photo. Now, I've heard of black Greyhounds being mistaken for Dobermans, but I've never heard of a Greyhound being mistaken for anything other than a starving dog.

Off the top of my head, I BELIEVE, and please don't hold me to this, that there are Greyhound Racing tracks in Nebraska. If there are, then this woman would certainly be able to identify a Greyhound, IMO. But if there is a track nearby, and maybe the person that posted who lived in the area can fill us in, then it does add to the likelyhood that a Greyhound got loose. If it is a Greyhound then I pray that it is safely captured soon. When a Greyhound gets loose, its natural instinct is to just run, run, run! They are often hit by cars or just never found. When they are loose, most of them won't even come to you when called. When some moron left one of our gates open and our female brindle Greyhound, Ginger, got loose she ended up running through two major highways (4 and 6 lanes) not to mention another 2 lane highway and several strip mall parking lots. She was gone for some 5 days before we found her several miles away and my mom was able to corner her in the woods. So I pray that if this is a greyhound, and I still don't believe it is, that it is safely caught and returned to its owners. If it's a Greyhound and it doesn't have an owner (ie: a track dog that hasn't been adopted yet), then I hope that someone comes forward and gives this animal a home. Greyhounds are incredible, kind, loving dogs. We call them "40 mile-per-hour couch potatoes" because they love being retired from racing and sleeping all day! Some estimate that as many as 60,000 racing Greyhounds are killed each year due to overbreading for the sport and the inability to place them with homes. While there are some decent breeders and owners in the racing industry, I still find the whole concept and the whole industry to be despicable.

These animals are often tortured, abused, and even hopped up on drugs like COCAINE before races! The average life for a racing G-hound is 2 to 3 years, then they are thrown to the wind. Adoption groups like the one I belong to, Greyhound Friends of New Jersey, do everything they can with limited funds and limited help to find as many homes for them as possible. I ask that anyone who is reading this and has the ability and the time and the love to own, or at least even just temporarily foster a Greyhound, please do so. Sorry to get off topic, but I had to take the opportunity when several brough up the breed to at least put the good word out there and maybe save a few of their lives in the process. Trust me, they are incredible and docile and loving dogs. We have cats and had a golden retriever and they all get along great!

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
lmao, I can't believe people are still debating it....for the last freaken time, that pink thing that you call an ear is actually a flower from that same bunch on the top left....the picture is so blurry but I can still tell, maybe some of you need to get some glasses! Or a better resolution LOL

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Picture is way to messed up to tell.

However, I'm still gonna have to go with dog on this one. Looks like a pug.
Skinny little fella, too. Definately a starving dog.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pragmatist Centrist
It looks more like a dog (pit bull or other bull terrier) than a cat to me.

I agree. It has similar haunches (had pitbuls all my life, father even breeds them, sometimes).

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
IT DOESENT LOOK LIKE ANYTHING IVE EVER SEEN BEFORE. AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS A BABOON. BUT AT CLOSER EXAMINATION IT DID NOT HAVE THE TRAITS OF A BABOON. FOR EXAMPLE HIS A$$ WASANT RED. IT DOESENT LOOK LIKE A BOBCAT EATHER> IT IS TOO BULKY. IT APPEARS TO HAVE THE SNOUT OF a GRIZZY. COULD IT BE A WEREWOLF BEAR HYBRID???

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Its not a hybrid between a werewolf and a bear because one of those creature's existence is debatable. And should it exist it would be a human wolf, neither of which are able to breed with a bear.

Oh, and to save the mods telling you posting in all CAPS is a no-no.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It has a tail, so it is not a bobcat. Horrible picture; honestly too difficult to tell. My first guess was a starving mangy dog.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Looks like a baboon to me. but i doubt it is.

Look at the begining of the tail how it curves up

[edit on 16-8-2007 by Unplugged]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DodgeG1

My first impression was that of a monkey for the previously listed reasons, and also because it's head is awfully large and turned a bit to the side.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think the expert at the Henry Doorly Zoo needs to go back and study his books a bit if he thinks that's a feral cat.

o_O

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
The first thing I noticed was the STRONG resemblance to my brown brindle pit bull/great dane mix. Many people get confused upon seeing brindle animals and have a moment of "what's THAT?"

I didn't read every page, but in case it wasn't addressed, those are not long feet in the sense some are thinking. That pointy bit is the heel, since dogs are toe walkers. As far as I can tell, no head or face is visible, or it is just at a weird angle. A large head on a dog of that coloring and build would make me guess it is a malnourished matiff.

If I hadn't seen this in a cryptid context, I'd just think "hey, that dog looks like a skinny version of my Zoe!" I'll try to get some shots of her tomorrow at a similar angle.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by sheduma]

[edit on 20-8-2007 by sheduma]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Infiltrator

it looks like an animal of some type with an injury on its face. like mabey an under weight baby bear that got shot in a hunting accident.But that doesnt explain the long tail
. its friggen weird

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Infiltrator

I've decided many of these animals that are appearing like this are chimeras that have escaped (or have been released) from labs that are splicing and dicing baboon DNA with hyena DNA, human and what have you.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It makes me think of a Thylacine judging by the tail and the back end of the animal. I was unable to see a head to make an accurate judgment. I have seen photos and clips online about the Thylacine, and the gait is similar.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join