It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Genesis contest..feel free to join !

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Im looking for a person who knows how the Adam and Eve story came about.

I figured out the answer...I hope others know it as well.

Ill be back later when I see some comments




posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What do you mean? The origins of it's telling? Or the meaning behind the surface story?



posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
Im looking for a person who knows how the Adam and Eve story came about.

I figured out the answer...I hope others know it as well.

Ill be back later when I see some comments


en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
And how come you have to post this 2 places? :
www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jugg
And how come you have to post this 2 places? :
www.abovetopsecret.com...



I felt like I didnt need to be so specific. Its pretty simple. Queen, I mean the whole story is composed of micro and macrocosms of science's explanation of genesis. But I want you to tell me what the names mean. It find it hard to believe no one can get it yet, thats why I posted a similair topic on another thread.



posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
I felt like I didnt need to be so specific. Its pretty simple. Queen, I mean the whole story is composed of micro and macrocosms of science's explanation of genesis.
Okay, let me see if I can get what you are saying.

The whole story is composed of little worlds and big worlds of science's explanation of genesis. This last word, genesis---do you mean the book genesis or in the literal translation of just 'beginning' in the view of the science world instead of the sacred text?


But I want you to tell me what the names mean.

What names? Adam and Eve type names?


It find it hard to believe no one can get it yet, thats why I posted a similair topic on another thread.
Because you are not explaining yourself very well. I, personally, am up for any challenge, as far as biblical scholastics are concerned. Throw science into the mix and I'm wondering where you've been all my life.

But I type a lot. My arms get tired. I might even get out of it by linking you to a previous post of mine, here at ATS. But I'm not at all clear on what you are saying.

I know how hard it is to explain something like this, though...



posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Im basically thinking since Science also has a version of genesis, it's logical to assume most of the books in the bible You have to understand something. The catholic church has some of the worlds best astronomers, physicists, and scientists . Some of their scriptures are microcosms of the bigger picture. A story of metaphors and analogies.

I think this story was derived from the scientific analysis of human existence. Adam was created to represent the atom. Eve was created to represent evolution. The evolution of the atom. Now, folks, what are the basic building blocks of all life forms and matter? the Atom . We are made of trillions of them, and so the Human was born through billions of years of evolution. And not the evolution of the Human alone. We are a brand new species, only been around for hundreds of thousands of years, which is nothing. When I say billions of years of evolution, I speak of the evolution of intelligence and conscience.



posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
How could it mean this when nobody knew of atoms when the bible were written?



posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
Im basically thinking since Science also has a version of genesis, it's logical to assume most of the books in the bible You have to understand something. The catholic church has some of the worlds best astronomers, physicists, and scientists . Some of their scriptures are microcosms of the bigger picture. A story of metaphors and analogies.
K. I think I'm beginning to understand what you're after--although I wouldn't go so far as to say science has a version of genesis--because genesis in the bible is a multi-layered complexity of several different levels of spiritual understanding presented using the enigmatic terms of hebrew allegory. There are both types of physics--plain and meta- (no quantum, though, that I'm wanting to get into--that's pretty deep and hard to explain properly so for the reader when used in the biblical context it might confuse another and that's not appropriate (for me personally)--confusing anyone just for the sake of our entertaining discussion, you know?)


I think this story was derived from the scientific analysis of human existence. Adam was created to represent the atom.
Actually, as far as what it was written and intended for, I think that basically Adam is just mean to be 'man of blood.' And Eve is 'the mother of all living,' in that she represents the human soul.
There are a lot of deep things to be discovered in Genesis, but they are all based on those two identities being what they are. Not as specific literal people, but as mortal man and the human soul. Any other designation and you're not really going to makes sense on any other level of understanding--due to the resulting incongruencies you've just introduced into a form of writing/storytelling that was established and used long before any man understood an atom. And God didn't write Genesis, a man did. And even if God was the guiding influence--if God had given the author the ability to understand molecular science, our present way of life would be
lot different--with that kind of head start, we'd be time traveling, no doubt!


Evolution wasn't an idea that man had any idea of, at the time of the writing, either.

You see, the bible, contrary to popular belief, is not something that can be applied in unique personal ways of one's own choosing. God is certainly personal, and we all have right to private understanding and His guidance, but freely applying representations to established archetypes and symbols is basically just manipulating something that already works just fine. Better than most think.



posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jugg
How could it mean this when nobody knew of atoms when the bible were written?



Good point, but we really don't know. The vatican could of changed the names in the 1600's for all we know.

If a story like Peter Pan can evolve and change through to years for example, why can't Genesis change it's 2 characters. Do we know anyone who has a copy of a bible from the 1500's ? Do today's priests use them to give sermons?



posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Of course Queen... God is personal and if there are currently around 5 billion people living on this planet, then there should be 5 billion different interpretations of God.

And then maybe we can create a census and look at the percentages of what people believe and I guarantee most of it can be fit into similair categories.

[edit on 6/16/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]



posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I know your probably thinking you've got this topic nailed dead on and all ... I might as well state what everyone's thinking. Your wrong.

Atomic theory was first devised after genesis was written, it was religous beliefs that did away with the theory at first. I doubt though that Adam was meant to be taken as 'Atom' and eve was meant to be 'Eve-lution'. That's a bit of a stretch there.

The ancient greeks also theorized on biological evolution as well, again we can thank religous beliefs for doing away with this. The ancient greeks developed this theory after genesis was written as well.

Can't really pick apart what your trying to say as your not really being clear enough nor putting forth your idea in any specific way. Your just comming off as someone who thinks they got it all figured out. Like 99% of ATS.

[EDIT] Hell, we were even using electricity back in ancient times. Plumbing. There were even coin operated water fountains. The ancient people weren't as dumb as we like to believe they were.

[edit on 16-6-2006 by Prot0n]



posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
Of course Queen... God is personal and if there are currently around 5 billion people living on this planet, then there should be 5 billion different interpretations of God.
And could it be, likewise, at the root, that those 5 billion really just equal ONE?

I think so.


And then maybe we can create a census and look at the percentages of what people believe and I guarantee most of it can be fit into similair categories.

No, I won't take any part in administering a census. Thanks anyway.



posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I forgot to say this:

God is not personal, that's not what I meant to convey with my previous post. I'm sorry. Let me clarify.

God is universal, but we each have our own experience of getting there. Just like I meant with the bible. It has one message. We should all be able to read it (If we choose to read it, that's a personal choice more than anything else) and get through the studies on our own.

If that we allowed to be the norm instead of the scorned and crazy way, then we'd be much better off, as the human race. But, that's near impossible for most, since the scared ones flock together and harp at the ones who aren't scared, until they are scared, too.

And that's why I won't divide, count, judge, or define those kinds of things.



posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prot0n
I know your probably thinking you've got this topic nailed dead on and all ... I might as well state what everyone's thinking. Your wrong.

Atomic theory was first devised after genesis was written, it was religous beliefs that did away with the theory at first. I doubt though that Adam was meant to be taken as 'Atom' and eve was meant to be 'Eve-lution'. That's a bit of a stretch there.

The ancient greeks also theorized on biological evolution as well, again we can thank religous beliefs for doing away with this. The ancient greeks developed this theory after genesis was written as well.

Can't really pick apart what your trying to say as your not really being clear enough nor putting forth your idea in any specific way. Your just comming off as someone who thinks they got it all figured out. Like 99% of ATS.

[EDIT] Hell, we were even using electricity back in ancient times. Plumbing. There were even coin operated water fountains. The ancient people weren't as dumb as we like to believe they were.

[edit on 16-6-2006 by Prot0n]



the ancients are not as dumb . I know this, it proves that the big bangs and the atoms were around for a while now. The story of genesis might be newer than we think. It's possible. I havent figured out nothing. Im just saying that my version (belief) of genesis is metaphorically similair to the bible's. The names are coincidental then.



posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Definitely the ancients are not dumb. But the ancients are different than 'early man,' who was not dumb but rather like a small child with little understanding but a great desire to learn.

And so we have.



posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Definitely the ancients are not dumb. But the ancients are different than 'early man,' who was not dumb but rather like a small child with little understanding but a great desire to learn.

And so we have.



Yes, im glad we were saved . Im basically in a state of Nirvana. My interests and even hobbies changed drastically in the past 2 years.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join