It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Compete with Jesus Christ for Power?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I believe in Infinite Universes. Is Jesus Christ the commander of this and other Universes?

If competition exists, what forms of competition do they use?

Are God and Jesus Christ inseparable? If so, how can we find His plan for our lives? If not, how do we find our way in a 10^68 energy Universe?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
I believe in Infinite Universes. Is Jesus Christ the commander of this and other Universes?

This one, yes. Others? I don't know. I don't think we are obliged to stretch our minds other universes because for the time we are confined to this one as God determines.

If competition exists, what forms of competition do they use?

Competition is a human idea--one born of the mind of sin, which is basically the same as what I usually call 'ego.' Ego says we are a separate entity, each of us---out for our own ends. But that is selfishness and the true nature of sin.
When the soul understands unity with God, through the mind of Christ, via the perfect instruction of the Holy Spirit--all ideas of competition are burned as chaff. There is no competition in a well-ordered heirarchy which is ruled by perfect and merciful justice.

Are God and Jesus Christ inseparable?

Yes. They are One. Not the 'same' one, but that is unity. It is a unity of will, intention, and purpose. It is having the same mind, so to speak. Not like clones but like a harmonic choir which never misses a note.

If so, how can we find His plan for our lives?

Love the LORD thy God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.
Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Further details can be found in Matthew chapters 5 through 7.

One more vital point:

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who will have all men to be saved,
and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

For there is one God,
and one mediator between God and men,
the man Christ Jesus;
Who gave himself a ransom for all,
to be testified in due time.
(1 Timothy 2:3-6 KJV)

If not, how do we find our way in a 10^68 energy Universe?

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
(Psalms 119:10-105 KJV)

Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said,
We ought to obey God rather than men.
(Acts 5:29 KJV)

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Is Jesus Christ the commander of this and other Universes?

Are God and Jesus Christ inseparable? If so, how can we find His plan for our lives?

Jesus is God. He is Lord of all and everything there is.

To find His plan for your life begins a person receives Christ as their Savior, then through a daily walk of Bible reading, prayer(talking with God and listening to Him), fellowship with other believers, and instruction you knowledge of who He is and what He has planned for you is revealed to you. This is a day by day walk and will last your entire life. It isn't something that is accomplished and it's completed, it is ongoing.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
That is error! Jesus Christ is not God, but the Son!!!!!!!!!!!!

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
(2 John 1:7-11 KJV)

It is not wrong to call Jesus Christ a man but it is wrong to call him God because HE never said that!!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

It is not wrong to call Jesus Christ a man but it is wrong to call him God because HE never said that!!!!

Ummm, yah He did.

John 14:[8] Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
[9] Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

and
John 8:[58] Jesus said unto them, Verily,verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

and
John 20:[26] And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
[27] Then saith he to Thomas, reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
[28] And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Notice Jesus didn't tell Thomas he was wrong in his statement

Other books call Him God also

Isaiah 9:[6] For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

You need to read the Bible for what it says, not what you want it to say.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Jesus Christ wouldn't contain all the fullness of the Godhead (colossians 2:9) bodily and not be IT. Jesus Christ is physically Jehovah the father, and the Holy Spirit housed in a man body, the Messiah. He said when you've seen him, you've seen the father, he also told the ones claiming to be Jews (full descendants of Jacob, not mixed, but were not Rev 3:9) in John 8:58 that before Abraham "I Am". The flesh he was dwelling in at the time "was not" before Abraham. Within John 14:8-11 Jesus explains that the Father is in him and he in the Father. That's the most precise way of saying that he IS the Father in the flesh. So anyone believing anything OTHER than Jesus Christ being all Jehovah and all man (the same entity and coming in the flesh) is antichrist.

Jehovah is physically everywhere and aware of everything but when you lay eyes on him, you see Jesus Christ.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Shoulda refreshed the thread before I hit send. :/ Oh well.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep
Jesus Christ wouldn't contain all the fullness of the Godhead (colossians 2:9) bodily and not be IT.

Yes, but remember this is Paul writing, not about Jesus Christ but Christ Jesus--Christ crucified, glorified by the Father on the right hand of the throne.

The flesh he was dwelling in at the time "was not" before Abraham. Within John 14:8-11 Jesus explains that the Father is in him and he in the Father. That's the most precise way of saying that he IS the Father in the flesh.

That's not quite right, if you think about the Spirit of God being in man and man being in God.

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. (1 John 4:15 KJV)

If that were true, what you said, then we are all God. And you and I know that to say that is pride and error. Jesus was talking about unity.

If he had claimed to be God before the crucifixion, he would have been proud and not without sin. His ego did not once show itself. That is the whole key to understanding what it is that he did for mankind.

He bridged the gap between us and God from our side--something impossible for any of us to do. And yet, he did it in the same condition we are in; as a fleshly mortal man in every way, he felt every moment of torture and pain he received in our place.

If he had been a god in a man's body, then what would it have gained for us? The fact that he 'took not the form of angels' but the form of Abraham and so is able to have compassion for our human weaknesses and help us through them, is far more important in the time he was on earth than regarding the pre-incarnate LORD and later the glorified triumphant LORD.

And that is the underlying reason He deserves all the laud and glory, forever and ever, amen! Because he didn't do it as God, but as a lowly man just like us.....He sacrificed himself willingly--with a mortal body that had the mind of God knowing exactly just how bad it would be!! Can you imagine? Have you ever tried to put yourself in his spot, in your mind, when meditating on God's mercy? That's when you do literally mourn as if for a son....it's good medicine.

He earned the ultimate glory by bearing our ultimate shame.

So anyone believing anything OTHER than Jesus Christ being all Jehovah and all man (the same entity and coming in the flesh) is antichrist.
Sounds good, but that is not what it says:

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
(1 John 2:22 KJV)

Notice:

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
(1 John 2:16-17 KJV)

'the pride of life,' which is of the world (sin). Jesus had to resist his 'pride of life' even unto the bitter end....he could not have had 'pride of life' if he had been God instead of a man.

Pride of life = self-preservation
to love one's life more than one loves one's friends....

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
"in the beginning was the word (jesus) and the word was with God and the word was God." John 1:1

Jesus is God. this is also mentioned in Revelation. the trinity are one. they are all one.

new topics

top topics

join