It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America Free? The aim of Economic Conquest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Social Democracy relies on it's aim of Economic Conquest. It's a political method, using technology , commerce, delimited land which is allowed to the people sparingly and an economic constitution could be governed according to economic requirements, and that it's very existence depends on economics, a state of affairs which was regarded and glorified through propoganda as the healthiest and most natural way of life.

Economics is just one of the many instruments required for the achievement of this aim. People are FORCED to fight a struggle for existence by their own labor. People have to make their way into mankind like a bunch of drones. For example.....our city streets here, where I live, are terrible. The unions have become lazy, at the behest of the higher ups. People are forced to buy SUV's and since 1994, SUV's have been pouring out of dealerships . Now that 6 out of 10 americans own a "truck", the timing was perfect. Invade Iraq, have the military guard the oil drillers, Bush and his goons have more public investors in their oil empire, and lets boost the nation's gas prices ! . It's just like a trap. This is just one example.

Another would be engineered drugs to keep the poor in "urban concentration camps" Crack flows through these ghettos freely, with little local law enforcement involvement. It's disgusting. Credit cards only put people in debt, and to establish good credit, you need to spend ! Spend a lot or fall into a hole. The middle class is slowly being wiped out, people are working to support the cost of living. Technology is contstantly being held back, introducing new technology in intervals , causing people to rely on technology and forcing people to become consumers because we cannot live without technology anymore, whether it's an electric stove, or a high speed internet connection.

Were we better off using candles and brick ovens? it sounds silly. But that electric bill would be a lot cheaper. The aim of economic conquest is to preserve and form human communities, thus creating a national organism. The sacrifice of our labor in order to exist is necassary to secure the preservation of our species. Along with all of this, we get a state of lies and hypocrisy. God given virtues will be wiped out by these lies, and a majority of the masses will be turned into zombies, or a more popular description..a rat race. It chokes out all of our god given instincts, in result it preserves nothing but the need for materialistic qualities instead of idealistic virtues to better our species. Millions put in years of blood, sweat and tears for business.

When they could be spending all of that energy on their god given talent. The removal of the people's instincts is what this seductive cause relies on, which in turn becomes the people's cause of oppression. People are clueless on the essence of the force which can lead men to the death of all their free will and decisions.

Edited to break into paragraphs for easier reading.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It irks me to see that topics like this receive far less attention than other topics.

I think the way to realize these control mechanisms is to really step outside of society and look at it very objectively. I truly wish more people would notice and fully absorb these observations. To me, these factors are reason enough for revolution. People need to get their heads out of the brainwash box (television). When kids are brought up watching these idiotic television shows, it is no wonder they grow up to be drones.

I believe it has a lot to do with the lack of original thought. Original thought is not encouraged by the majority of parents and it is stifled in the public school system. . Now adays thinking differently than the average clone gets you cast aside.

It would be wonderful to see a world of people who thought outside the box. But individualism is not encouraged and humans tend to follow the crowd. The few of us who don't follow the crowd end up disappointed by the rest, but it is said we are the types who are more apt to make a change in the world.

Oppression is rampant in this society. I try to shut it down at all times.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Yes, I find it troubling also. I don't think people become like me overnight. I agree. You have to separate yourself from society to shut all of the distractions out, and most people would rather remain ignorant to the situation , rather than releasing themselves from consumerism for example.

Luxury is artificial poverty.

People are willfull slaves.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
See thing is, poor isnt hard knock anymore. Its somewhere between bad and normal. If you grow up without TV, then you start to get a different picture of the world. But mainly its not capitalism, and its not democracy thats the problem.

exploitation is the problem. First lets face the fact being free doesnt mean life is easy, it just means you can make your own choices without facing things like torture and death or starvation. In a sense though, we thought that an economic paradise is the key to a better nation. It in truth was a key to a new form of dictatorship

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I figured this out today, and I think its a pretty good theory of what has happened.

If you evaluate the system long enough your going to see the system aint the problem, we are. We exploit it, and bring the problems ourselves. No system is going to stop that, we have to stop it. theres nothing wrong with capitalism and democracy, there is something wrong with people though.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by grimreaper797]

fixed link

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bach927
It irks me to see that topics like this receive far less attention than other topics.

I think the way to realize these control mechanisms is to really step outside of society and look at it very objectively. I truly wish more people would notice and fully absorb these observations. To me, these factors are reason enough for revolution. People need to get their heads out of the brainwash box (television). When kids are brought up watching these idiotic television shows, it is no wonder they grow up to be drones.

I believe it has a lot to do with the lack of original thought. Original thought is not encouraged by the majority of parents and it is stifled in the public school system. . Now adays thinking differently than the average clone gets you cast aside.

It would be wonderful to see a world of people who thought outside the box. But individualism is not encouraged and humans tend to follow the crowd. The few of us who don't follow the crowd end up disappointed by the rest, but it is said we are the types who are more apt to make a change in the world.

Oppression is rampant in this society. I try to shut it down at all times.

Get some copies of "Money Masters" or something along those lines, and the next time you drive by a teachers strike, pull over start smiling and hand them out. it's the only time they will listen and feel at their limit enough to do anything about it.

your right people are too caught up to care about things that they feel are too big to argue. when i first started taking this stuff in i was sitting at home for 8 months injured from an auto accident and had nothing but time on my hands.

Catch them when they are off guard, thats what the elite have been doing to us all this time, and it sucks but it is the only way it works.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by tom goose]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I sometimes wondered if people were the problem, and I think the masses are part of the problem. Yes we make our own choices, and no one tells us to buy an HDTV when we have 3 tubes.

However, certain things are forced. We are forced to upgrade, forced to buy new PC hardware, and are definatly manipulated by artificial inflation. Homes in my neighborhood are going for 900, 000 dollars and they are shacks compared to what humans have built and can build.

Credit cards. Another problem. People get sucked into a trap with them. But it's up to us to discipline ourselves so we don't have to drop out of college to get a 9 dollar an hour job so we can boost our credit.

For example, my brother recently graduated high school and got his first Visa in the mail. He has no job, and 500 bucks to blow. Who is disciplined at that age?

[edit on 14-6-2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
actually everything is telling us to buy an HDTV. Consumerism is an average part of american life now because of the monopoly set up (refer to link I posted to understand the monopoly I am talking about) to do so.

Everything is telling us to buy everything, thats the way of consumerism. everycorner you turn, there is something telling you to buy something. we dont make choices anymore, but we sure believe we do.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
yes, I understand monopolies very well. They are everywhere, disguised.

I agree, very well said about the fact that people think they are making choices.
Brainwashing is not hard when you think about it, and people would do anything to boost ego and status. Id say 85% of america are like the walking dead.

Dawn of the Dead was a film about zombies roaming around a mall. Big microcosm of society. As George Romero put it.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This monopoly has been in the works since the 1870s though. Its the unseen one. its the entire system monopoly. Its not about businesses getting together and forming a monopoly either, thats not what I was talking about. This is the kind of monopoly we didnt even see. We didn't even know existed.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
grimreaper

That was a great thread you started. Again, I am saddened to see that the discussion has not taken off right away like some of the more popular topics on ATS.

I have been trying to come up with ways to change everything for a while now. But it is hard to get people informed when they are stuck in cyber space. The masses are watching their news on television, which is the last place they would truly learn about what is happening to them. Being a college student, I have found that the majority of my peers are not even willing to discuss these matters. They would rather waste their lives watching and arguing about sports and tv shows. I want to discuss big things ie.. changing the world, revolution, ending mental slavery and finding a better way of living.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bach927
grimreaper

That was a great thread you started. Again, I am saddened to see that the discussion has not taken off right away like some of the more popular topics on ATS.

I have been trying to come up with ways to change everything for a while now. But it is hard to get people informed when they are stuck in cyber space. The masses are watching their news on television, which is the last place they would truly learn about what is happening to them. Being a college student, I have found that the majority of my peers are not even willing to discuss these matters. They would rather waste their lives watching and arguing about sports and tv shows. I want to discuss big things ie.. changing the world, revolution, ending mental slavery and finding a better way of living.

Thanks, it's the first thread I've started. Very important to me and many people do not care to care. Apathy is a big problem. I'm glad we have sites like this to discuss and debate with people who have been saved.

Like the fellow above, it took an injury and a long stay at home to recover to find and separate the important things from the meaningless ones.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Just wanted to trow in a little $.02

Its not that some of us dont care. Its more to the point that there isnt a thing we can do to stop it(save full revolution). Im not sure about you guys but other than writing my reps(which I do all the time) and speaking up; there isnt a whole hell of alot that we CAN do. I feel helpless and alone alot of the time(in matters such as these) Noone around where I live(Fl Keys) seems to give a rats ass. We are definately the minority.

Ill take a quote from Bob Marley "And it seems like total destruction is the only solution" now if someone as positive as Bob Marley would say such a thing(back in 1970') I always try to keep the hope within myself alive but, the follies of man always seem to taint it. I dont want total destruction but like Bob said "is the only solution. Its too big and to intertwined and we wouldnt even know where to begin.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
Just wanted to trow in a little $.02

Its not that some of us dont care. Its more to the point that there isnt a thing we can do to stop it(save full revolution). Im not sure about you guys but other than writing my reps(which I do all the time) and speaking up; there isnt a whole hell of alot that we CAN do. I feel helpless and alone alot of the time(in matters such as these) Noone around where I live(Fl Keys) seems to give a rats ass. We are definately the minority.

Ill take a quote from Bob Marley "And it seems like total destruction is the only solution" now if someone as positive as Bob Marley would say such a thing(back in 1970') I always try to keep the hope within myself alive but, the follies of man always seem to taint it. I dont want total destruction but like Bob said "is the only solution. Its too big and to intertwined and we wouldnt even know where to begin.

I enjoyed that post above. Because Im a very positive person, and Ill I preach is that we need chaos to creat cosmos. Cosmos is the greek word for "order". Sometimes you wonder if we need a nuclear holocaust to sort of reset the world's automation. Maybe the big bang sort of resetted the Universe's automation.

If we remember on 911, I live 15 minutes away from the WTC and I do recall many positive things that Ive seen on that day. One was the coming together of people. The help, the sacrifice...human goodness at it's max. But what did it take for people to break away from apathy? Destruction . A nuclear holocaust would send shockwaves through people's souls (survivors of course) and perhaps make us shirt our attention away from American idol and focus on bettering ourselves.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
quite true

It is often the worst events that can bring out the best in people. It is a shame though that often times that is what it takes for people to bring out their more humane side.

ive always rather enjoyed that philosophy of chaos/ cosmos. and yes most times in life it seems that only out of chaos can a new cosmos be forged(first crossing the departure threshold and ending in the climax.) I learned about that in 7th grade...lol but it seems That this is not common knowledge as ther have been many a time where Ive brought this up and people just stared back at me like, "what the hell are you on about?" So it warms me to see that I am not alone in this learning, thanks.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Without a doubt. It's a a rule. Apathy happens because people get spoiled. The term spoiled means that a person is ruined due to his indulgences. His over doing.

People become bored of things that they used to call exciting. So if there is no sufferring and despair, the human mind will automatically forget whats important and focus on non existing things. All so we can indulge.

Half of the food on your plate will keep you alive, but the other half will kill you...I always say.

Too much of anything is bad for you..including too much happy living. Value your anguish, as buddha would say.

sad but true...

[edit on 6/16/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Get off the Runaway Train....

Over the past few years my wife and I have attempted to rid our lives of those things which offer little or no real value or happiness to at least our existence. The first thing to go were cell phones. We watch about 10 hours of television a week now. We never watch any network news...never. We read much more now and we believe our lives are much less stressful and we're more deliberate in our spending. My point is that there is just so much needless distraction out there today that people simply don't have the time anymore to care or even be curious. It won't be until these peoples worlds are shaken radically that they will even begin to respond.

Too busy to live, is just to freekin busy!

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I give you credit really. I recently discarded my cell phone, I basically realized it was my biggest distraction.

Kudos to you. It only means at the end of the day you resist more temptation then others.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I don't think any single person can change this phenomenon by themselves, but one can change how it affects their own life. You don't have to fall into the pitfalls of how society is today, by just paying attention to what really is important. This is what is meant by "stopping and smelling the roses".

When I was young (very young), I thought that by my 30's I would be well off, have a huge house, own some type of business that was based on my hobbies, have a functional family, etc., etc. By doing all this, I thought that I could really help people. This was my idea of trickle down economics. Since then, none of what I thought would happen did, and I have learned that my utopian visions of the things that would make me happy in life, probably would have made me worse off than I am because I have learned the concept that life is what you make of it. You don't always get what you want, and when you make do with what is available, you start to appreciate simpler things rather than extravagance.

In my 20's I had a really great job and immediately took it for granted. It was a time when I overindulged and eventually all that came to an end. What I have to show for 7 or 8 years of earnings is nothing. It was all in vain, because of many factors. A lot of this had to do with credit cards and mortgages. The only people who gained anything was creditors. My old house is gone, everything bought on credit - I eventually had to sell, and now I have what seems to be a new life, based on spending what I have instead of borrowing.

My outlook now, is better than ever, because I realize I don't need the latest and greatest "things" out there. I am content with just having a few things that I enjoy and getting anything special only when I can afford it, not on promises.

Everything I own is payed for and even though it is not a new house, I will own my own home free and clear within a few years by disciplined saving and investing - not by a mortgage.

You are right, we all need to begin to slow down and start thinking about how to improve the quality of our lives. The first step is to realize that it doesn't require being in a neverending cycle of working to stay alive and pay for a lot of useless things that one could do without. The biggest thing that has always helped me is that I have always been the type that is a DIYer. I hate relying on anyone or anything to take care of my problems. Because of this, a lot of things in my life are non-issues to me. Maybe you just have to try to empower yourself to avoid getting into the trap of working for someone else to stay alive.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You live and you learn. Im not going around these forums claiming Im more disciplined with my money than everyone else...that is not the case. I learned all this because I was spending spending spending....

When I was 18 I bought a Cadillac Eldorado and basically worked for the car. I then fell into the credit card trap. I payed them all off and now im only stuck with a school loan.

I advise everyone to watch the film Robots. It's a Disney animation about a world of living machines and the government that controls them. The robots are all forced to Upgrade their parts unwillingly.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Very Interesting thread.

I dont know if its Apathy or people needing to work 2 jobs to make ends meet. cost of Education is skyrocketing, social services are being cut, people are getting burned at both ends.
I left America several years ago and moved to China. I like the focus on Family, Education, Personal Honor, and the general attidudes toward harmony with nature. ( yes, i know there are many issues still in China, but they are genuine in their quest). Visit the US every few months, etc for Business, but i really look forward to returning to China.
Not sure of the Future. The debt load being forced by government is not sustainable, i think its at 7 trillion of funded liabilities, another 4 trillion unfunded ( off the books). This is a Massive amount of debt....i dont know how the US will get out of that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join