It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's new bath toy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
www.scalereproductions.com...

Way to ring in the NWO with a new carrier. The construction should be at least a full hull now. Maybe work begun on the flight deck but I don't know.

CVN 77. It's going to be different from the previous Nimitz carriers but the Bush will incorporate new technology for transition to the CVNX program.

On top of that I want to mention something. I remember some sort of debate on whether the US airforce could build spacecraft with nuclear reactors. I say why not. Carriers and submarines have been nuclear powered for over 30 years now.

Enterprise was the first carrier and Nautalus was the first submarine.

**Oh. Can anyone identify her jewellrey. Looks something slightly illuminatic. Does anyone know of any really good photos like this? I know that there's a photo of Hilary in the early years with a Pheonix lapel. Same pheonix that lies at the top of the Federal Reserve. Har har. Those bastards in plain site.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by Crazy_Mr_Crowley]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The carriers/subs use nuclear power to produce electricity which in turn runs turbines for propeller action. Nuclear fuel isn't directly used for propulsion. The spacecraft debated about were ones that would use controlled nuclear detonations for generating thrust. That was a serious hazard issue. Reactors for generating electricity on spacecraft may already have been used/tested by the americans/soviets?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I think it has. The US had at least one experimental airship wih some kind of reactor propulsion. I'd have to check again though. But I'm pretty sure they had these experiemtns with huge airshiups back in the 70's.

join