It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isnt this a Secret society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
is the scientology group a secret society, in that they have so many crazy laws and rules that you have to go by to be in or stay, it was also started in the 60's and so this does sound like a society to me, what is there you all think or believe

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Its not a secret society per se. Its more appropriately classified as a cult. They aren't secret, since everyone knows they exist, and they aren't selective in their membership policies, as they will take anyone with the cash to shell out on their programs.

They certainly do cut the mustard to be a cult though.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
so is some secret societies a cult in that its around money and not always selective, whta truly can make a secret society a secret one indeed, every knows of these societies.... but if anyone had money its never too hard to join at that

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
not many "secret" societies have shops in major population centers - I bought my copy of Dianetics in Toronto and there is a store on London's Edgeware Road. I would vote on the cult aspect but i dont see much about them that could be so very secret given the premis that L Ron Hubbard set out in his mission. I could be wrong but im not so sure that so many well known individuals are so proud to say they are members of this organisation that it could be catergorised as "Secret" - I must say of those members of the Masons i know that many are very reticent to talk about the organisation (but thats probably due to the sensationalisation of the group).

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
How does one even become a member of a secret organization? I would love to surround myself with a group of people where things are not chaotic, but in a disaplined order. And I don't need to join the army for order in my life.
Can anybody direct me in the direction I need to go to?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I wouldn't say its a secret society because it has lots of rules, but rather because its order contains secrets that aren't privy to the public. Even their own members don't find out the biggest secrets until they've 'advanced' through the levels.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
But in reality the Goverment is a secret society true? and that is just a classification of certain areas of the goverment but then we have islam and hinduism, all ranking to a level of higher ascention, in scientology there is a sort of level ranking system.... but it just keeps revolving around the main need, and that is mostly money or power

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
not trying to be a smart***, but by virture, i think its no secret they are a society of sorts. absolutely they have their secrets, but the orginization is known.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
No this is not secret.
Anybody can join.
so in a way....Its like a public bathroom.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
but its a public bathroom in a sort of way that you best go through the metal detector and pay to pee, and thats not always good for a free country

new topics

top topics

join