It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Scientology be hear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Can it be argued that scientology should be kept in the Faith, Spirituality & Theology

I would like to see a debate over the reason why Scientology is not a religon at all.....

Scientology is a belief and a faith, there should it not be used areligon and not a cult?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Scientology is a religious philosophy. I believe it should be discussed here. Just as Satanism, Paganism and some of the other more alternative theologies.

Did someone tell you not to discuss it here?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
no not at all, i just never understood the facts behind how or what will make this a factual and true ideology of spiritual worship or faith, but it is in may ways that is why i ask for some help to disscuss this

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong with discussing Scientology in this forum.
I'm of the opinion that it is a religion just like Catholicism or Judaism.

Having spent many years in Scientology, it does take a certain amount of faith. And what is a Thetan if not what would be considered your Spirit.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragster
no not at all, i just never understood the facts behind how or what will make this a factual and true ideology of spiritual worship or faith,

All that is required to make something a spiritual ideology is that one man believe in it, from his heart.

Then it's valid. As a religion. Now, to carry that forward to God--any religion that brings a soul closer to what I believe is God's nature: truth love and light--that is an okay religion. Any religion that brings a soul closer to that which harms self and others and breeds negative energy, then that religion has turned in its purpose.

But ultimately a religion is just an idea. It is the attitude of the soul who puts faith in whatever it may be--that is what determines the nature of that religion's output in this world.

Negative breeds negativity
and
positive increases positive energy.

No exceptions.

Religion is for men, not God. So it is really all in our hands as far as how it turns out and I personally don't think it is right to judge others nor is it right to defame adn make something 'bad' in the mind of another because of personal negative feelings.

I also feel it is never our duty to lead one another astray, but that is, more often than not, what happens with religion. We tend to think if we can validate our own beliefs by having another or more who feel as we do, then it becomes something we can trust. But that is somewhat of a catch-22 or an oxymoron. I don't know which!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
thank you for your input queen it really helps the way you explain the certain aspects of belief and religon, so I just never fully will understand the facts of that scientology worships any god, or do they, but in a way of someway we do not know unless we a part of it.

[edit on 15-6-2006 by ragster]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
You know, I have to admit I know next to nothing about scientology except a bit of stuff that I've read about L. Ron Hubbard, the founder. I have studied just about every religion, just to know and understand, but at the time I was doing all that, a few years back, scientology wasn't getting much publicity. I remember when I used to see the commercials for L. Ron Hubbard's book 'Dianetics' when I was a kid, I just assumed it was like a diet book or something.

What I did read about him seemed rather bizarre in recollection, but I can't even remember why. I also read some stuff about how many that leave scientology need what they call 'exit counseling' because it is a very powerful influence on the people who are in it. The people I read about weren't wanting to leave, at least on a conscious level, but their loved ones had grown concerned to the point that they 'intervened' for the sake of hoping to help. And it sometimes took like 3 days of solid counseling of that person to break the spell of persuasion that was on their minds.

I do remember one thing about it, though--it was about self-help, more than God, it seemed. I should check up on it.

It's not even discussed much, if at all, here on ATS, either. I think I will definitely look up some information so at least we have something to talk about, in case no scientologists come to share their views with us.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
check this site out...

www.xenu.net...

new topics

top topics

join