It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: Russian 5th Gen "to fly" by 2009: Defense Minister

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Remain on topic, which is: Update: Russian 5th Gen "to fly" by 2009: Defense Minister

Or the thread will be closed.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by azazelgmail
Then Remember that US say stealth technology is the best in the world and only way to live, but remember the Yugoslavia war. With technology of 60th S-125 "Neva"/"Pechora" (Russian: С-123 "Нева"/"Печора", NATO reporting name SA-3 "Goa") could shoot down F-117 (the stealth or not so stealth
:puz

Ref: en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry but after that insident i start not belive in stealth tech.

Stealth doesn't make you invisible. Stealth makes you a lot harder to detect. Where a radar site might see an F-15 at 80 miles, it's going to see an F-22 at 10 miles. The chances of getting home in a stealth are much higher.

The shoot down of the F-117 also occured when the plane was in it's least stealthy configuration. When the F-117 and B-2 are dropping bombs and have the bomb bay open, their RCS increases to that of a normal plane because the internal structure isn't make of stealth materials. According to several reports, the F-117 was flying the same route, at the same time, and was hit when the bomb bays were open. The Serb missile battery was expecting them, and had an idea of where to be looking and as soon as the bomb bay opened they locked on and fired.

It wasn't a fluke, HOWEVER, it was the first and ONLY shoot down of an F-117 in several THOUSAND combat missions, so I'd have to say that this "stealth stuff" works pretty darned good.

I'll be interested to see what and when the Russians fly their 5th gen plane and see what it is. With all the problems and pushbacks the PAK-FA has had it might be a lot longer than 09 before we see a production fighter that's 5th gen from Russia.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Whatever.. with or w/o slums, its Asia's century.. Slums were there before, they're there now, and they maybe there in 2050. That doesn't stop the countries you mention from catching up and overtaking ones that don't have slums. Its an inevitability.

Moving on, What 5th gen fighter is this going to be?

Is it the heavier PAK-FA from Sukhoi or the lighter MiG 2000I?
And is India still involved in both/either?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I can't see what the purpose of a fifth gen model aircraft is going to achieve? It has to work first and then be produceable in order to amount to any threat to anybody. Mind you working on new equipment is required to stay in the game.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Daedalus3,

The article and pictures SS posted some time ago about the MiG-2000 was a hoax. The article he refered back to was dated from 2000 and he tried to pass it as if it was new

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Moving on, What 5th gen fighter is this going to be?

The official Russian 5th gen fighter morecorrectly PAK-FA is going to be a sukhoi and not Mig ..as the Russian authorities selected the Sukhoi model over the Mig one for PAK-FA ..however Mig is going to assist Sukhoi for the PAK-FA .... the Indian authorities decided not to participate in the Sukhoi one ...their requirements met the Mig model so most probably they will be investing in the Mig project....now inspite of Stealth Spy's claims the details of the mig-India project are not at all clear..because its mainly few Indian sources that are claiming and giving details about the project ..we dont know wether the project has been finalised or its in the priminilary talks , when is the project going to finish , what sort of technical assiatant is India going to provide if any (specially when the report said that the model is already ready), and wether the Mig project going to be a 5th generation one or something like 4.5 Gen? all these are still unclear

So here is what I get .

PAK-FA is going to be produced by Sukhoi and not Mig.

India wont participate in the PAK-FA ...only the Russians(and may be some European assistance ) .

There are few reports that India is going to participate in a Mig project whose details are not yet clear.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Here is a new and VERY INTERESTING development in the topic

Russia to fly fifth-generation fighter in 2009 - Ivanov
16:36 | 20/ 06/ 2006

MOSCOW, June 20 (RIA Novosti) - Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov said Tuesday that a fifth-generation Russian fighter would make its maiden flight in 2009.

"Expect the fighter in the skies with a new engine in 2009," he said.

The commander of the country's air force said June 15 that Russia would launch its first fifth-generation aircraft as early as 2007, although it would be still equipped with fourth-generation engines.

"Several experimental models will take to the skies as early as 2007, but for now they will be equipped with intermediary engines," Vladimir Mikhailov told journalists. "In the future they will get fifth-generation engines, development of which is ongoing."

Source:en.rian.ru...

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Instead of "Plans" being talked about. how about funding?

Putian concluded a russian military budget of XX amount that equaled about 20 billion for a year. The figures are off my memory but its round about that figure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join