It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope some will read this

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Nothing here requires the OP to be a hoaxer. However, the difference in tone, description, and gravitas between the poster's words 2 yrs ago and now, is odd to say the least. Ask yourself, how could an experience that by this account is utterly life disrupting, go completely unmentioned previously. Bigger audience maybe; the other forum was somewhat regional.

And, big deal his account has similarities to other experiencer's. He admits to "thousands of hours" of research in the subject. I'll bet everything I own, Budd Hopkins could write a very good abductee account, despite his statements that he has never been abducted. Hell, I could write one just from the short education I've received here on ATS.

The chills envelop my entire body, I’m not wearing anything at all. What I’m laying on has a strange texture to it, almost like stucco but it’s a medal. Very cold. Are my teeth chattering?

What is this? An assignment for Narrative Fiction 101? I also post here on ATS/BTS as a means of improving my writing skills.

Doesn't the huge flashing light go off over your head when a poster who has been here for nearly two years posts a story like this out of the blue?

P.S. I happen to find Enkidu one of the more level-headed posters here. Caustic? You bet, but he has an ability to cut to the chase quickly.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Nothing here requires the OP to be a hoaxer. However, the difference in tone, description, and gravitas between the poster's words 2 yrs ago and now, is odd to say the least. Ask yourself, how could an experience that by this account is utterly life disrupting, go completely unmentioned previously.

Alot of life shaking experiences get buried, or people do not mention them. Look at all the people who have carried around the burdens of physical abuse, sexual abuse ect around for years without saying anything about it, even denying it.

Many alien abductees go through life very cautiously. Its not something they want to share. Its not hard to imagine why. With all the ridicule and insults that come with it, why should they?

From the posters own words, he does not view his experience as wonderful or opening or positive. He in fact considers it extremely unpleasant. If it did indeed happen, then he probably wasnt sure who and where to tell his story.

There is something you and Endiku could learn something about. Its called "innocent until proven guilty". On this board, people will come to ask questions and report strange experiences. Some are hoaxers who are bored and have no life. Others are genuine.

Just because he made those posts at another board does not make him a hoaxer. Only by your logic. I see a bunch of people jumping on him before the first page is done with little real reason other than vague suspiscion.

If he is BSing, it will show itself. Otherwise, he should get the benefit of the doubt, and let him finish his story before you start flinging ridicule his way.

Besides, he admitted he posted at the other board. So? he admits it. If he wanted to BS, he could very well have said no.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
O.K., I'll leave the thread alone.

I certainly implied the poster may not be completely on the up-and-up, but did not bluntly state I thought he was a hoaxer. "Innocent until proven guilty" is nice, but in this context is simply rhetoric.

I apologize for giving voice to the idea that "this doesn't sound right".

Manana

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I am also in no way assuming hoax here. That was my point, if it is a hoax it is better to let the hoaxer hang himself. That way should he be tellling the truth he doesn't get driven off prematurely.

Also, my comment about the organic nature of the room was in support of the poster as I have read that from other abductees. I believe people need to think a little more before the draw assumptions on what others are trying to convey.

Finally. I don't think mrpenny is on an extreme attack like we are used to seeing here and is in fact being very fair IMO.

9LC

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
the fact that he is posting on other sites about this subject only shows me that his life is involved with these things and he looks for a place to learn more about what happened to him and to share with the people who is also interested in this stuff....

if a person lives throught this and looks for a place to get rid of some burden he would come to a place like this but if the people in a place like this is no different then the people who would redicule him for telling his story in general then what is the use for a place like this???

give the guy a break and let him share his story and keep an open mind....

and another thing, you guys totaly contradicted your selves with your reason why this is a hoax.

you guys use the fact that he did not come foward with this story before as a possible proof of it being a hoax but the guy explained the reason he did not come forward with this story and the reason was proven by you people..

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I just wanted to make a few quick points this morning. I hope everyone is doing well. Fist off, I’m not a complete fool. I am quite certain that the powers that be in charge of this site are studious and intelligent people. I also assume with a relative degree of certainty that they have the technology to trace my posts and IP back to the few square feet that I occupy. While I’m not ready to announce to everyone who I am and what I do for a living, I understood going in that some people would be able to find out. That said, I don’t wish to hide anymore. My initial motivation for posting my story was to finally take that first step in what I’m sure will be a long journey. Plus, by posting on a site like this, a site comprised largely open minded people, it may be sort of a ‘reaction barometer’ and a small sample of how I will be treated. I am going to finish telling my story regardless of what some of you think of me. The content of my posts are snap shots of what is becoming a larger body work. I am limited in the amount of space I can use, so I have to edit a lot of it. I also want to point out that I not a professional writer. I’m aware that some of it may seem over the top and/or amateurish but what I am attempting to describe was an extraordinary event and I lack the skills necessary to accurately depict what took place.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 9LC
and another thing, you guys totaly contradicted your selves with your reason why this is a hoax.

you guys use the fact that he did not come foward with this story before as a possible proof of it being a hoax but the guy explained the reason he did not come forward with this story and the reason was proven by you people..

Who guys?

Listen, I am not against the guy at all but I don't get your logic here 9LC. So because the guy explains something we are supposed to believe it? And how was this reason proven by "you people"?

mrpenny did a little investigating and found something that looked a bit suspect. He presented it and that's it. Again I don't see an attack happening here and I am often the first to aid someone under attack.

Why don't we reserve the backbiting until he gets his story told. That is if he shows up again.

[edit on 16-6-2006 by jbondo]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I certainly hope you will continue with your story. I've been following it and it is fascinating. I want to learn more about it.
Never mind the snide comments here. Some are too quick to call you a fool around here without any reservation.
I look forward to your posts....

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
DarkHorse has been pretty straight-up about everything, to this point.

I think, perhaps, we should reserve any sort of "judgement" until [s]he has at least had a chance to tell the story.

Not everything Has to be a hoax, although we have had our fair share here lately. Regardless of the outcome, in the end, some things simply defy explanation or there's a lack of sufficient "material" evidence to come to a conclusion one way or the other.

Carry on, DarkHorse

As several members have stated, they eagerly anticipate the telling of your story.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
What really intrigued me was the description of the "room" which I have stated. I keep picturing the "woven metal" you speak of. I hope you can elaborate more on these things as you continue.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Can we get this good cop/bad cop thing over with so he can tell his story?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Darkhorse ??
It was interesting and would like to hear it also !!!

Man, you guys chopped the root before it had a chance to grow !

Skadi_the_Evil_Elf That was a really funny link you posted !

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
ok

I would like to add my 2 cents worth here.

It is quite 'typical' for people to who have experienced trauma to be vague about it. Memories take time to surface.

As for saying someone has a mental disorder, I feel its unwarranted.

this is very disappointing to see.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I just went back and read some of the responses and concern over hoaxers???

well has the guy said..hey I have some photos of the year that prove ...?
has the guy said I have a chip in my brain that proves ...?

NO! He has just posted his story about his memories????????

He isnt even saying 'hey...this absolutely happened!'

farout!

And I repeat, it is 'typical' for those people who have experienced trauma to focus on the area of trauma...whether its sexual assault or alien abduction...

would appear quite a natural thing to do? No??
you would have an interest in a area 'if' you felt that 'something' wasnt right...
you would research and find out as much as possible and how many people want to stand up and say 'hey...i reckon I was abducted by aliens!'

not too many people, most people would keep that to themselves.

a little compassion goes a long way!
and as for Enkido ? he needs a warn? Surely that behaviour is insulting to another member?

[edit on 16-6-2006 by NJE777]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Agreed!!!!

I'm no psychiatrist, but it looks like you're probably a borderline schizophrenic

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
I'm no psychiatrist, but it looks like you're probably a borderline schizophrenic. Please fill out this form and return it to ATS as soon as possible.

Schizo Form

Thank you!

Not laughing at anyone's stories here but that website is ACTUALLY a form to fill out for "internet mental health". I found that very very very very funny....but I am not about to fill it out....who knows who is reading the things?

Add Paranoid to the diagnosis and you've about got half the posters on ATS already.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The Catalog Process /part 1

I am to this day unsure of where they came from, I do know however that there were many. Before then, the panic I had earlier felt was giving way to curiosity. Thinking of it much later, I recalled that I felt a kind of serene acceptance of my circumstances. This was shattered by violent and abrupt activity at both sides of the room. Like BANG! Out of nowhere, I was lifted into a sitting position by one being on my right, two more on the left, one had a hold of me by the hair. I am unable to describe to you the wave of terror I felt as I realized that I was in a room unable to move, surrounded by what appeared to be large insects. I remember hearing myself making sounds like a whimpering puppy. Maybe I was trying to scream.
Although they were bipedal, they resembled bugs. This could have been influenced by how they were moving, very jerky and quick. As I recalled later, they moved on sort of unpredictable, random paths. Not like an "A to B" direction, more like someone would walk to avoid something but there was nothing there.
My head was yanked to the left and I felt an extremely painful sensation behind my right ear, just below the lobe. I couldn’t really see the three that were assaulting me. I just sensed that they were there, just out of my periphery. The pain became unbelievable. I was abruptly pushed down with my head ending up in my own lap and my left cheekbone touching the top of my left thigh as the agony behind my ear continued. Years later I began to become aware that the feeling was actually an intense suction. The suction began behind my ear and then relocated to the base of my head.
After what seemed like anywhere from 2-5 mins, I was placed back in my original position. I could for the first time see them clearly. As in most cases you hear about the eyes are always a prominent detail. Allow me to attempt my description. Aside from being large, black, and having no pupils, the eyes felt dead. I’ve thought quite a lot about this over the years and please forgive me if my documentation takes on a speculative tone. We communicate verbally however a great deal of how we interact comes from our eyes. By looking at someone’s eyes you can tell a great deal about how they are feeling. I guess that is why I describe the eyes as looking dead, or even soulless. They were very haunting to look at then, as they continue to be in memory.
One being placed a large sort of lens on front of me with one hand and held my hair with the other. The lens was about 4” square and looked sort of wet although I don’t know for sure. The hand held lens didn’t look to be attached to anything and made a bit of a high pitched whistle, almost like a dentist drill. Again the feeling of giving up came over me. As the being took the lens away I noticed a large instrument in the process of being pulled from my lower abdomen. Thicker than a needle and quite long, I have no recollection of any pain associated with this at all.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
If I were you I would get a small explosive device implated in my mid section and have it set if your stress levels go to abnormal high to detonate . and blow you and them insect disectors up sky high!

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This is the most descriptively detailed abduction story I have ever read here. You are providing something that others have lacked and most that read crave.

Please continue TDH.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I will say from the way this is being written I tend to believe this happened. The Grey's that I go to are a smaller group so to say. They are trying to right wrongs that other Grey's have done. This sounds just like the way these other Grey's would handle there human specimens. I am so sorry to hear that Paul is one that had this kind of experience.

When you were talking about the lobe my first thought was tracking device but you said right side. I DO KNOW that the tracking device that the ones I go to implant the device in the middle of the lower "left" lobe.

Paul the way you are explaining IS the way that memories of these kind of experiences occur. I think you are doing a fine job and I do understand where you are coming from.

I do believe if someone is lucky enough not to have these experience they should appreciate the fact they are one of the free. Experiences can be very tramitizing and it is something you have on your mind 24/7. This is something you have to experience for yourself to fully understand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join