It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea seriously believes they can beat the US.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The only problem that the russians had was that the dogs they trained took a great dislike to the noise of the tanks and decided that heading straight back the way they came from, complete with explosives , was the best thing to do

The other flaw apparently was they used Rusian tanks in training, so when the dogs decided to stop running, they found a nice quiet Russian tank to hide under

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This reminds me of that line from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Arthur: What are you going to do, bleed on me?
Black Knight: I'm invincible!
Arthur: You're a loony.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
ShatteredSkies,

>>
I don't know about you, but when you get shot, you're dropping, I don't care how many swords don't pierce your stomach.
>>

While I find much of the footage to be likely period for quality and thus questionable for context without narrative translation, don't disregard institutionalized fanaticism tied to a belief in physical superiority altogether. As 9/11 shows, it's less how you wind your toy suicide bot up than where you unleash his clockwork mayhem that counts (axe murderers at DMZ border posts etc. etc.).

Remember too, in the KPA, Chinese and Norks both could take /huge/ numbers of M1 Carbine shots to the chest and keep coming with little more than a heavy quilted overshirt. Today's 5.56mm is not that much more powerful and is already known for NOT taking down opponents as decrepit as a Khat'd up skinny weighing all of 120 pounds, fully clothed.

Furthermore, if you add in the cumulative effects of the _infiltration methods_ (paradrop and scuba and tunneling and and and) along with this 'fearless until too late to realize his own mortal stupidity' indoctrination; you have the basics of a highly effective commando force able to attack leadership and other high value targets with little preparation 'off the street' (the myth that ROKs can always type-ID Norks is just that).

With a backpack nuke, these fools become monsters indeed because they can live _just long enough_ to position themselves to create incredible _disruption_ by which our own, more organized, methods of warfare are rendered moot. This without a single care as to how or why or indeed what the outcome of their actions will be after their death.

CONCLUSION:
The Norks are just one step short of Darkest Mordor to be sure (though I am amazed at the primo physical condition these 'always just shy of starving' poor little wretches are in).

Yet /someone/ among them has the technology smarts to not only develop but pass along nuclear and IRBM technology (albeit with Chinese 'assistance') to folks like the Paks and the Iranians.

This makes them not only feral dogs but rabidly contagious ones.

Under these constraints, judging the fox from the craziness of it's 'smile' should not be something you do without conditional modifier for scenario and desire to live more than two seconds later than he doesn't.

KPl.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Again, this video is not propaganda, it was a documentary. Stop spreading more hate and disinformation.

I'm also surprised at the "Crazy Kim" phenomenon. Most of you might be slaves to the Great Satan known as the U.S. mass media, but anyone intelligent enough and wise enough to actually study the situation at hand will realize "Crazy Kim" is a myth, nothing more, perhaps to raise the self-esteem of American leaders?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If you're interested in N. Korea you might find these photos of interest.

A trip to North Korea

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
LOL North Korea sucks as much as I thought it does.

As a 100% pure-blooded ethnic Korean, I always long for the day the two countries will be united again. It is truly the biggest tragedy of our times...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
North Korea, what a bad place to live in, South Korea on the other hand looks like a beautiful place to live in. Capitalism works there.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
North Korea, what a bad place to live in, South Korea on the other hand looks like a beautiful place to live in. Capitalism works there.

Shattered OUT...

South Korea is a beautiful place to live in, but its also a very difficult place to live in.

Capitalism in South Korea doesn't work as well as you'd like to think.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well if the war was decided on hand to hand combat mabey... some of their king-fu stuff looked like it would hurt. Did you see how old there equipment was though

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Aside from something nuclear I'm not too worried about North Korea. The poor citizenry is destitute and starved, they litterally have nothing but the propaganda.

It is also safe to assume that kim Jong Ill and his cabinet have no understanding of the western mentality. You would think someone would have turned to Kim and said..."I don't think we should call the missile that sir, dong means something completely different in english".

I believe if we could all come together and set up a massive buffet (omellette bar included) on the north korea/south korea border, you wouldn't even have to fire a shot.

THese people are scared, hungry and have nothing. You could totally get them to trade their guns in for a couple of muffins and a hot shower.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Going into North Korea would be another Vietnam....

In the last war with Korea they successfully fended off the americans with WW2 weapons.

Il's body guards can hit 6 targets accuratly while jumping all over the place doing crazy martial arts in like 5 seconds. I would imagine his armies have had this type of training as well.
Nuking North Korea would be the only viable option for victory.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor

In the last war with Korea they successfully fended off the americans with WW2 weapons.

Il's body guards can hit 6 targets accuratly while jumping all over the place doing crazy martial arts in like 5 seconds. I would imagine his armies have had this type of training as well.

I'd think that this training isn't real, and if it were, it would be Special Forces only, teaching an army that large how to be indestructible, something even the US can't do.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by darthmarc
@dagger: The Russians did use dogs with bombs strapped on their bodies to take out tanks during WWII.

Poor dogs... I guess in war winning is more important than doing the decent thing sometimes... but yet I have to wonder about the Russians since I've heard of other strange things they did then.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor

Actually when we went to war in korea US infantry were using ww2 weapons:
www.rt66.com...

As for ils bodyguards, that is what we call propaganda. And all the tae kwon do in the world is not going to help you when the tanks start rolling in.

During the Korean war the economy of north korea was a lot healthier than it is now. No infrastructure, no stability. If a groun war were to come I believe you would see north korean troupes surrending ala saddams troupes during the first gulf war.

Here take my gun and give me a sandwich I'm starving...Kim? He went that way, I'll draw you a map.

The citizenry of North Korea today is not the same as the citizenry of the late forties early fifties. Whatever fight they had has been drained out of them by an insane maniac who'd rather watch western movies than feed and clothe his people.

That's what happens when you give junior control of the country.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by darthmarc
@dagger: The Russians did use dogs with bombs strapped on their bodies to take out tanks during WWII.

Hey thanks for the info!

Originally posted by CIS001
The only problem that the russians had was that the dogs they trained took a great dislike to the noise of the tanks and decided that heading straight back the way they came from, complete with explosives , was the best thing to do

The other flaw apparently was they used Rusian tanks in training, so when the dogs decided to stop running, they found a nice quiet Russian tank to hide under

So by knowing this, how long did the russians continue? Wouldn't the NK's take a lesson from the Russians and not go that route

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
As for ils bodyguards, that is what we call propaganda. And all the tae kwon do in the world is not going to help you when the tanks start rolling in.

Again, it was no propaganda. The stuff depicted in the bodyguard footage is for real, a former Kim Jong Il bodyguard who escaped North Korea said it was very much fact.

During the Korean war the economy of north korea was a lot healthier than it is now. No infrastructure, no stability. If a groun war were to come I believe you would see north korean troupes surrending ala saddams troupes during the first gulf war.

Why don't you go head to head with a North Korean soldier? See how well he surrenders.

Here take my gun and give me a sandwich I'm starving...Kim? He went that way, I'll draw you a map.

Wishful thinking, but the soldiers are actually quite well-fed. The citizens, not the military, are the ones starving. The soldiers as a whole have a whole lot to fight for.

The citizenry of North Korea today is not the same as the citizenry of the late forties early fifties. Whatever fight they had has been drained out of them by an insane maniac who'd rather watch western movies than feed and clothe his people.

Again, you're one of those media slaves. And you'd hear a very different story about the North from the Korean people themselves. its not the simple, black-and-white situation you and the other media slaves paint it out to be. It is a situation to take VERY seriously, not one to accept and spread disinformation about.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Poor dogs... I guess in war winning is more important than doing the decent thing sometimes... but yet I have to wonder about the Russians since I've heard of other strange things they did then.

Go to war. See how inclined you'll be to do the "decent thing."

I've met and spoken with many victims of war, civilian and military, and all of them can agree on one thing: in war, the only thing that matters is that the lives of yourself and your family and friends. Everything else, its just an obstruction.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Too bad NK aint sitting on top of huge oil reserves, then maybe something would be done to end the suffering there.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn
Too bad NK aint sitting on top of huge oil reserves, then maybe something would be done to end the suffering there.

All too true. North Korea has absolutely no oil of its own.

However, reunification is a very daunting task, something people in the West don't realize.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Again, it was no propaganda. The stuff depicted in the bodyguard footage is for real, a former Kim Jong Il bodyguard who escaped North Korea said it was very much fact.

I understand that they really know martial arts but I also understand that martial arts are limited. You can surround kim with all the well trained body guards you want but they can only do so much against equally well trained troupes.

I mean really you can put every black belt in the world on the front line, but a mortar is a mortar and a tank is a tank...high kicking aint going to help.

As for hand to hand combat I believe our special forces are more than capable...at the very least Australian SAS those guys are fricking crazy.

Why don't you go head to head with a North Korean soldier? See how well he surrenders.

Well for one I am not a trained soldier so I don't see how that is going to solve anything, is this about me going to war or is this about North Koreas ability to fight and win a long ground war.

Why don't I walk into a bar and pick a fight with a green beret, the result would be the same. Out matched is out matched.

But if you want me to put money on a western coalition versus the North Korean army...i'm biased but I'm going with us.

Wishful thinking, but the soldiers are actually quite well-fed. The citizens, not the military, are the ones starving. The soldiers as a whole have a whole lot to fight for.

What about the families and extended families of army members are they looked after? And what could we possibly do to subvert a starving population and turn them against their own government, because lord knows civilians have never been used to fight and help win a war.

When the starving outnumber the well fed it creates lots and lots of problems in war.

Again, you're one of those media slaves. And you'd hear a very different story about the North from the Korean people themselves. its not the simple, black-and-white situation you and the other media slaves paint it out to be. It is a situation to take VERY seriously, not one to accept and spread disinformation about.

So now I'm a media slave spreading disinformation eh? And we do take north korea seriously. What media exactly have I been watching about North Korea? Not like there's a lot of information freely flowing out of the country.

I certainly don't think anything is as simple as black and white and also considering North Koreans don't make a lot of public speeches it's tough to gaze how the citizenry feels.

Propaganda comes from both ends.

LOL North Korea sucks as much as I thought it does.

So it's not just me, imagine how the people who live there feel.

However, while they cannot beat the U.S., they can certainly take a lot of our troops with them. A LOT. That alone is something to really worry about.

As mentioned before depends on the type of war, but fifty some odd years of shutting themselves off from the rest of the world is bound to leave them open for some very unpleasent suprises about their oponents.

I'm also surprised at the "Crazy Kim" phenomenon. Most of you might be slaves to the Great Satan known as the U.S. mass media...

Ah the great satan known as the us media, well as long as your taking a stand about spreading disinformation and propaganda...yeesh.

DO you live in Satan land with the rest of us dough eyed sheep or are you in south korea?

Is it the fact that I think the north korean population army/civilian...all of them are completely unprepared to face a modern war against the western world...or is it the fact that I'm an american you have a problem with...or both, just curious.

If I make a light hearted posted I don't think it demeans the situation of the north koreans but hey, it's just a message board, you really shouldn't try to take things too seriously.

I don't think anywhere in my posts on this thread have I claimed to be an expert on north korea just giving an opionion which I know is against the rules...no wait that's what this entire board is for...never mind.

Spiderj

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join