It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea seriously believes they can beat the US.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Video

They honestly believe they can do it.

I don't know about you, but when you get shot, you're dropping, I don't care how many swords don't pierce your stomach.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Yep, all the people of United States are scared now, sitting in their Lazy-Boy chairs and drinking down a brew while surfing the net via a wireless mouse and wireless keyboard.

Did you notice how small that white horse was? 8-10 hands maybe?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
That is an interesting video indeed. It seems to be more of a propaganda piece than anything else, displaying their hand to hand combat abilities. Though these hand to hand combat abilities do seem impressive it pales incomparison to the power of a semi automatic pointed directly towards them. Question: the group of dogs that were shown jumping through barbed wire and then heading towards the tank, were they used as bombs to take out the tank?

-Dagger

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
North Korea is kidding itself, as always.

However, while they cannot beat the U.S., they can certainly take a lot of our troops with them. A LOT. That alone is something to really worry about.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Most of that stuff has about as much practical use on a modern battlefield as Blue Angels shows have for real air to air combat.

If this was the 5th century I might be scared.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Almost any video you'll ever see out of North Korea is propoganda, certainly any official videos.

Still, like much of thier propoganda, it's somewhat humorous to watch. kind of a bad mix of classic martial arts films, old war footage, and bizzare 'cultural' pieces I'll never understand.

Maybe to show them how tough the "evil Americans" are, someone ought to smuggle some footage of professional wrestling into thier country.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It looked like a bad kung-fu clip, really...

Funny all the same.

Luxifero

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Yeah, like I said, assault rifle fire will drop them almost certaintly.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
However, while they cannot beat the U.S., they can certainly take a lot of our troops with them. A LOT.

That depends on the type of war we decide to fight, if we allow them, then yes they can cause damage.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I watched and totally agree that it's all propaganda (as usual). If the little butt heads come across the pond they won't get to far up the beach. If they get real stupid and throw one missile they won't be anything but a glow in the dark spot for a very long time. What scares me is that they are so brainwashed to think they actually can.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm big on kung-fu flicks and that was badass.

They'd be pretty tough to beat if we were still waging war with sticks and stones.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Correction for all, this video is no propaganda piece. It's a Japanese documentary about North Korea, it is in no way DPRK propaganda.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I don't know rather to laugh or pity them.
We don't have to fight hand to hand- we could just bomb the hell out of them. What would they do? Bomb us back? HAHAHA!
We have satalites to prevent stuff like that.
And hell, the U.S. is on its way to making super suits.
Military army that grants invisibility, super strength, and increase jumping ability. In about 10 years. Our troops can get hit by a truck and still stand, then simply hit the truck out of their way with one hand.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Maybe to show them how tough the "evil Americans" are, someone ought to smuggle some footage of professional wrestling into thier country.

Or they could just watch ESPN when they broadcast those martial arts competitions, Lots of board and brick breaking in those.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoundWhat would they do? Bomb us back? HAHAHA!
We have satalites to prevent stuff like that.
And hell, the U.S. is on its way to making super suits.
Military army that grants invisibility, super strength, and increase jumping ability. In about 10 years. Our troops can get hit by a truck and still stand, then simply hit the truck out of their way with one hand.

With regards to all the mention of how superior the U.S.'s military is, i've gotta make this comment.

The incredible military might of our own country bugs me immeasurably more than the thought of a place like Iran having a nuke or even a bunch of stinky fellas hiding in a cave killing themselves one by one as 'martyrs'.

They might be able to stir up some trouble, but the government running our own country has the capability to end this world as we know it.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Just to add, US troops are also trained in close in combat and hand to hand combat, not to black belt level of course but enough to know basic moves. Special forces are the exception because they devote more time to this type of training, in their line of business it pays to be quiet and not shoot the first thing that moves. In the modem battlefield however there is no realistic scenario in which hand to hand combat would be the determining factor in a war.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I got excited when I first went to this thread thinking that the North Korean's were going to challenge the US to a world class match of Chinese Checkers or Ping Pong or something like that. How nieve I was to think that they believe they are tough enough to kick anybody's butt.

d1k

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
lol, that was one of the coolest yet funniest videos I have ever seen. Loved when Crazy Kim comes by riding a white horse.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
@dagger: The Russians did use dogs with bombs strapped on their bodies to take out tanks during WWII.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dagger
It seems to be more of a propaganda piece than anything else

Exactly. It's ridiculous that anyone would take it as more than that or even take offense to it, as if N. Korea is attacking our precious egos and warmongering manlinesses.

I guess we Americans just expect to see all the worthless countries of the world kissing our feet. Especially the ones that we've heard of before and hate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join