It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confrontation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I was just wondering if anyone had even confronted a spirit or evil entity, for example, a ghost or one of the black eyed children or even in a dream, anything of that sort. I have never heard of anyone reacting in a threating manner to a negative spirit or vibe of any sort. Please feel free to share experiences.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Yes I beleve I have done so, however it was pretty much in the waking mind and therefore was part of my thoughts as well? I don't know to be honest with you, but my personality would definately allow for such a reaction. I was born an aries and I will die an aries for better or worse (if you believe in astrology and how it affects your personality).

I have been subject to sleep paralysis several times and I definately have very lucid/vivid dreams if I am totally relaxed. For some reason as soon I have brought significant stress into my life, the dreams do not appear. I don't remember anything from the previous night and if I do remember its usually gone in a few minutes unfortunately.

Does anyone have ideas on improving the quality of dreams? I know this has been discussed in previous threads, but I have not looked for the answer...

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I know this might not be what your looking for, but there is some evidence that certain cheeses can affect your dreams. Ill post a link later.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Enigma12321 and enigma333 - Since you are the same person, why are you speaking to yourself?

Also, please note this from the Terms & Conditions:

2c.) Multiple Accounts: You will not create multiple user accounts and "talk to yourself".

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I am terribly sorry about this. I have 2 computers, and couldnt remember my account name for one of them. If you could remove enigma333 and make enigma12321 be the author of his other posts i would be very thankful. Sorry for this inconvenience.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
honestly. the only way that i have lucid dreams or dreams tht actually feel real . is when i read a book b4 i go 2 bed . dunno could be just me but that makes me relaxed

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I know you've probably read it before but when I first started it worked for me. I am sure I stole it from some book, but I call it/ steal it as the "door knob test." For the next 2 weeks or so, long I know, everytime you touch a door knob ask yourself internally, "is this real or am I dreaming?" The intended affect is that your body is so used to asking this question at a point that your sub-conscious will ask the same question and jerk you into lucid. I know it sounds ludicrous but it has worked for me, and I learned that from a book I bought in Barnes and Noble of all places.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I battle them all the time....."Im a ghostbuster !!!"

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Regarding the whole negatitive entity bit, yeah they're there, who knows why. Strength of will in confrontation is the key, they do not belong in our reality and for them to even appear here takes an ENORMOUS amount of their energy/prana/ chi/ whatever you would like to call it. If we exist here without effort, who do you think is in charge in such a situation? That is a generalization, there are others that you would be wise to avoid, but the majority I would categorize as "troublesome," nothing more. The others, are the ones of nightmares; hate incarnate, negative preternatural intelligence, you get the idea.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Most of the entities in your dreams are just part of your mind anyway...So you are running so to speak from yourself in nightmares. I suggest taking a philosophy class it might help you understand some of the mechanics of the paranormal world (though it does not give you an answer it makes you think). Metaphysics is always an interesting subject in regards to this area so you may want to study that as well. If I think of anything else I'll post later...

new topics

top topics

join