It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2 weeks you may have the answer to underground civilizations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
In 2 weeks me and some pals will head to cushman, AR and investigate the "Blowing Cave". We plan to spend 3-4 days inside.

www.think-aboutit.com...

www.angelfire.com...

www.parascope.com...

As you can see, this cave is very interesting.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sounds interesting!

Look forward to hearing your results....

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
As long as he was telling the truth. If I find the crevice in the main chamber then the resut should be easy. (to find) First thing wer're gonna do is head down the main chamber until we run across the lake/river.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
calicuttc:

If I lived in the US and it was possible, I would tag along.

Sounds very exciting

Make sure you're "well balanced" though as this may be helpful.

Don't forget to pack oxygen too...just in case.

Cheers

JS

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
That's a lot of travelling for one summer. Who's driving?

What if you don't make it out? How will you get to Skinwalker Ranch? are you also going to Area 51 this summer too?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
forget everything, just take a camera with you

though i don't think you would find anything more than old mining caves

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by calicuttc
As long as he was telling the truth. If I find the crevice in the main chamber then the resut should be easy. (to find) First thing wer're gonna do is head down the main chamber until we run across the lake/river.

The obvious question:

Do you have any caving/spelunking experience?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamburglar
That's a lot of travelling for one summer. Who's driving?

What if you don't make it out? How will you get to Skinwalker Ranch? are you also going to Area 51 this summer too?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, I have plans to visit both. But seeing how somebody here wishes to call the law on me if I went to skinwalker ranch, I'd rather put that on hold and go to The Blowing Cave instead. Besides the evidence is more concrete anyway. While Ghosts appear and disappear, secret passages and underground cities don't.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenophobe

Originally posted by calicuttc

The obvious question:

Do you have any caving/spelunking experience?

Yes, but I'm not gonna lie to you I'm a novice at best. I've explored only about 4 caves in georgia and I've never been but 1/2 mile at my deepest expedition. This will be the first true deep cave exploring I've done.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I would highly recommend that you contact a local spelunking club in that area, and find an experienced guide to go with you. Be safe.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by Xenophobe]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Be careful, and also plan ahead...
maybe even scout out, and find a base camp, that you keep supplies at...
running out of batteries at 4 miles under the earth, is a nightmare to any surface dweller...

did i mention be careful, and try try try to get a pro involved... maybe a local cave club has interested members...

let us know what you find.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Be careful, and also plan ahead...
maybe even scout out, and find a base camp, that you keep supplies at...
running out of batteries at 4 miles under the earth, is a nightmare to any surface dweller...

did i mention be careful, and try try try to get a pro involved... maybe a local cave club has interested members...

let us know what you find.

What gets me is that despite the fact that he left pretty good directions, noone has really took a look at it.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Calicuttc,

I've found a caving group that frequents Cushman Blowing Cave. The groups name is the Little Rock Grotto.

Their Oct 2005 Newsletter (.pdf) has a trip report (complete with full color photos) of one of their outings to Cushman Blowing Cave.

If you are seriously considering an expedition, I would suggest that you contact Dewayne Agin - President of the Little Rock Grotto, as he seems to have some knowledge of this cave.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by Xenophobe]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Take a good digital camera. I just discovered my Nikon D-50 can take pictures in total darkness that looks like daylight in the viewing screen. Can't wait to get outa town again this weekend and play.

mikell

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

One day, while on a November hike near the entrance of Blowing Cave, Marcoux was attacked by a swarm of bees, bringing on a fatal heart attack.

Keep that in mind!

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Yeah make sure you go during the right season, which would be Winter I guess. I don't know what Season it is over there at the moment. I hope this isn't like that fictional "Ted the Caver" story.

Also:
www.softcom.net...

Meh, I don't know. It sounds a bit fishy. There really is not alot of information about this cave, the people in the story, or anything to do with the story. Where are the pictures, too?
This user only signed up a few days before his post which leads me to believe it will end up being a hoax.

[edit on 14/6/06 by Nventual]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
not to be negative , but what do you and your " some pals " hope to achieve ??

by your own admisssion you are a novice , what is the experience level of your friends ??? how much equipment do you have ??

i am not saying you should not go , but please set realistic goals -- and do NOT over reach -- saftey should be paramount .

yes -- go to the caves , camp out and ad an entry to your caving log book charting the depth and distance you achieved

but dont pretend you will eclipse the efforts of all who have gone before you . because if you try -- you will invite disaster

4 miles is a LONG way underground -- do you really believe you have the skil and kit to go that deep ?

i have some pot holing experience -- and have even been involved in an expedition to mapp and expore further the uncharted branches of a major british cave -- this involved a 20 man team -- most of whom , me included were acting as bearers and mappers , maintaining comms with the assault team and saftey watch . the planning and logistics involved was huge , with every one involved dontated equipment and supplies and we only spent 2 nights underground

other posters have pointed out that there are established spelunking societies who consider the caves to be thier home ground

so it begs the question -- what will your expedition acieve that thiers has not ?

above all , be safe

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I wish the best, but after seeing all the "kilroy was here" graffiti on the walls, even as deep as the team went, i kinda doubt the legends...

it has obviously been explored before, and probably just suffers from the self created protections that many spelunking gonzos resort to... (to protect the cave)
"its haunted" or
"big foot lives there"

helps keep away the tourists, but unfortunatley just attracts people like us...

Still, caves are complicated areas, if this team didn't go thru the narrow passage that was described, they may have never come across any of the things in the legend.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
not to be negative , but what do you and your " some pals " hope to achieve ??

by your own admisssion you are a novice , what is the experience level of your friends ??? how much equipment do you have ??

i am not saying you should not go , but please set realistic goals -- and do NOT over reach -- saftey should be paramount .

yes -- go to the caves , camp out and ad an entry to your caving log book charting the depth and distance you achieved

but dont pretend you will eclipse the efforts of all who have gone before you . because if you try -- you will invite disaster

4 miles is a LONG way underground -- do you really believe you have the skil and kit to go that deep ?

i have some pot holing experience -- and have even been involved in an expedition to mapp and expore further the uncharted branches of a major british cave -- this involved a 20 man team -- most of whom , me included were acting as bearers and mappers , maintaining comms with the assault team and saftey watch . the planning and logistics involved was huge , with every one involved dontated equipment and supplies and we only spent 2 nights underground

other posters have pointed out that there are established spelunking societies who consider the caves to be thier home ground

so it begs the question -- what will your expedition acieve that thiers has not ?

above all , be safe

I have no intent to "eclipse" the former team. If anything just seeing the tunnels with my own eyes willl prove to me once and for all that underground civilizations exists.
This...and several hundred photos are all I intend to acheive. As for Equipment and training, yes I am a novice and my friends are too. As I said before this will be our first deep cave exploration. You gotta risk it somewhere. If George White and Charles Marcoux are correct about the crevise in the main chamber then I am willing to risk it to see if it leads to "Glass cavern" and beyond to the tunnels. Don't mean to brag but I have plenty of money to buy as much equipment as I need.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
I wish the best, but after seeing all the "kilroy was here" graffiti on the walls, even as deep as the team went, i kinda doubt the legends...

it has obviously been explored before, and probably just suffers from the self created protections that many spelunking gonzos resort to... (to protect the cave)
"its haunted" or
"big foot lives there"

helps keep away the tourists, but unfortunatley just attracts people like us...

Still, caves are complicated areas, if this team didn't go thru the narrow passage that was described, they may have never come across any of the things in the legend.

I believe I posted a link, I'm too lazy to find it =/..about how one of the teams members said that they passed the breakdown that opened up to the crevise several times before actually looking at it and discovering the crack. I do believe they explored the cave on a regular basis for two years before they found it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join