It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Accuse Bush Admin of Manipulating Scientific Research

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The Unknown is a danger to the establishment, that's why the high priests of Mammon clandestinely abhor it. as usual, they don't attack in a straighforward manner, they subvert by corrupting its bearers.

Let's hope enough people realise what's at stake preferably in time, or we will see another medieval age, WITH surveillance technology.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I really dont want this to become a "global warming hoax" thread...

and it isn't really about the outcome of this report... per see, more of what it brings to light.

it is about the attempt of an empirical scientific group to show the many massive signs of chosen ignorance of our government.
Global warming is just one...

As has been indicated in the associated threads, there is adequate scientific agreement here... that many scientific reports have been tainted/biased to meet the governments need.

And Zappafan... i would love to see the links to your arguement regarding scientists that agree vs scientists that dissagree with the government line... I have seen the exact opposite to what you state...

From what i read... the groups that tow the line, get the funding...
having a job, becomes more important that telling the truth, it seems...
at least for many... because many unemployed scientists attest that dissagreing can be financially threatening...

I had originally titled this article, as *accused of "dumbing down" of america, rather than manipulating the science...
many times they dont manipulate anything, they just report, and justify... and silence and fire the dissenting voices that call BS... (see "Scientists gagged" thread).

I have seen a disturbing trend on many levels, that this administration would like to dictate what scientific AND historic beliefs are true.
Science should be decided by scientiists, not moronic policy makers...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
As further proof that this administration is supporting ignorance is the latest thread dealing with the 9-11 thermite residue.

Sceintists that have found thermite residue are being offered grants and moneys from the government, to change their research, or change their viewpoint...

money for towing the line... aint it great

thermite residue on 9-11 material

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
I really dont want this to become a "global warming hoax" thread...

and it isn't really about the outcome of this report... per see, more of what it brings to light.

it is about the attempt of an empirical scientific group to show the many massive signs of chosen ignorance of our government.
Global warming is just one...

As has been indicated in the associated threads, there is adequate scientific agreement here... that many scientific reports have been tainted/biased to meet the governments need.

And Zappafan... i would love to see the links to your arguement regarding scientists that agree vs scientists that dissagree with the government line... I have seen the exact opposite to what you state...

From what i read... the groups that tow the line, get the funding...
having a job, becomes more important that telling the truth, it seems...
at least for many... because many unemployed scientists attest that dissagreing can be financially threatening...

I had originally titled this article, as *accused of "dumbing down" of america, rather than manipulating the science...
many times they dont manipulate anything, they just report, and justify... and silence and fire the dissenting voices that call BS... (see "Scientists gagged" thread).

I have seen a disturbing trend on many levels, that this administration would like to dictate what scientific AND historic beliefs are true.
Science should be decided by scientiists, not moronic policy makers...

REPLY: As mentioned before, as refutation to much of what many "scientists" and Algore claims in his supposed "documentary", go to:
www.sepp.org... then click Global Warming, and the same on that page. That next page has links to many articles by scientists showing the effects of global warming would be the opposite of much of what is claimed, or shown to be just plain wrong. I'd also take the time (and I have) to check out the other items in the "Key Issues" collumn.
As for Algores movie, Michael Moore's movie(s) shows that accuracy of facts no longer relate to documentaries.

President reagan said long ago that the schools were dumbing-down our kids, and he was right.. it all started there.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
And now our government is sponsoring these efforts thru steering of scientific evidence to what THEY want the outcome to be...

And you are right, global warming is a misnomer... scientists who have studied the issue said that global weather change is a very complcated process that will lead some areas to suffer drought, and some areas to suffer floods...

They also point out that the worlds equilibrium adjusts to every change, and therefore, we might see areas such as Northern UK come under an artificial mini ice age. (due to the loss of the ocean current that brings warm water to the UK, from loss of thermal inversion process)

Then of course, In the fearsome doomsday scenario, we have to acknowledge the chance that the oceans have started a irreversable upward temperature change, that might melt the methane deposits in the deep ocean (ones that will melt at about 2 degrees above what they are now) and cause a catastrophic change in the ocean bio cycle.

That in turn would destroy within a decade, the main oxygen producing organisms on this planet (ocean based microorganisms). and of course, that means quick and painful death for all higher life forms... but dont worry, the methane concentration would probably kill us well before hand...
but hey, it only happened a few times before... so what are the odds...?

Of course, those previous times were back when the earth was still finding its happy equilibrium... and it swung out of balance often...

We have attained our Balance, and now humans are the only real impact that can alter it to such a degree... (and extra terrestrial causes)
Our earth has allowed our development due to its attaining a nice stability of ecology... We couldn't have existed on earth 250 million years ago... it wasn't stabile enough, and we would have died out with the rest of the permian creatures...

We are artificially reinstituting that instability... and true, it is not that big of a change compared with the events of earths history... but we weren't there then... and wouldn't have survived if we were...

Global warming is not true... global weather change is a correct statement.

and you will find that groups that argue against it, are doing so for financial reasons...
(they think it is hyped more than real, and dont fear a little change)
and groups that argue against it are doing so regardless of financial reasons...
(they think it is not understood by the others, and worry very much about the impact of these observed climate changes)

who would you rather trust?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Of course the government manipulates scientific data. How else would it be able to show how well its running the country? Please the liberals by showing better environmental standards than there actually are and please the religious right constituency by showing the fallabities of science and how easily it can be manipulated. It's dishonest and circular logic, but isn't that what politics is all about? Letting people believe things are better than they actually are?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Actually Global Warming aside There are several areas where gov't involvement can only be called criminal.

The information they supported regarding Genetically Modified foods, shoddy science and dangerous results.

The anthax vaccine that at one time was mandatory for the military to have. It is responsible for the deaths of several GI's. Clearly somebody was making money on that. Billions actually.

The EPA's report on air quality at ground zero. Come on down the airs fine. Some have already died as a result of breathing the fine air. Christina Todd Whitman should be held responsible, But no one inthis administration has been yet.

GMF's Seeds of Deception

Anthrax vaccine True Lies

top topics

<< 1   >>

join