It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

one interesting explanation for UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
i read manythings about this subject... and the theory i am going to expose is writen in some books, but it's a theory that few know about...

according to Albert Einstein and some other scientists scratching the mysteries os Time ans Time Travelling, it is impossible to go further in time(if you are interrested to know why search google and you'll easily find answers), but to travel back in time is very easy, you just have to achieve an extreme velocity.
nowadays it is impossible to achieve such speed, except at a microscopic scale (scientist in germany, our austria, i don't remember, manage to make particles travel a the speed of light inside a vacuum circle pipe with 16 meters of diameter), but in the future we will surely have the technology needed.
The UFO phenomenon can be the travel to the past (our present) of the future humanity.
the UFOs appear more frequently in wars, great events that have great impacts in our history, like the 9/11. imagine a school trip in the future where history teachers instead of taking their students to ruins, take then back in time to see for example, the fall of the berlin wall, our the launch of the first man to space, and even further into our past, like the egipicans, the romans, and even further into past. that could explain the images of UFOs all over art, in pyramids, ruins,...
as all of us know (due to Back To The Future
) all interaction with the past can jeopardize the future, making any the contanct between then and us dangerous, and any kind of abduction, wich i believe only 1/100 are true, are only for scientific study.

... it is like i said only a theory, like some others i know about this subject (i'll post then, some other time), that you can find on many books and articles.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by phat_thef
imagine a school trip in the future where history teachers instead of taking their students to ruins, take then back in time to see for example, the fall of the berlin wall, our the launch of the first man to space, and even further into our past, like the egipicans, the romans, and even further into past. that could explain the images of UFOs all over art, in pyramids, ruins,...

Sorry, but I cant imagine history teachers would be completely reckless and endanger the entire human race by playing God with time travel.

History teachers ARE evil, but they're not that stupid.

Plus according to my theory on time travel, the second you go back in time you are part of that timeline: Not the "future". Hence you cannot go back to your own future: You would go to the future created by your own presence, which is not the same future you came from.

Point being: Parents would be very angry their kid accidentally destroy their timeline. I mean we're talking grounding at the very least.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by merka]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
"Plus according to my theory on time travel, the second you go back in time you are part of that timeline: Not the "future". Hence you cannot go back to your own future: You would go to the future created by your own presence, which is not the same future you came from."

My theory is that when you go back and change something for example instead of altering your future you create an alternate reality in which the 2 seperate realities exist.

For example if you travel back in time and kill your self when your a baby you would not disappear like on Back to The Future but instead you would still exist and so would your future self however at the same time an alternate timeline is created in which you do not exist.

Think of the letter Y the bottom one line being 1969 and the top two lines which at one point were a constant has split into two.

This would happen everytime you travel even if you were just observing you would begin creating alternate realities. I think before time travel is accomplished we would have to work out how to map and seperate the alternate realities as so we could return to our proper timeline and reality to avoid the nasty business of potentially getting lost in alternate realities.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
your theory is very impressive, and even if it is wrong and there is only one timeline, according to einstein after you go back in time you cannot return to the future even if it is your future. here in portugal there is a learning channel called Odissey, don't know if you have it it's similar to the discovery channel, and once i saw an docomentary about time, and it they said that it's impossible to go to the future or past, even if you reach a certain speed you'll only be able to stop your time, while everything else goes on.
for example, say you go on a spaceship to space, and you stop your space ship in a certain space coordenate intenting to leave the Earth orbit and let it spin 1 year around the sun, when the earth gets back to the starting point, where your ship stoped, will have a few days less then the people on Earth, if you had a twin brother he would now be for example 3 days older then you
. that way you would be travelling to the future, even if it is only 3 days!

time is very complex, thats why only some nuthead scientist study it!

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by phat_thef

according to Albert Einstein and some other scientists scratching the mysteries os Time ans Time Travelling, it is impossible to go further in time(if you are interrested to know why search google and you'll easily find answers), but to travel back in time is very easy, you just have to achieve an extreme velocity.

This is my first ATS post and Im no physics expert by any stretch of the imagination but It was my understanding that this is not true.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought according to Einstein travelling at extreme velocity (faster than the speed of light), will not send you back in time at all, time would basically go slower for you than the rest of the universe, which would mean that you would be "travelling" in to your own future.

It is my belief that the only way that anything could time travel in any other way is by breaking the fabric of space and time, either through "manipulation", or through so called wormholes.

Now this is more interesting as like you say it brings into possibilities of breaking timelines etc, but I find it hard to believe that you could alter your own reality by time travel, because I believe that this manipulation would take you into a separate reality, thus breaking the chain of the previous realities hold on you.

Anyway, back on subject. If this "alternative time" theory was correct, then I do not see why even if people of our future could travel back to this one, why they would.

I am a believer that 99% of "alien" or "ufo" activity is nothing to get excited about, but there is definitely proof that in certain times of our past we have definitely been visited by things not of this world.

I think that greys and aliens of that nature are a figment of imagination inbred into popular culture.

I think the truth about these UFO's is that the UFO's themselves are the "aliens". Some sort of being, maybe of intelligence maybe not, that do not follow the traditional expectation of life by being bound to a planet, but instead exist in space all over the galaxy.

If anyone is still awake after all that and would want me to try expand on this idea in another thread then just ask and I will try put something together

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Really its quite easy to go forward in time compared to backwards and we have proof to back that up with countless experiments. Its thanks to the time dilation effect. The faster you go the slower time gets for you.

So if you spent a few days doing laps around the universe at near lightspeed you could travel thousands even billions of years (depending on how close you get too LS) into the future and only have aged a few days.

That would be without bending or breaking any laws of physics and using proven effects. You also wouldnt run into any nasty paradox effects like you would with backwards timetravel.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thats a weird theory and i can see your point maybe there are just travelling back in time to see us or make sure we do things that result in the world they know now

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Really its quite easy to go forward in time compared to backwards and we have proof to back that up with countless experiments. Its thanks to the time dilation effect. The faster you go the slower time gets for you.

Ive heard of the effect of say nuclear clocks that have been placed on aeroplane's and sent in different directions around the earth and have come back with different times.

You say we have proof please show me?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Ive heard of the effect of say nuclear clocks that have been placed on aeroplane's and sent in different directions around the earth and have come back with different times.

You say we have proof please show me?

That experiment you mentioned is proof test airplanes confirm the existence of a time difference between ground observers and a reference frame moving with respect to them.

Everything slows relative to stationary objects not just clocks, Atomic decay, cells replication everthing.

There are other experiments that can be reproduced in just about any college pyschics lab in the US. Heres one such one, you can find many more with a google search.

link

Time dilation is a proven testable fact

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Maybe speed does affect space and time?
But how could we as you and me test this?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

So if you spent a few days doing laps around the universe at near lightspeed you could travel thousands even billions of years (depending on how close you get too LS) into the future and only have aged a few days.

Yes I agree with that, I think it's been proven, i've heard documentaries with scientists saying that this is science fact and not sci-fi. Though don't ask me how they would know this to be true..

The theory is about light speed, say you were in a spacecraft planted on Earth and you suddenly blasted off into space at instant light speed.. you would see and feel yourself taking a very very quick ride out into the galaxy, while everyone around watching would not even notice your ship moving at all, but rather super slow.
By the time you made a U-turn and came back to Earth you would have aged only a few days but say 50,000 years have passed by in 'our time'.

That's the theory...

I have my own theory about how to look into the past.. we would need 2 new technologies, 1= teleportation and 2= super telescope
My theory goes like this.. With the ability to teleport our spacecraft 1000 light years from earth, instantaneous and bypassing time dialation, then turning our 'super-telescope' towards Earth and see things as they were 1000 years ago..

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Do you mean test this effect on humans or how a average person can run time dilation experiments?

To see effects on humans that would go beyond fractions of a second we would need to go tremendous speeds starting to get close to the speed of light. Theres nothing in physics preventing us from doing that we wouldnt be breaking Einstein's law.

But our technology is far too feeble to reach those speeds. Though we have some interesting concepts like solar sails that might be able to do 10% LS were you might start to notice some effects of time dilation.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Or Blank Slate Technology is the direction the real research is done, apparently time is not only linear but vertical and up to now the best remote viewers in the world can go forward or back but not stop and alter. This is where researchers in that domaine are working on, or at least as far as two years ago, and they believe that they are closing in on that aspect of it... something to do with a sub atomic particle being discovered in our DNA that is connected to space.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by incunabula
Or Blank Slate Technology is the direction the real research is done, apparently time is not only linear but vertical and up to now the best remote viewers in the world can go forward or back but not stop and alter. This is where researchers in that domaine are working on, or at least as far as two years ago, and they believe that they are closing in on that aspect of it... something to do with a sub atomic particle being discovered in our DNA that is connected to space.

hmmmm...interesting line of thinking. I've heard this proposal from someone who should know and the link with DNA fits. "Everything about mans past, present and future is in our DNA".

Scary stuff, but worth looking into... carefully, that is.

On the idea of time travel. Assuming some advanced race, older than us, has achieved this. I was always under the mis-guided, s.f. induced star trek belief that they would have some kind of "non-interference" policy. But, if you think about it, and if they are not connected to us and this worldline, then why would they have any compunction about messing with ours? Conversely, they may have all kinds of reasons for mixing up our worldtimeline. We are rather self destructive as a species, so they may not have any moral feelings about modifing us, or out timelines. Hell, we may not even be what we think we are. How can a half-wit evaluate a full-wit anyways?

I think many of the answers are indeed in our DNA.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I think you guys should watch David Sereda's documentary with Dan Akroyd on UFO's where he explains the galaxy clock and the propulsion method.

[edit on 5-9-2006 by dgoodpasture]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I've always thought of that being a theory, but I've also always wondered if time travel was really possible with our physical body. Maybe the only way to go back or go forward is through some kinda astral travel or something...... I dunno, thats what I've always wondered.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm wondering if the current HAARP technology we don't know about, might have the ability to teleport objects using that principle? If that concept is doable, why not with dimensional or temporal travel too?

new topics

top topics

join