It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think Jesus is angry?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
but that's all we have, the stuff he said is only found in stuff other people wrote. it's not like he did life and times, or wrote a book. everything we know about him, everything he said/did, has been written down by someone else. tracked by someone else. what i want to know is, where their motives pure?

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reading his parables to get a glimpse of the mind of jesus...
a nice second up would be to read about his actions and dealings with other people and what they thought of those actions to contrast the person from the lies put on the person...

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
i was just pointing out that everything we know he supposedly said, was written by other people, not him, so as far as we know, it could all be lies.but it may not. but the key to any parable is never to take it literally in the sense it was written. always interperate into what works best for you.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:23 AM
link   
ther is such thing as universal truth and universal law all being within creation have to abide by to exist...

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 03:37 AM
link   
He is not angry he loves us, and those that fink he is angry at us is because you are not living according to his word and like he stated you can do what you will but take the consequences of you�re actions.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Well i just posted to say that of course Jesus is not angry.

That question must be a joke.
If you dont know anything about Jesus then dont talk about him.

About lightening strikes; if you get hit by one i belive lightenings to purify the subtle body alot... If you dont die of course.

[Edited on 24-10-2003 by innerRevolution]

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Regarding the original topic: maybe Jesus is trying to tell us something.... maybe " what the hell is that??! Is that the best you can get?!? ! I want George Clooney to play me, or Leonardo Di Caprio!!"

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by deafence#
if jesus did infact exist, then there is no way he would be angry. he distinctly says to turn the other cheek and love thine enemy. so for him to be angry, it would be to go against all his supposed teachings and everything he stoods for. and since he is the apparent son of god, i find it unlikey in that case. but then again i dont even think he was that. i just think he was a dude with ideas.

Then you haven't understood squat of how Jesus is. Turn the other cheek to the world? Yeah right. Jesus shall judge the world, not hug it. When Jesus tells his followers to turn the other cheek, he says that we should leave the judgement to Jesus, so he can be pissed in our place and judge the quick and the dead. If we don't turn the other cheek (like Bush should have done) Jesus simply leaves us, for we have shown that we want to take the measures into our own hands and trust our own strength and our own rightiousness. If we don't trust Jesus we have no part in him. If we love our brothers and sisters more than we love Jesus, Jesus rebukes us.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 07:57 AM
link   

well, i don't remember anything about jesus, except for what i've read in the bible, which was supposed to have been written by people who knew him. i was merely spectulating on the likeliness of who he was, what i think of him.

The only writings in the NT that is knowingly written by people who knew him personally is the Gospel of John (the other three gospels are third hand stories based on the word off the street and a mysterious gospel Q, for Quelle, German meaning source), the epistles of James, Peter, John and Jude, and the Book of Revelation. The Epistle to the Hebrews also seems to have been written by someone close to Jesus. Paul never met Jesus, though he claims to have had a vision of him. Acts was written by dr. Luke the same man who wrote the gospel of Luke. I believe Paul was a double agent working for the Pharicees to hinder the new converts to ever being accepted into the Jewish Sanhedrin and thereby coup it with the (true) teachings of the Messiah.

Jesus gave his followers a prophetic riddle before he left:
"The greatest among you shall be like the least"
Throughout the years people have thought that this means something good. But I'm afraid they're wrong, for Jesus also says that "whosoever shall teach people to not follow the commanments of God, the Law, shall be like the least in the kingdom of Heaven", while "the children are the greatest". After his alkledged conversion, Saulus the Pharicee inquisitor took the name Paulus which means Small, and started teaching the Christians "Freedom From The Law" and questioned the authority of Peter who had been put among the followers as the eldest among the brothers. Go figure.... The cunning will be unveiled by their own cunningness.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   

but that's all we have, the stuff he said is only found in stuff other people wrote. it's not like he did life and times, or wrote a book. everything we know about him, everything he said/did, has been written down by someone else. tracked by someone else. what i want to know is, where their motives pure?

There is heavy speculation whether Jesus himself is the author of the Epistle to the Hebrews. And the Book of Revelation is dictated from his Angel's mouth (Metatron/Enoch?).

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   

i was just pointing out that everything we know he supposedly said, was written by other people, not him, so as far as we know, it could all be lies.but it may not. but the key to any parable is never to take it literally in the sense it was written. always interperate into what works best for you.

Jesus wrote the Ten Commandments twise for Moses with the "finger of God" meaning a Ray of Light IE Laser, up on the mountain. "Before Abraham was I AM" he proclaims. His Name is almost identical with the word for Salvation, just add the missing W. Yeshuah/YesHuWaH. Yeshuah is a shortened form of the old Hebrew name Yehoshuah which means YHWH is Salvation. Go figure....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by vaswegpg
He is not angry he loves us, and those that fink he is angry at us is because you are not living according to his word and like he stated you can do what you will but take the consequences of you�re actions.

I'll say like King Solomon:
"Him who keeps the rod of punnishment away, hates his son"
"Those God loves he chastises"

Your understanding of God who is love is very limited if you think loving means being kind. He's not Kriss Kringle, he's a father who teaches his children dicipline and humbleness. Go away and sin no more.... A broken spirit and an aching heart is a sacrifice for YHWH Elohim.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by innerRevolution
Well i just posted to say that of course Jesus is not angry.

That question must be a joke.
If you dont know anything about Jesus then dont talk about him.

Look who's talking....

About lightening strikes; if you get hit by one i belive lightenings to purify the subtle body alot... If you dont die of course.

The uncle of a friend of mine has been hit by lightening twise and he can bearly walk and talk. We used to laugh of him when we were children. When he drank coffee which he loved, 90% of the coffee fell in his lap. He had to drink it nearly cold because of this or have someone else serving him. Purify my arse!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
Regarding the original topic: maybe Jesus is trying to tell us something.... maybe " what the hell is that??! Is that the best you can get?!? ! I want George Clooney to play me, or Leonardo Di Caprio!!"

George Clooney isn't too unlike my Master as for looks
, and the crown prince of Norway isn't too unlike him either, but it would be worse than cursing to make a movie of him I think, allthough there have been made hundreds of movies based on the Gospel, but I still haven't seen anything that even resembles his mission.

Colonel: Jesus isn't black. The vision of the Son of Man is a vision of the Mystical Christ, the Ekklesia of YHWH Elohim. The feet like bronze/copper glowing like it has been in a furnace is Africa, the white wool is the snow of the North. We are in Jesus, see? Mary Magdalen however is said to have been black, the woman Jesus loved more than the other disciples whom he probably married or meant to marry, she is probably the author of the "Gospel of John" which was written by the beloved disciple. The name Mary is probably derived from the ancient Egyptian name Mry which means literally Beloved....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius

Colonel: Jesus isn't black. The vision of the Son of Man is a vision of the Mystical Christ, the Ekklesia of YHWH Elohim. The feet like bronze/copper glowing like it has been in a furnace is Africa, the white wool is the snow of the North. We are in Jesus, see? Mary Magdalen however is said to have been black, the woman Jesus loved more than the other disciples whom he probably married or meant to marry, she is probably the author of the "Gospel of John" which was written by the beloved disciple. The name Mary is probably derived from the ancient Egyptian name Mry which means literally Beloved....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Surveys says: EEERRRRRRR! WRONG! Where do you make upi that stuff? It doesn't say this:

"The feet like bronze/copper glowing like it has been in a furnace is Africa, the white wool is the snow of the North."

It doesn't even say this. YOU are interpreting this to suit your own needs.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Actor Jim Caviezel has been struck by lightning while playing Jesus in Mel Gibson's controversial film The Passion Of Christ.

Everyone's a critic....

Man, you just can't buy publicity like that....
Next he'll have the Stigmata....

Although it is not due for release until early next year, it has already hit headlines after Jewish figures in the United States slated it for being "dangerous" and portraying Jews in a negative way.

Uhhmm...yeah, killing Jesus tends to be portrayed in a negative way....

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The uncle of a friend of mine has been hit by lightening twise and he can bearly walk and talk. We used to laugh of him when we were children. When he drank coffee which he loved, 90% of the coffee fell in his lap. He had to drink it nearly cold because of this or have someone else serving him. Purify my arse!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Thanks for the blessings but i dont want to purify your arse.
Well i gues i have to admit that it was a theory then..

....backing out.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Jesus wrote the Ten Commandments twise for Moses with the "finger of God" meaning a Ray of Light IE Laser, up on the mountain. "Before Abraham was I AM" he proclaims. His Name is almost identical with the word for Salvation, just add the missing W. Yeshuah/YesHuWaH. Yeshuah is a shortened form of the old Hebrew name Yehoshuah which means YHWH is Salvation. Go figure....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

again, where did you "read" that? from someone else who wrote it down, that's where! it's all from words on a page, and considering that it's around 2000 years old, has been translated a gazillion times, that kinda wears off any credibility it ever had. and if you say that god would not allow it to be changed, well that's just a convienient excuse if you ask me. let me put it down for ya: man wrote it down, the church carried it, the church = corrupt, so on and so forth. all i can say is, are you gonna follow a book, or follow your heart?

sorry for sliding off topic there, but it was pretty inevitable...

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
(To) Colonel: Jesus isn't black.

Surveys says: EEERRRRRRR! WRONG! Where do you make upi that stuff? It doesn't say this:

"The feet like bronze/copper glowing like it has been in a furnace is Africa, the white wool is the snow of the North."

It doesn't even say this. YOU are interpreting this to suit your own needs.

You hurt my feelings somehow by saying this. I'll say no more. He was called a Samaritan yes, but the word for black Jews back then was actually Strangers, or simply Foreigners. There are black Levites ministring a replica of the Temple down in Etheopia, down where the gold is good that the Romans and Europe stole away and used to build all their great monuments and statues and art and cloathes, their ah. I see where you're getting at, for the thing is with Jesus, I agree, he is like light and can transform himself into whatever apearance he likes. Perhaps he's an image we all have in our minds.

Proverbs 14:17 A quick-tempered man acts foolishly, And a man who calmly rethinks the whole situation is disliked.

Very comparable to Jesus own words about how a prophet never receives recognision from his own town.

I was horrified to see the NASB translation of "calmly rethinks" -> "evil devises" & "disliked" -> "hated". Hmmm. Makes me think of a couple of things about that multifaceted nation coming up of the ocean when you travel west by boat

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

I see where you're getting at, for the thing is with Jesus, I agree, he is like light and can transform himself into whatever apearance he likes. Perhaps he's an image we all have in our minds.

Proverbs 14:17 A quick-tempered man acts foolishly, And a man who calmly rethinks the whole situation is disliked.

Very comparable to Jesus own words about how a prophet never receives recognision from his own town.

I was horrified to see the NASB translation of "calmly rethinks" -> "evil devises" & "disliked" -> "hated". Hmmm. Makes me think of a couple of things about that multifaceted nation coming up of the ocean when you travel west by boat

Blessings,
Mikromarius

I wasn't intending to hurt your feelings. Although I have done that to many in the past, you didn't have it coming.

But, I do thik you're making stuff up. Like this phrase: " agree, he is like light and can transform himself into whatever apearance he likes."

"Perhaps he's an image we all have in our minds."

Really? Maybe you should give this a gander?

Romans 1

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen.

And, Jesus was black.

[Edited on 24-10-2003 by Colonel]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join