It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fueling the Aurora Issue

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Just saw this on the BBC website - I am a bit of a newbie to this site so I dont know if this is all ready up? Thought someone might find it interesting?

Article bascially discusses that the UK knows a lot about some of the black project the US works on. The document has been released with select areas blanked out so it is quite open to guess work....

news.bbc.co.uk...

Cheers

[edit on 14-6-2006 by Quackmaster]

[edit: title for accuracy]

[edit on 6/14/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It sounds very interesting, I'm definitely going to watch that show.

[...]
The MoD report which was produced in 2000 and originally classified "Secret - UK eyes only" deals with UFOs - or UAPs (Unidentified Aerial Phenomena) in MoD jargon - and concludes that there is no evidence for the existence of alien visitors.

But it includes a working paper on 'Black' projects which says "it is acknowledged that some UAP sightings can be attributed to covert aircraft programmes". The report lists three Western programmes.

The first is the SR71 Blackbird which it refers to by its little-used code name 'Senior Crown'. A 14-line description of Programme 2 and a ten-line description of Programme 3 are both withheld.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hmmm,

I wonder how substantiative the evidence will be - I've seen plenty of BS on newsnight before, and I've also seen stuff on it which is bang on the button.

You've gotta wonder what propulsion methods they use though, SCRAMjets can be ruled out, NASA would not have made the X-43 (-43, right?) otherwise.

PDE's are a possibility - but what of vibrations and noise? Surely the vibration issue in itself would have been insurmountable 30 years ago, and obviously the noise would render it useless as a 'secret' reconaissance aircraft, and as a secret aircraft full stop.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Anyone know if this will be shown on BBC America? I’d love to see the program if it airs here in the states.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Personally, I feel as if the Aurora is old news. I wonder what the other aircraft is if the first is the SR-71, the second is the Aurora, what would be the third? Since we all understand that a hypersonic aircraft will not be stealthy maybe the Aurora isn't meant to be the next spy plane for the US but rather the next generation bomber.

The US has been working on the Aurora for over 25 years, I want to hear about an American Flying Saucers, I am tired of all of this partial disclosure on the Aurora.

I would imagine the US is already working hard to replace the Aurora since it is probably already becoming old technology within the Black Project Community.

The question to be had is what is the 3rd craft?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
Since we all understand that a hypersonic aircraft will not be stealthy maybe the Aurora isn't meant to be the next spy plane for the US but rather the next generation bomber.

Why do you assume a hypersonic aircraft wouldnt be stealthy? In theory Plasma stealth and MHD propulsion could make a very stealth Hypersonic aircraft. Really with the right IR masking and cooling systems even a plane like the SR-71 could be made stealthy. The SR-71 already has a radar cross section much smaller then planes like the F-14 which are smaller and came out years later. The only thing that messed it up was the super hot exhaust which reflects radar waves.

We know they now have tech which can significaly drop the heat of a jet engine exhaust as seen in the F-117 and B-2. Its hardly impossible that such tech could be taken even further IMO.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
As you said above even with Plasma stealth you still have to deal with the heat signiture left from the engines and of course the sound associated with travelling well above Mach 6. Im guessing the 3rd craft not discussed in the article is the real spy plane and that might be able to go high mach and be stealthy at the same time. I doubt a stealthy hypersonic vehicle will be "air-breathing" because as we all know, what goes in must come out.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Now that I think about it would a Hypersonic plane even need to be stealthy? I mean is their any air defense that could down a plane traveling mach 5 plus?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to watching Newsnight tonight. I'll let you know what they say.
Peace

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Only lasers could take down a craft that fast, unless you know the coordinates the craft is flying. If you know where the craft is flying you could intercept it with any sort of missile if the missile could fly high enough.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Ah good point laser defenses that are designed to deal with threats like ICBMs would likely do the trick since ICBM travel at what mach 26? So really both sides have been trying to counter hypersonic threats for quite some time.

Though from what I know of laser systems like the ABL they are designed to hit missile in their boost stage so im not sure how much slower missiles are traveling then compared to their top speed.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
eh i just saw this on Newsnight. One of the so called experts that tryed to quash the possibility of an Aura type plane lost all credibility when he said something similar to the following "Yes there are planes like the Falcon that can fly to anywhere in the world in 30mins and drop a payload within 2ft of the target but there is nothing that can fly at mach 3 mach 4." i haven't done the maths but surly to go half way round the world in 30 minutes your going to have to go a lot faster than mach 4.

ISJ

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well i just watched newsnight too, seems a fair discussion on the whole.

For those who cannot/didnot see it - watch again at the bbc website.

www.bbc.co.uk...

fixed link

[edit on 15-6-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Well i just watched newsnight too, seems a fair discussion on the whole.

Did you notice the screenshots from ATS?

[edit on 14/6/06 by theBman]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Well that was my first ever post on ATS and I seem to have actually found something useful ;-)

I must admit I am more of an expert on the historical unexplained than modern day technologies, but I suppose we all have to start somewhere.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by theBman
eh i just saw this on Newsnight. One of the so called experts that tryed to quash the possibility of an Aura type plane lost all credibility when he said something similar to the following "Yes there are planes like the Falcon that can fly to anywhere in the world in 30mins and drop a payload within 2ft of the target but there is nothing that can fly at mach 3 mach 4." i haven't done the maths but surly to go half way round the world in 30 minutes your going to have to go a lot faster than mach 4.

Sarcasm?

I seriously doubt someone would be that stupid and be on the TV...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kilcoo316

Originally posted by theBman

Sarcasm?

I seriously doubt someone would be that stupid and be on the TV... [/q]

I wish it were. He really wasnt that bright and may even have been the wrong guy, it wouldnt be the first time that happened on the BBC

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Ah i was gunna post this

gotta watch this tonight!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
hi Quackmaster, gave you a "way above" as you beat me to the post yesterday!!!
If this doesn't prove that there's a black triangle flying around out there, some where, then nothing will!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Interesting, what's with all the Aurora threads now? I thought it was put to bed a long time ago.

Shattered OUT...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join