It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Result Shows The US To Be Biggest Global Peace Threat

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
fine then Muaddib, be the debunker and calll the FBI yourself and ask them.

www.fbi.gov...

The number is right in there. I would be very interested if you recorded the conversation and made it a PodCast. If you dont believe it, debunk it.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm not sure why the U.S, bar Spain, has provided no physical evidence proving Osam Bin Laden was involved in 9/11. A video tape testimony is hardly evidence as compared to physical verbatim, documentation and eyewitness accounts linking him to the events, not to mention scores of other variables that could be used to actualy lay charges upon this ghost.

The U.S has proven that it can use the media to indict persons in crimes and disregard legality. Heft feat this is.

Luxifero

[edit on 17-6-2006 by Luxifero]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
God I love reading all of this garbage.

Honestly, how many americans are even a part of this site? first of all, it is not the US that is a threat, it would instead be the people running the US government. We don't have crazy fanatics running through the streets, telling our children to run at troops with grenades. We don't believe that God told us to hate anyone. Some people in the middle east truly believe that we are working for the "devil," yet THEY are the ones blowing up innocent people. It is understood that there are civilian casualties during war. This is nothing new. Yet, can someone actually tell me the last time an american child threw a genade at invading troops? How about planting a bomb on a bus that killed 60 people?

I don't condone the stuff that Bush does, but honestly, I really don't give a flying hoot. I get up, go to work, pick my fiancee up, have dinner, have some relations, go to sleep, and then repeat four more times until the weekend, just like 95% of the working population does (I hope). I don't sit around and think about how much I hate arabs, cause first off I don't, and secondly, it just doesn't cross my mind. You people who think it is the american public at work, I am sorry to say, but you can take that thought with you to hell. We DON'T want to be at war, we don't want to have anyone die, our own troops are out there serving our country, not really knowing why they are out there, dying left and right, ripping families apart. At least we CARE about our families. Bush's approval rating is what, around 20%?

Need I say more?

Edited for grammar

[edit on 20/6/06 by Mouth]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
toadmund.. we are threatening the ones who threaten us..
Iran
North korea...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman

Seems to me that these countries are also responding to those who they see as a threat, that being the United States. How would you feel if you were Iran and had Americans on your western border (in Iraq), Americans on your eastern boarder (in Afghanistan), Americans on your norther border (in the ex Soviet 'stan republics) and had Americans on the southern border (in the gulf). A little threatened and willing to play the only card they feel they have to play?

Iran
North korea...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Iran
North korea...

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Once again I have to disagree with Muaddib (is anyone surprised)...it is not that i support terrorists or anything like that because I imphatically do not, but the whole notion of fighting a war or terror, muchless a long war on terror is simplistic (and asnine) in the extreme. The only serious way to deal with global terrorism is to address the issues that fuel it to begin with. Yes you have to go after the criminals but you do not need the whole weight of the american military to do that, it is kind of like going after a fly with a sledge hammer, you are more likely to cause more damage in the long run than the fly, and that is exactly what is happening. Considering the average unemployment rate in most of the thrid world hovers around 40%, that would be a good place to start. Also insetead of propping up all these little puppet regimes like we did during the cold war, encouraging the formation of governments that are actually accountable to their own people and not Washington is another good step. In the long run simplistic answers are just bandaids on running sores.

You have voted grover for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

That is probably one of the most succinct and accurate explanations about the "war against terror" and it's failings i have ever heard.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
canadians stand for anything left wing. case settled thx.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   

canadians stand for anything left wing. case settled thx.

No, they don't. And being left-wing proves nothing. Left wing is as much a political ideology as right-wing, yes?

[edit on 21-6-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
i like the right wing better because they got money.. /ends sarcasm.. seriously though.. who the hell do canadians think they are voicing their opinions on our country? their whole news media is biased towards one sided stories.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman seriously though.. who the hell do canadians think they are voicing their opinions on our country?

Who the hell do you think you are voicing your opinions on Middle Eastern countries and Canadians?

You don't believe in freedom of speech?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
obviously you dont if you cant respect my opinion

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   

The only opinion that doesnt deserve respect is the one that demeans other people.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Just giving you a little taste of your own medicine. I may not be the most respectful person, but I know respect begets respect. If you don't want to take people's opinions seriously just because they are from a different country, don't expect people to take yours seriously either. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. If you have a problem with the opinion, address the opinion, don't attack the messenger.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

Please tell me then why most people in the world believe it IS true that the US is a meddling threat to world peace, and you do not?

Hmm most people, I believe the survey only took the ' opinions ' of 17 000 people out of 6 billion plus people, you do the math

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

How ironic that you should say that when you don't respect the opinions of those in Canada or anywhere else for that matter. It also sounds like you don't respect the views of anyone left of where you think, which seems pretty far on the right. Why don't you face up to the fact that you made an outrageous comment with little or no knowledge of what you were talking about and it came back to bite you hard?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Believing the US to be the biggest global peace threat is not equivalent to hating Americans.

Just as recoginizing a threat in militant Islam to is not equivalent to hating Mulsims.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Furthermore, it is peoples opinion on what the greatest threat to world peace is, not what really is the greatest threat at this present time. People need to remember that.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I love the title of this thread... "Survey Result Shows The US To Be Biggest Global Peace Threat"

Ummm are you daft? The title should be "Weighted Anti-Bush Survey Shows Uninformed Leftist Are of the Opinion that the US is the Biggest Global Peace Threat"

It is an OPINION survey not a factual analysis. But of course as is typical of brain-dead leftist they have to spin to get their weak points across. If you watch CNN and the BBC all day and believe the crap they spew, of course you are going to believe the US sucks.

Let's look at evidence shall we? How many attacks in America have there been since 9/11? ...I rest my case. Prove me wrong. Take the battle to the enemy to keep our civilians from having to deal with it here. Seems to be working. Maybe if Clinton would have done that instead of sticking his head in the sand and cheating on his wife, 9/11 never would have happened.

These other countries can cry all they want about America. We are the 1st people they come to when they need help with anything. They should still be kissing our ass because they don't have to salute the swastika and watch their famalies die in concentration camps.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by Apoc]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The Bush government has created more instability in an already unstable region with its actions in the Middle-East. The BG has made demands of both Iran and North Korea, and has yet refused bilateral negotiations with both. From the perspective of the rest of the world, on the outside looking in, free from the jingoistic propaganda The American People are inundated with daily, it's easy to see which interests are calling the shots in war and peace.

[edit on 22-6-2006 by Dubious_Skunk]

[edit on 22-6-2006 by Dubious_Skunk]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join