It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Mason Material

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
as in the Collins English Dictionary.

Marshal n. 1 Officer of the highest rank. 2.official who organises ceremonies or events. 3. US Law officer.

as modern freemasonry recognised today started in England and marshal has never been used to describe any law officer in England it excludes option 3. He is not the officer of the highest rank so excludes option 1 leaving only option 2. read an english dictionary occasionally and you will find many words that are said and spelt the same but have entirely different meanings so just because a marshal sounds like a law enforcement officwer to you dosent make it so. it is not, it is purely someone who organises ceremonies.

Yes we say prayer on certain occasions as we say grace before a meal, does not make an organisation religous. the chaplain you enquire about is not an ordained priest but a rank. You would no more find a representative of the priesthood or the law at our meetings than you would find one at your local library committee meeting.

As for if its a religion, no it is not. this link would probably explain better than I can.

www.grandlodge-england.org...

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   

As for if its a religion, no it is not. this link would probably explain better than I can.

www.grandlodge-england.org...

Ok, so it says that you have to have high moral standards to be a freemason right? And according to that site Geraldo is one right? Did you even read his book? High moral standards huh?

I still say if you are secretive about what's going on, you must have something to hide. I don't think you are satanist or anything, just a good old boy's club.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
In a part yes, just a good old boys club as some would construe us... hardly a gathering of obsesives trying to control the world. As for secretive, cant be that much cause Im here... As for trying to deny any of the mindless allegations made agaist freemasonry, like satanic worship, devil plots etc.. whats the point. just be classed as another conspiracy and I would say that wouldnt I.... etc

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
You need to realize we are all here because we want to know the truth about things we don't understand or aren't supposed to know. When I say secretive, I mean what goes on in the meetings and all the rituals and stuff. If it's just guys sitting around talking about football, you can do that anywhere. Surely there is something going on that someone wouldn't like, otherwise the meetings wouldn't be closed.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
not a problem.... the meetings generally consist of an opening and welcoming.. minutes of the last meeting being read, maybe a ritual to make a man a mason or advance him. business of the lodge like dues, charitable givings, dinner nights, duties of officers etc, report on the health of members and widows of the lodge, a report on charity, what money was raised and what charities to distribute to and then closing then a formal dinner.

The meetings are closed because they are private to members only, nothing more sinister than that. Take any other organisation that has committee meetings, I'd bet that very few would let you attend if you wern't a member.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Thanks, finally the inner workings of the sinister freemasons.
Actually, that sounds exactly like my old church.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Glad I could help out

I dont mind answering any questions about freemasonry the only thing I will not do is talk about or reveal any part of the ceremonies. But that you can find out in numerous anti-masonry websites anyway.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven

Originally posted by kalki
hey why don't u scan the whole book and post it on ats dude?

I think I'm going to work on that, but unfortunately its going to take a while because I dont have a page scanner at home, so my college library is my only option at the moment.

I'm fairly sure its written in short hand, so i've been looking for an application to translate it, if anyone can help with this either post here or u2u me.

There's scanning software that will convert text that is an image to text. You should try that

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:27 AM
link   
or failing that, just buy your own copy, costs about �12.00 ($9.00 ?) would suggest you buy an English constitution version, saves you having to wade through a copy like the one printed with just the first and last letter of words etc. Easily obtainable of the internet. or there are websites with it already documented, use them.

disclaimer... make no apologies if you find the whole book boring... I didnt write it

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Too bad it does not explain the positions.

I only know of the Tyler....he is the one who stands at the
door guarding it with a sword.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
You might find this book enlightening:

Master s Carpet or Masonry and Baal-Worship Identical

This volume is written by a Past Master of the Keystone Lodge, No. 639, in Chicago, Illinois.

www.amazon.com...=1070585109/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/102-9842820-1233727?v=glance&s=books

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
or you might even put this work with other books of fiction , like peter pan, hiram key, star wars, etc

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
If some people put in as much work researching the masons as they did into becoming one...they could have already been 32 degree...

honestly folks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join