It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over FIFTY earthquakes in the last several hours in Alaska and still counting

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ptolomeo
Is this real? Updated? Usual?

Can it be related with all these quakes?

USGS Seismic Monitor
[edit on 14-6-2006 by Ptolomeo]

Very strange. "IU/ADK, Aleutian Islands, Alaska, USA" is the only one on the page that says, "Sorry, telemetry data is presently unavailable for this station".

Hmmmm, are they hiding something?

Up to 82 in the Rat/Aleutian Islands alone.

[edit on 6/14/06 by redmage]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Has anybody thought to check the times of the quakes against HAARP's operating schedule?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
an interesting read on fault lines where most of us don't suspect.

www.usaweekend.com...

I'm looking further for N.E. faults.

Edit on spelling as usual

[edit on 14-6-2006 by Ikema]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
With all the quakes in Alaska there might be something brewing. Who knows though. Perhaps George Carlin was right a few years back whe he said," I think Mother Nature has just about had enough of us, she's going to shake us off like a bad case of the fleas." Maybe the man is psychic. Just a thought though

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Isn't it interesting, how all these e'quakes are in a straight line?

eqinfo.ucsd.edu...

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Not really, that is the border of the "ring of fire".

What I do find interesting though, is the sheer number of quakes in such a confined area and time frame (up to 87 now).

Also, that the link (in the post I quoted above from Ptolomeo) is not showing a graphical readout for the Aleutian Islands yet they have data for Funafuti, Tuvalu and it is almost blacked out with "activity".

If they can maintain a readout of that then why not the Aleutians?

[edit on 6/14/06 by redmage]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nik420
Has anybody thought to check the times of the quakes against HAARP's operating schedule?

HAARP cannot output the fantastic energies needed to move tectonic plates and masses of earth. HAARP works on the atmosphere, not the lithosphere.

joshai2334
how all these e'quakes are in a straight line?

Thats not so much a straight line as its the boundaries of the pacific plate, the subduction of which is causing those earth quakes and volcanism.

Lets get an image of suduction, and how it leads to volcanism. The earth quakes are caused by the movement of the subducting plate itself, the outlines of the plate have even ben traced out by mapping the epicenters of these quakes at depth:

This is what is happening all along the Ring of Fire. Japan is an arc of islands caused by the volcanism there. The mountains of Peru are what also caused by it. The Aleutians, also, are formed from it.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Nygdan, Good post, and nice proper use of plate terminology.

I believe he is correct, the quakes appear to be around the pacific plate which is normal activity where plate subduction occurs. Is Alaska sitting on divergent or convergent plate boundries? I forget the 3rd type whereas the are rubbing parallel to one another.....any ideas?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Surely this is some sort of record...? I think its 67 quakes now. whoa...

[edit on 14/6/06 by Fealiks]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
From all the information we manage, it would be helpful to make a summary...

Am I right if I say that there is an increased -- movement -- at the Ring of Fire, extending from New Zealand to Australia, going up to Indonesia and Japon, North of Russia and through the Western Coast of Northern & Southern America?

Furthermore, we have a lot of volcanic activity on different locations...

BTW, has the Earth´s Wobble paused again?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hey!

Did anyone notice that some of the quakes are stated as

Depth: 1,00 km.

?

USGS list of quakes

[edit on 14-6-2006 by Ptolomeo]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Someone wanted to know i this is related to HAARP

I dunno, but here is a link for you to check
HAARP
see what you can find out...

I dont have the time while at work

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Yeah, I noticed that.

Now might be a good time to start predicting a big one at shallow depth.

If it happens, it will be nasty. It won't necessarily cause a tsunami, but it very well could. I think anything greater than a 7 in the region has the potential to cause a lot of destruction down the entire West coast.

I guess the technical term for what I've been calling 'clusters' is actually 'swarms', and doing a search with the term brings up a lot of past incidents, for comparison.

6rr

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Alaska earthquake statistics
Each year about 5,000 to 6,000 earthquakes shake the state of Alaska. That's an average of more than 13 each day!

Alaska has 11 percent of the world's earthquakes
Alaska has 52 percent of all the earthquakes in the United States.
Three of the six largest earthquakes in the world were in Alaska.
Seven of the ten largest earthquakes in the United States were in Alaska.
Since 1900, Alaska has had an average of:
One magnitude 8 or larger earthquake every 13 years.
One magnitude 7 to 8 earthquake every year.
Four and a half magnitude 6 to 7 earthquakes per year.
Twenty magnitude 5 to 6 earthquakes per year.
Ninety magnitude 4 to 5 earthquakes per year.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Someone wanted to know i this is related to HAARP

I dunno, but here is a link for you to check
HAARP
see what you can find out...

I don't see anything out of the ordinary there other than the fact that north magnetic trace appears to be drifting. I can't direct link but if you change the plot width parameter to 2 weeks with an end date of today (leave all other parameters at defaults) you'll see what I mean.

Can anyone help us out with the significance, if any, of this plot?

EDIT: There are also discrepancies between stations (again with a 2-week plot):

I don't know if these are significant, or if they are even related to the quakes, but I thought it was worth mentioning in this thread.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by Fiverz]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
how do you guys find out this stuff, from the earthquakes to this detailed info... Iam....well good job

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Quote: "HAARP cannot output the fantastic energies needed to move tectonic plates and masses of earth. HAARP works on the atmosphere, not the lithosphere."

In the report I read, they were planning to use HAARP to scan deep into the Earth, thinking it might be useful for detecting oil deposits, and, they believed it COULD have an effect on tectonic plates.

In case anyone was interested, I think I recall that skaler waves were detected in the vicinity of New Orleans during the week preceding Katrina's landfall.

Yes, the only stupid questions are the unasked ones. What's worse is when you ask one of those questions and someone tries to shut it down with ignorance so that it never gets discussed.

It is also very foolish, from a scientific point of view, to dismiss any idea out of hand so quickly.

HAARP should be investigated!

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
A few people have hinted that all these quakes could be the harbinger of a much bigger 'event', and I for one think they may be correct. I've been looking into Pole Reversal for some time, and we are quite possibly be entering one now. This, it seems, could create serious geological instability.

A link to the computer model designed by Gary Glatzmaier and Paul Roberts in 1995, where the magnetic field flipped after simulating 36,000 years:

www.pbs.org...

And a very informative link that explains more about magnetic field behaviour and it's possible implications, giving all sides of the story. I urge you to read the whole article:

www.pureenergysystems.com...

We already know that the Earth isn't ours, she allows us to live here. Perhaps she wants her planet back?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If you are going to investigate HAARP, you need to look over many records over a few days, not just todays records.

From what I understand, its a gradual thing with HAARP.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hmm, If I lived on the west side, I'd prolly saddle up and head east. Either that or fetch a large surf board.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join