It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over FIFTY earthquakes in the last several hours in Alaska and still counting

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Interesting. I saw this and it reminded me of the article I read about Polar Bears becoming cannibalistic. I wonder if the hypersonics associated with Earthquakes are driving them insane or perhaps the imminent pole switching

dsc.discovery.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'm the last person to believe in any predictions but I noticed this thread on ATS predicting a massive earthquake for the 18th.

Could it be these shocks are a precursor to a massive one in Alaska that will shake and posibly tsunami the US West Coast?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
I'm the last person to believe in any predictions but I noticed this thread on ATS predicting a massive earthquake for the 18th.

Could it be these shocks are a precursor to a massive one in Alaska that will shake and posibly tsunami the US West Coast?

OMG!!! Heres the link to the latest.... I think I counted 73 so far??? Could have miss counted there are so many..... all in purple too. That means they are all over 3.0 Scroll till you see Alaska
www.millennium-ark.net...

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hi all, im new around here, if you want to find out a bit more about me, check out the intros page, its all there!

Back to the subject in hand. I totally agree with MausOrRhis could be pole drifts as and as Fivers said the pole is drifting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pole reversal coulf be definately be on the books

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Where the heck is that HARRP weapon located??? I couldn't find an address on it. I'm just curious

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The Latest...

MAP 3.2 2006/06/14 23:58:14 51.777 177.177 15.0 RAT ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN ISLANDS, ALASKA
MAP 3.7 2006/06/14 23:43:29 51.830 176.953 1.0 RAT ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN ISLANDS, ALASKA
MAP 2.5 2006/06/14 23:33:03 51.595 179.873 20.0 RAT ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN ISLANDS, ALASKA

earthquake.usgs.gov...
Hasn't been one for awhile...

Nope, another

12:10:26 AM UTC
Rat Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska ( 51.76N, 178.25E )
6 miles

www.myforecast.com...

[edit on 14/6/06 by Yossarian]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
For those that are curious of a graphical representation of 2006 quakes in the region (second map):

neic.usgs.gov...

That map's gonna have 3-4x the dots once this is over.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
What is the number so far? I've read once 90 and then 78 and 83... Is there any accuracy in the data?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
What is the number so far? I've read once 90 and then 78 and 83... Is there any accuracy in the data?

I would count them but it's 2am in the morning here and all my eyes can see are little black squiggles which in the daytime usually make up sentences.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Here I found something that migh be of interes:

In a new study, NASA and United States Geological Survey
(USGS) scientists found that retreating glaciers in southern
Alaska may be opening the way for future earthquakes.
The study examined the likelihood of increased earthquake
activity in southern Alaska as a result of rapidly melting
glaciers. As glaciers melt they lighten the load on the
Earth's crust. Tectonic plates, that are mobile pieces of the
Earth's crust, can then move more freely. The study appears
in the July issue of the Journal of Global and PlanetaryChange.
LINK

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I didn't hear anything on the news tonight about it. Did anyone elses???

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Isn't there a volcano erupting in the Aleutian Islands right now? i seem to recall seeing an arial photo of it recently, perhaps on the NASA Pic of the day site. It would seem to me that since they are all in the same general area, thats whats causing them.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The first person to note that the Aleutian Cleveland Volcano was spewing ash was astronaut Jeffrey N. Williams aboard the International Space Station. Looking down on the Alaskan Aleutian Islands two weeks ago, Williams noted, photographed, and reported a spectacular ash plume emanating from the Cleveland Volcano. Starting just before this image was taken, the Cleveland Volcano underwent a short eruption lasting only about two hours. The Cleveland stratovolcano is one of the most active in the Aleutian Island chain. The volcano is fueled by magma displaced by the subduction of the northwest-moving tectonic Pacific Plate under the tectonic North America Plate.

this photo was posted on the NASA Photo of the Day website on June 7th.

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

this could very well be the source.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
NOTE: the web address I gave is for the home page of the NASA Photo of the day, from there go to archives and scroll down to June 7th to access the photo.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I've been watching this all day long, and I find it is quite interesting to say the least.

Looking through some of the Links and such, I found an interesting chart, that was referencing the Alaskan Reports since the 11th of June

Much of what is expected, was seem

June 11th had 11 readings and nothing +3 in Magnitude
June 12th had 19 readings and only 1 at 3.26 Magnitude
June 13th had 53 readings and 16@ +3Mag / 4@ +4Mag / 4@ +5Mag / 1@ +6Mag

And then theres today

June 14th so far 112 readings and over 50 @ +3 Mag or more

www.aeic.alaska.edu...

Now, from reviewing this today, it seems 11 x 365 = 4015 annual amount of Quakes registered in Alaska. That was June 11th, according to what was noted.

Todays events do seem to be suggesting something is to occur. What that may be we will only see.

Ciao

Shane

[edit on 14-6-2006 by Shane]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
I didn't hear anything on the news tonight about it. Did anyone elses???

No, not a word.
They're still talking about Alberto
But that's another story.

Maybe because they're off the mainland, so to speak, and probably not densely populated. So, not newsworthy :shk:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
The Cleveland stratovolcano is one of the most active in the Aleutian Island chain. The volcano is fueled by magma displaced by the subduction of the northwest-moving tectonic Pacific Plate under the tectonic North America Plate.

this could very well be the source.

Cleveland volcano look like it is over 500 km to the east of Rat Islands. Don't think that would cause all the quakes there. But there are several volcano close that could be the cause of the quakes.

www.avo.alaska.edu...

[edit on 14-6-2006 by valkeryie]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Lots of small earthquakes are good, if you don't have those then the pressure builds up and there will be a big one out of nowhere, the same goes for volcanoes.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
HOLY MOTHER MARY OF GOD....that is alot of quakes, great thread for whoever started it, i forgot. This seismic monitor doesnt show how many are happening very well apparently.
www.iris.edu...
i usually check that out from time. Maybe it just seems to update slowly.
This is incredible though cool thread.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Historically we are do for events like volcanos and maybe even an ice age. At Yellow Stone park the springs are too hot to sit in now. Thats an indication that things are beginning to really cook. Especially floods in areas of california and the western states.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join