It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat Chases Bear Up Tree (with real pictures)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
A 15-pound orange and white cat named Jack chased a black bear up a tree twice. Jack was protecting his territory and chased the bear away.

Photo: AP

Ja ck the cat chases black bear up tree (AP)

A black bear picked the wrong yard for a jaunt, running into a territorial tabby who ran the furry beast up a tree — twice. Jack, a 15-pound orange and white cat, keeps a close vigil on his property, often chasing small animals, but his owners and neighbors say his latest escapade was surprising. "We used to joke, 'Jack's on duty,' never knowing he'd go after a bear,"

Giovanetti thought Jack was simply looking up at the bear, but soon realized the much larger animal was afraid of the hissing cat. After about 15 minutes, the bear descended and tried to run away, but Jack chased it up another tree.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Hey, that's a cool cat! Nobody messes with him!

Look how scared this bear is...

Photo: AP

edit: I changed the title. Thanks chissler
I did write is correctly in the post itself though. I only messed up in the title

[edit on 2006/6/13 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Three... (Tree)

This is too funny though. I would not dare to mess around with this cat.

You almost want to take this bear home as a pet, seems like a big sook.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Here's Jack.

(AP Photo/Suzanne Giovanetti)

Source

West Milford, N.J., Sunday, June 4, 2006.

The cat's owners called it away and the bear ran off.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Apparently the cats in that area are much tougher than our local cats. My neighbor watched a whitetail deer chase a cat out of the woods behind his house. 'Fraidy cat!

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Wow! And who says cats are wimps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldnt want to piss that cat off!

It reminds me of scooter, a 20 year old cat my friend had who was the baddest cat on the block. He had been hit by cars twice, been poisoned three times, yet mauled a wolf/dog half breed to death and put stitches in some college football jock's head. He was an orange cat like this one. Maybe they are relatives?

Or maybe orange cats are really mini tigers? One of the local cats, olly, is a big tough ginger cat who rules the block. Dont mess with olly either!

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Here are some funny clips of cats including one chasing a bear: www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join