It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Tank Sighting (not Alien, i hope!)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hello all, I am 19 years old and live in Farnborough, Uk. I live next to a large plot of land owned by the MOD (Ministry of Defence), Sandhurst Army Academy is also nearby. Occasionally I walk through the land, which you are permitted to do and is legal. I think this land is sometimes used for tank/troop training since I can hear loud noises at night resembling gunfire. Well to get to the point:

This happened about a week ago while I was walking across the land. I was heading eastwards and had walked roughly 3 miles down the gravel road into the area and had reached an area full of burnt out cars. I could here mechanized noise but had no idea what they were or where they were coming from. At this point in time I was off the gravel road but the noise became louder and louder, but still nothing appeared, this obviously seemed quite bizzare, and scary for that matter. I thought it was a helcopter out of sight which would appear soon. What happened next was #ing bizzare though.

I looked up the path and dust/dirt was being thrown up as a vehicle was travelling down it, but there wasn't a damn vehicle on the road! The noise became louder and the dirt being thrown up came nearer but still nothing! I started to think it must be invisible or that my eyes were #ed or the sunlight was wrong etc.... I got out the view of the path, since I was slighly uphill of where the "vehicle" was and went into the undergrowth as not to be seen.

This invisible thing then travelled past me, threw up a load of dirt (and large rocks for that matter, one of which nearly hit me) into the air and went past, still without me seeing anything. Roughy 10 seconds after this thing passing me I went back onto the road and could see the thing had turned off left, since I was sort of on a peak on the road, and there aren't many trees in the area I could still see the dirt being thrown up where this thing was going. It continued along the road to the left and went up another sort of small hill nearby (about 1/3 of a mile away. The dust trail stopped at the peak then bang, in the blink of an eye a large white tank just materialized out of nowhere. I seriously mean just appeared! No strange noise or anything. I really don't know what the # is going on, but I've never seen anything do # like this, except in some #ty hollywood film. All I can assume is the thing has some sort of invisble power that no one knows about. Hey how the hell would you know! The things invisble for #s sake! I swear man I've never even heard of thing like that, this ain't no mistake, I wasn't drunk or high etc... and if my eyes were playing tricks on me, I don't know if I can ever trust them again.

Are there any other things like this going on, I heard of people hearing planes and not seeing #, but never stuff like on the ground?! Why the hell is it white? If I stood in the road would it go through me? I mean man, this # is weird ass. Has anyone else heard reports of stuff like this?

p.s. Sorry about the swearing, I get a bit carried away! I know I don't have much cred or evidence either, but I think if i got some i might get in #.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Sound cool, you should go to that place every day now, and even take a camera with you!

[edit on 2006/6/13 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
No way man, I'm never going there again. Anyway, I can't prove it with a camera because you can see the damn thing, i could take a picture of anything and says its there. And some bad stuff might happen to me, why the hell is it on public land anyway? I still can't be sure I saw it, it sounds and seems impossible doesn't it!

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Paul,
let me lay it out for you... we have had a hoaxing problem lately, so let me apologize before hand, but you are going to be tested by our members for this claim without proof...

First off, if this is a hoax, it is lame,
Invisibility is being researched right now, but isn't that good yet....
so all this would be, is confirmation that they have progressed further than we think...
(which is possible, and might explain your situation perfectly)

Second, if you were truly interested in what this was (which i would be)... you would have links to various cloaking methods, and useage... and methods of creation... (or at least, this should give you ideas of what to post next)

third...
If there is truly live fire training going on in the area, there is NO frikin way you should be allowed there...

If it is government land (MoD), then they could be doing a road test, but not on such a secret tank in public view... (that is the whole purpose of "secret")

so... either go back, and take some pictures/video (of invisible dust track, and visible tank), or research the various cloaking methods and post which one you think this used... Some proof here would be profitable...

and while you are at it... why not draw a picture, so we can see why you thought it was of Alien construction... or at least describe the difference to what a modern tank looks like...

and did you happen to smell diesel when it went by, or hear an engine? it seems you were close enough...

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Sorry man to be rude man, but I'm not lying. I have a job I have to go to, to be honest I'm pretty knackered most of the time and don't have much energy to research invisible things.

I don't think its alien, but how the hell am I going to know, I'm just a run of the mill bloke, not some sort of scientist. All I came here to do is to let people who obviously care about this stuff know.

I did here an engine when it went past but did not smell anything, it sort of sounded quite weird though, it actually sounded more like an aeroplane engine than a sort of lorry type thing - I do realise this sound ridiculous. It was like something off an easyjet. There was also alot of mechanical noise, I could here this before I heard any type of engine when it passed.

As for the tank which appeared, it looked like a tank you see on TV but really bright white, not desert colours or anything. The whole thing is, it just looked like a normal tank, nothing about it really shocked me, except the fact you couldn't see it and then it was bright white when it appeared.

As you say "doing a secret road test", who cares where it is if you can't see it? I do know that when there is stuff going on they put red flags and have army guys at the enterances in their 4x4 things.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Its well known that many alien spaceships can optically cloak. There is film of them doing this. I guess you saw an experimental tank with an optical cloak, probably electromagnetic, although there are other ways to produce optical cloaking. Try and get some photos!

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I would have to say...
this sounds credible from most points of view... so i will put aside my suspicions...
and i appreciate your response regarding the sound.

I would think that white might make a good base color for cloaking mechanisms...

one common type of cloaking is the video cell type, and its fairly complicated...
basically what you see is a video camera image of what is behind the object...

it isn't perfect, and you can usually see the slight difference in shading, and black areas, as well as the angle of view making for issues...

This type can be demonstrated by putting a flatscreen monitor in front of you, and putting a video camera behind you (angled away from you), so the video screen image is basically "looking thru you"\

the type used in the Philadelphia experiment was using a electrical deguassing set up...
it was supposed to repel mines, but ended up making the ship dissapear. (most conspiracy types agree, that much more than deguassing was going on)

I have another question regarding the visual you got... maybe you can answer this?
did it look like there was a "border" to the dust being kicked up?
in other words, did it appear that there was a physical interferrance with the dust being kicked up around the tanks surface... or did it appear to just "waft right thru" any object that was causing the dust...?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hi PaulStar1,

just want to tell you I believe in every word of your story.
I had a similar experience about a year ago.
I was shocked to death.

It happened in an hotel where several high ranking politicans and military people stayed for a couple of days.
I had a room on the first floor and the roof of the extended basement stretched before my window.
I´d left the window open.
I woke up in horror because I heard a voice directly in front of my window.
I could clearly identify a voice saying "Yes Sir" and "I repeat: ... 44 (several numbers)".
It was like a man talking to a phone.
As the voice seemed to become more distant, I dared to go to the window and have a look outside.
I had a plain view of the roof in every direction, it was a platform light grey in color, about 80 x 20 ft, 5 ft under my window.
A floor above were several lights on the front of the hotel.
I could clearly hear footsteps and the voice of a man walking away from my window to the edge of the roof, but there was no man.
I should have seen that man without question.
I clearly saw a ladder brought into position exactly at the point the man went to.
I saw no one go up or down, but the ladder was removed again about 20 seconds later.
I was shocked to death.

Up to now the only one I told about was my boyfriend, but I was just ridiculed of course.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Interesting story...and if it is in fact true, why wouldn't you investigate further? You say a picture wouldn't prove anything, but I still think a picture of a lot of debris being thrown around without any apparent cause would be pretty compelling. A video, of course, would be even better.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Too many chickens. I wished I had a chance to see something like that. Sure, I'd be scared as hell, but I'd be back with the best camcorder money can buy, and be properly set up to capture that.. Shame...

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
That's some pretty interesting stories about cloaking. Yeah, I definitely would go back there and take some video.. .may catch this thing turning on and off. I'd throw something at the sucker and maybe it would disrupt the cloak to get good footage of it cutting in and out.

Future Headlines ... "New cloaking device... now ugly guys can get laid too!" hehehehe. Believe me, if I was invisible outside some chicks motel window.. i wouldn't be talking on the phone... i'd be giving her a 'close encounter'.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well since most UFO photos are taken by mistake eg. they show up in pictures taken unannounced... then alien cloaking tech is as common as radial tires on your car. I'm sure that the US military has some of this tech if they have the ability to time travel as some claim.

Some of their tech must be so advanced that they would even be highly reluctant to use it in Iraq for fear it would leak out that they have it.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Some old links that may or may not have relevance:

BBC, 1999: UK and US build new stealth tank

The new armoured vehicle will replace the existing British Scimitar light tanks.

It will use similar technology to the stealth bomber to make it invisible to radar and other detection systems while it carries out reconnaissance in hostile territory.

Press release about TRACER/FSCS from
BAE Systems
Farnborough, Hampshire
GU14 6YU, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1252 384605 Fax: +44 (0) 1252 383947

Historical note: white tanks are not too unusual; there were white tanks at the Battle of the Bulge, for instance:
www.army.mil...
and the Russians have had some, if I recall correctly.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I dunno but if they are actively using that area as a firing range it doesn't sound like it would be legal to walk through there or safe for that matter. Usually there are signs posted that you aren't supposed to go into firing range areas unless Im totally wrong.

Pie

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I have heard about cloaking technology being used in aircraft. Well its probably the same thing. They have this technology already. I think it was white for this reason. (the planes i see come out of cloaking are also bright white). One way it was speculated that the cloaking was done was by tiny video screens and cameras that would somehow make it look like you are looking right at nothing. The more plausible explanation is some kind of electromagnetic wave bending type of cloaking that bends light around the object.

I believe you man.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
While I agree with the first bit of joebits post, I am going to call the author Paul out. Fascinating story but what is the point of investing the obviously MASSIVE amount of funds to create an optically invisible device when all you have to do is listen and watch for it kicking rocks towards your head? Much less, that, no offense, an average Joe such as yourself could accidentally wander into an area where they would be testing such a weapon.

I know I live in the U.S. and we are not so much confined by space, and most of you outside think we live in a police-state anyways. But at least for us Yank's a civilian being anywhere near such a sensitive project would be impossible.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Ive seen only one event that could have been a cloaked person and it was on the NEWs infact. It a few years ago and it was footage of Iraq and I could have sworn there was some clear slighlty blurred objects moving across the roofs of one of the buildings.

It looked alot like the heat distortion seen over a road on a hot day but a rough human shape and it was moving. It was strange and I only saw it once on the news. Its been so long I cant even remember what the story was about.

I guess it could have only been a heat distortion effect but it was weird and not like any heat distortion Ive seen before. If it really was some type of optical camo its wasnt nearly as perfect as others have described.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
My question is,

If it's invisible why bother when it throws up the rocks and dirt like that? How was the sound was it loud? Could be a cloaking project from the military. Or a miniture tornado (in Australia we call them Willy-willies)

Take care,
- Naz

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Sorry , You cannot grant this story " benefit of the doubt " you have used up all your votes this month

sadly , i no longer even have the energy to fling poo -- so must

i will just say on a semi constructive note that optical invisibility IS very desirable on a tank - if you are hull down or turret down in an ambush postion buttoned up running on APU power on,y -- how the heck will an enmey detect you ???

even underway -- you have the bonus of anonymity sure the enemy can hear you , but is it an invisible jeep , recce scout or MBT ??? are you going to risk a gun shot or missile to find out ?

also -- the lead tank can cover the entire rest of the squadron , hiding in iits wake -- where is the reall attack comong from -- is the tank approaching a feient , of the entire main force ??

if you have invisible tanks -- a smart commander will use a screening force of invisible motorcycles -- equiped with noise generators and dust blowers to draw enemy fire --even if they do not force the enemies hand -- they eill be in eyeball range of the enmeny -- and can report back positions , defensive works , obstacles etc

even if you decide to shoot it , and give your position away -- your chances of hiting an invisible track are reduced .

the success of the " dazzle camo schemes " of WWII era springs to mind , they prevented an enmemy correctly estimating range , size and bearing . without these key data -- a firing solution was far harder to calculate -- and took longer -- enabling the cammoed ship to manouver and fire first and faster .

an invisible tabk would be far harder to target than a visible one -- even if you can see its dust trail -- how much lead do you use ???

see -- an invisible tank would be very desirable

that said --i will leave before i say something unhelpfull

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecandyman

"New cloaking device... now ugly guys can get laid too!" hehehehe. Believe me, if I was invisible outside some chicks motel window.. i wouldn't be talking on the phone... i'd be giving her a 'close encounter'.

Someone promoting rape should be banned immediately.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join