It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS' Springer On Kerrang! UK RADIO LIVE tonight!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
That was a great show. Hopefully more like it will follow.

This is gonna really help generate publicity for this site and as a result, maybe more people are going to come here, take a look at all the well researched work on here, and maybe start spreading the word even more!

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Good gravy is that respectability I smell?

Just listened to the whole thing, nicely done Springer. Held your own, came off as rational and ya didn't take no sass.

I thought the interviewer was pretty good too. He certainly seemed to change his attitude as the interview went on. No shenanigans here.

As well as some seriously good plugs by the host.

Can't say enough good things, though for my own edification I would like to point out that technically one of your answers was pretty much "yeah we blame bush too".

Again good job.

Spiderj

PS I wonder if the host or juicy lucy will end up joining.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
though for my own edification I would like to point out that technically one of your answers was pretty much "yeah we blame bush too".

Spiderj

o
Nope... I specifically said "In some people's opinion"
I really did.

Tim Shaw was a PRINCE! truly NOT what I expected, I think this guy
is a whole LOT smarter than his "hype" would suggest. I thoroughly enjoyed "shooting the breeze" with him.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Hey man I said pretty much...

Again good job, I bet you gets invited back.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Very nice job Springer.

I must say, Shaw came off as a bit pompous to begin with (that is a "shockjock's" job though
) but I was impressed with how he humbled quickly when, it didn't shake you, and instead, you presented facts and logic that couldn't be argued.

Again, well done.

[edit on 6/13/06 by redmage]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Birmingham Calling

Excellent interview.

It's extremely cool to already see new members stopping in after hearing about ATS on Kerrang!

Now to put on a kettle, because I'm sure they will expect a spot of tea.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thanks alot that was great and well handled Springer. I thought the host was surprisingly understanding too. You did hit the nail on the head about people running around like "headless chickens" trying to get this and that material wise. That was a cheap shot when he said "B****cks" though. P.S who was the UFO scam? was it the code thing and saucer 'blueprints'? Hope to hear more of this soon.

[edit on 13-6-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Birmingham Calling
Now to put on a kettle, because I'm sure they will expect a spot of tea.

You forgot to put on the pot of coffee, so I will put it on. Only thing left to do is put the welcome cookies in the oven

Great job springer!!!! I hope you do more interviews in the future.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Grats on the interview Springer. Got a question now though. What's next for ATS? Is there anything more those of us that are hiding out can do?

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Nice job, Springer, congratulations!

... Now if someone could tell me why I joined a conspiracy site when I don't believe in conspiracies, I'll be happy.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aotearoa
Nice job, Springer, congratulations!

... Now if someone could tell me why I joined a conspiracy site when I don't believe in conspiracies, I'll be happy.

I think that question is covered in the interview Aotearoa, people seem to be enjoying the few hours they get of free time or "disposable chronology" as I like to call it, looking into what's really going on around them. The news media has failed us, our governments get caught lying to us and stealing from us and there are mysteries be reported that have not yet been answered to our satisfaction,

AboveTopSecret.com is much more than just a Conspiracy Theory Site. AboveTopSecret.com has a lots of everything.
Just peruse the forum list on www.abovetopsecret.com and I'm sure you'll find a topic/subject you want to know more about.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Thank you. Yes, I was originally directed here by researching 9/11 Pentagon and read all of CatHerder's thread before joining. I've done quite a bit of looking around and have always tried to find a logical solution to most theories.

Anyway, once again, nice job on the interview.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Very interesting interview, glad to hear you believe in aliens

The fact that he doesn't want to do his research, the radio host guy, and says he is scared to know whats out there, i think, resembles the general feeling among most people.

But a good way to get out the message.
Well done Springer

2 million visitors a month!

[edit on 14-6-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
2 million visitors a month!

What is incredible about this number is that we are talking about 2 million individual people! That is MASSIVE amount of people.

Websites (deceptively) boast about visitor numbers into the millions, but they are talking about hits in almost every case. A hit technically meaning every time anything loads, be it a smiley or a webpage.

When we boast about tens of millions of hits a month, we are talking about every time a page loads. We don't skew the numbers, we are the zenith of discussion boards in my opinion. Bear in mind we have anywhere approaching a few hundred "hittable" elements per page in some cases, and we are talking MAJOR traffic.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I love ATS.

I bet the number of "new members" has increased, i for one always tell people, who will listen, what a great site this is and they should become a member.

I sometimes feel as though ATS is a "movement" rather than just a website, as well as a community.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Thank You very much for the kind words... You know what? We (Three Amigos) LOVE ATS too. I am not being a smarty here I mean it we really do. We take it personally when people talk smack about this community and our site in general. That's an unfortunate side effect of being really passionate about something and something we have to keep a lid on.

BUT, it's also, I believe why ATS is what it is, because the people involved from the owners to the newest member are passionate about the objective of denying ignorance in an articulate and civilized fashion. We are also passionate about the community that has grown up around this objective's pursuit. That passion is undeniable, you can't hide it and you certainly can't fake it, I know of quite a few sites where the intellectual integrity is so nonexistent it's obvious they are faking the whole game.

One of our most sacred tenets keeps us free to let the site and its Membership become what they will. ATS takes no stand, ATS has no opinion, ATS has no cause other than the Denial of Ignorance. The three guys who own ATS, the Administrator and Editor in Chief, the Super Moderators and Moderators certainly have opinions and support things but ATS does not and never will.

Imagine a site where the intent is to prove something one way or the other, or a site that promotes something, anything. Would you be free to express your sincere thoughts on that site if they were contradictory to the intent of the site? Probably not or if you were you'd wish you didn't.

We know we are doing well when we get complaints from BOTH sides of an issue.
Take SkepticOverlord's recent Op/Ed, www.abovetopsecret.com... read the comments...

I assure you we have been accused of being Pro Bush (many many times) and, as you can see here, we've been accused of being Anti Bush. This is as near to perfection as we can get in my mind.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Hail SPRINGER..He is the MESSIAH...only he,s on a nasty nasty set of wheels..

Kidding aside i actually get most of my news from ATS.Truth and opinion.Not an agenda ridden monologue from an Advertisement ridden and controlled media..

For perfect example.

Hands up who found out about the Norway meteor from here??

Now from ''the media''?

Point made..

ATS rocks

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

For perfect example.

Hands up who found out about the Norway meteor from here??

Now from ''the media''?

Point made..

ATS rocks

I agree *Put's hand up*

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Wow that interview went really well. And I don't mean that in the way that most people do. Seriously, Springer, Tim usually hangs up and says "well, he was a winkle" or something but I could smell the level of respect he had for you coming out of my speakers.
He has obviously taken a liking to you, and while he was expecting your average conspiricy nut, I could tell he was very pleased to find your open mindedness. Trust me when I say that he liked you, I listen to him all the time. And him liking you is not only a good thing in the sense that you now have a "new friend" 'cause I'm sure that wasn't a problem before :p, it also gets ATS some good publicity. Tim Shaw listeners like me will be intrigued by the fact that Tim liked you, realising that this website must be good if Tim approves. For instance, Lyndon (who shares his name with my brother
) probably would not have came here if Tim said that you were and idiot and this site was stupid. I hope that my confused way of explaining that this interview was a good thing has got through to you

[edit on 14/6/06 by Fealiks]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

One of our most sacred tenets keeps us free to let the site and its Membership become what they will. ATS takes no stand, ATS has no opinion, ATS has no cause other than the Denial of Ignorance. The three guys who own ATS, the Administrator and Editor in Chief, the Super Moderators and Moderators certainly have opinions and support things but ATS does not and never will.

I think that's the key here, not only have you guys promised that ATS will never be a pay site, which i think i would pay for anyway, but the fact you make that statement, goes a long way in my book.

And the fact that ATS is non-biased, but its members not is a VERY sensible idea.

Thanks for the reply

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join