It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanley B-58 Encapsulated Seat: Possibly Used In Aurora?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I was looking at the Convair B-58 on some sites and i came across this Ejection Seat made by Stanley Aviation Inc which was used in it. Being designed for High Speed High Altitude Ejections, I was thinking it may be used in the Aurora

www.mv.com...

aviaweb.free.fr...

www.ejectionsite.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Is this constituting evidence for the existence of Aurora?

If such super duper things do exist, why aren't they used? No point having them if your not going to use them is there?

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I've already read about one Aurora crashing. Who knows what other 'emergencies' they've had.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Where did you read that?

Is it possible for you to post it up please?

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Here's something for Browno to get giddy about, apparently an Aurora caused an RAF Chinook to crash

www.theregister.co.uk...

ISJ

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Interesting read until the boundless speculation reported to of been said by one person in the last paragraph

*goes off to GE*

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Here's something for Browno to get giddy about, apparently an Aurora caused an RAF Chinook to crash

www.theregister.co.uk...

So now it can do these Mach 8 flight speeds at low altitude too?

Sometimes I wonder how "journalists" are allowed to write such crap.

The only way such a flight envelope is possible would be with technology far beyond our current state (aka alien), so unless you believe in little grey men visiting earth and giving tech to the US military [which I seriously doubt as they'd be bright enough to know the dangers of a power imbalance amongst a primative race like ours, especially if that power imbalance is in favour of the neo-cons of this world] then there ain't no way mankind has anything that will do this kind of stuff.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by kilcoo316]

ISJ

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kilcoo316
The only way such a flight envelope is possible would be with technology far beyond our current state (aka alien), so unless you believe in little grey men visiting earth and giving tech to the US military [which I seriously doubt as they'd be bright enough to know the dangers of a power imbalance amongst a primative race like ours, especially if that power imbalance is in favour of the neo-cons of this world] then there ain't no way mankind has anything that will do this kind of stuff.

How come you arrive at the assumption we are a primative race?

We have McDonalds and Shiney Spinning Wheels (with lights) on our cars!

But seriously, i thought mach 8 was possible? Remember the X-15 - i cant remember all the deatils of it capablities and achievements, but i do know that was late fifties early sixties - so what technology do we have currently!

www.dfrc.nasa.gov...

Don't forget that there are many possibilites and other 'races' maybe less well advanced than us - if they exist ?!

Edited for typo's

[edit on 14/6/06 by ISJ]

ISJ

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The X-15 set the world's unofficial speed and altitude records of 4,520 mph (Mach 6.7) and 354,200 ft (over 67 mi) in a program to investigate all aspects of piloted hypersonic flight.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISJ
How come you arrive at the assumption we are a primative race?

Don't forget that there are many possibilites and other 'races' maybe less well advanced than us - if they exist ?!

We are constantly fighting amongst ourselves, for example, at the moment its over who gets to use a substance that will eventually ruin the atmosphere of our planet - very mature aren't we

Damn right - they could be way more advanced or still in caves - there is no reason to believe our planet is the first (never mind the only one!) to have life develop to this level of complexity.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Yes it did, up in the rarefied atmosphere, not at low level in dense air and weather turbulencel.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISJ
The X-15 set the world's unofficial speed and altitude records of 4,520 mph (Mach 6.7) and 354,200 ft (over 67 mi) in a program to investigate all aspects of piloted hypersonic flight.

Yeah, but wasn't it a rocket? 67 miles isn't going to enable you to do anything of strategic value [as in "Aurora" type mission profile]

Its also a long long long way from 354,000 ft to 1,000ft (where you'd need to be to interfere with a chinook's flightpath).

ISJ

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The reason why i raised the X-15 point was its speed, it was capable in the 60's admittedly by rocket power, but surely you can see that, if they were able to do that in the 60's then what is to say they cant achieve similar speed figures at low altitude under its own power, today?

And as far as we know (well what my limited memory can recall) the fastest speeds are only capable by rocket motors, ramjets have obviously come close, but what about scramjets, they have been working on these for quite some time now, have they got somewhere with them?
Who knows!

[edit on 14/6/06 by ISJ]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISJ
The reason why i raised the X-15 point was its speed, it was capable in the 60's admittedly by rocket power, but surely you can see that, if they were able to do that in the 60's then what is to say they cant achieve similar speed figures at low altitude under its own power, today?

And as far as we know (well what my limited memory can recall) the fastest speeds are only capable by rocket motors, ramjets have obviously come close, but what about scramjets, they have been working on these for quite some time now, have they got somewhere with them?
Who knows!

- Whats to say they cannot achieve similar speeds at low altitude:

Air density, its pretty much that simple

-Scramjets

Uh, the X-43 was the world's first scramjet flight - last year, and it was only an unmanned research vehicle.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kilcoo316
Uh, the X-43 was the world's first scramjet flight - last year, and it was only an unmanned research vehicle.

Actually, the Australian HyShot would be the first in the west, and in Russia they had scramjets flying before that. And before the X-43, noone knows what secret projects US, UK, Russian and French militaries had.

new topics

top topics

join