It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats with all the sudden 'gay' threads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Is it me or is there suddenley loads of 'gay' threads on ATS?

i dont have a homophobic bone in my body but can we not just have a 'gay' topics section so that there all put in one place? because it seems like there being thrown in all over the place for no reason than to get an argument started about something completley absurd, that way the members that do seem to have a problem with homosexsuals can just ignore that forum instead of bating the threads and the gay community?

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
i dont have a homophobic bone in my body but can we not just have a 'gay' topics section so that there all put in one place?

Please let's don't. Most of them turn into a flame fest anyway. Just ignore any topic with gay in it.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
Is it me or is there suddenley loads of 'gay' threads on ATS?

i dont have a homophobic bone in my body but can we not just have a 'gay' topics section so that there all put in one place? because it seems like there being thrown in all over the place for no reason than to get an argument started about something completley absurd, that way the members that do seem to have a problem with homosexsuals can just ignore that forum instead of bating the threads and the gay community?

This is a gay board. Don't you know? Were all gay it's thantathtic

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Please let's don't. Most of them turn into a flame fest anyway. Just ignore any topic with gay in it.

its not a question of ignoring it, just give our gay community their own section, then anyone baiting the forum can be booted out?

i dont need to ignore the 'gay' topics because i have no problem with it as long as it stays within ATS TC? its just that the topics that have been brought up are being trageted and turning away from the original point?

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Im open to suggestions but the thought of a section restricted to homosexuality would be a no no in my books. For one it would result in trollers registering for a one time post to spread hatred. These gay threads seem to be a small percentage of the threads on our board, very small, so it would deffinately not require its own forum.

General Chit Chat is the proper forum for certain subjects on this matter, unless it directly relates to an already existing forum.

The Gay Car Conpspiracy or Why Don't Gays have long Relationships are threads that do not turn up very often. If your interested, have a read and spill your beans. If its not your cup of tea, don't click into the thread.

No Harm no Foul!

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Im open to suggestions but the thought of a section restricted to homosexuality would be a no no in my books. For one it would result in trollers registering for a one time post to spread hatred. These gay threads seem to be a small percentage of the threads on our board, very small, so it would deffinately not require its own forum.

fair point mate, but is it only me that sees those people lurking in there trying to get away with their little digs whilst staying just below the radar?..it peeves me because i feel my nature causes me to want to jump to the defence of others? and this attitude is completley ignorant?

perhaps my points wasted, mods close please.

regards.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
No, closing this thread would be a detriment to the board. Your point is well-taken, well intentioned but possibly alittle misguided. The solution here is tightening up on the pre-existing threads that exist today, rather than creating a new forum for future threads.

Its own forum would act as a form of baiting I think. Lets as a group, tighten up on the existing threads so these little digs are not going unnoticed.

Mods can not see everything, its up to us members as well to point out certain members who make posts that go against the T&C.

for speaking up.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
We recently had a thread that was sent to the trash bin due to someone making an obscene post. Couldn't y'all just delete the post in question, rather than trashing the entire thread?

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Its own forum would act as a form of baiting I think. Lets as a group, tighten up on the existing threads so these little digs are not going unnoticed.

fair point fella,

thanks, i see your point.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Lets have lots of gay thred I am not trolling I em married and gay but who cares anyway.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
We recently had a thread that was sent to the trash bin due to someone making an obscene post. Couldn't y'all just delete the post in question, rather than trashing the entire thread?

This normally is the protocol followed I believed, but when more than one post in a thread needs to be scrapped, odds are the whole thread is going with it. Or if the mod sees the thread going nowhere fast, then it would and should be scrapped.

Many of times I have seen posts removed and the thread continue on without any problems.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I also disagree with the suggestion that the gays get their own forum. I always thought of gays as being equal with us so they can share our relationship section, or perhapes the lifestyle section. But I feel betrayed when gays get their own little section in amazon and stuff or any minority for that matter

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
I also disagree with the suggestion that the gays get their own forum. I always thought of gays as being equal with us so they can share our relationship section, or perhapes the lifestyle section. But I feel betrayed when gays get their own little section in amazon and stuff or any minority for that matter

That is a great point to make. Separation always leads to friction. It's not as if it matters anyway because there's a lot more to life than sex ffs.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
But this too shall pass.

A separate forum on human sexuality might be a good place to put these threads, but I don't think we need a "GAY FORUM" with a pink triangle on the main page.
It's just not that big a deal.

I suggest a "Human Sexuality" forum that could cover all aspects of our complex relationships. It will have to be closely moderated due to the nature of the subject.

Members tend to get irrational at times when it comes to this topic.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The Relationships Forum would already cover that I would think. I would not lean towards ATS dipping its hand into any direct Sexuality based Forum.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It must be part of the gay agenda. Still trying to figure that one out.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
If we do create a forum for gay topics then maybe there will be even more topics to fill the forum quickly. MKost people atre probably embarassed to even say gay. If there was a forum for that they might be less embarrassed which means enough threads to fill a forum.

This topic might be good in the Debates forum.

new topics

top topics

join