It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simply Water ....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Water, H2O.

There were all kinds of gods back in the day. One of the most feared god was Posiedon. Being because noone actually knew the earth was spherical or the unknown of the sea and beasts that had obvisouly taken lifes and the stories and tales from there just made legends I am sure.

But this is neither here nor there. Water is the strangest substance on this earth.

I have a couple simple questions that I need help on. I could probably google it and find my answers. But, I would rather have them given to me from another source maybe a person here that is capable of answering my questions by actual experience.

If you filled a bathtub up with water and stuck some type of device that would warm up the water. Would the water around the actual device warm up faster then the water at the other side of the TUB ???

If so how much faster would it ??? Would there be a transfer of energy in the tub that is unseen , unmeasured ?????????

What kind of energy is this called ?? (Tansfer of energy within the same substance) .... I know there is a word for it ....

If there is alot of this Energy building up say in an ocean ... or lake or river ... But mainly ... THE OCEAN ... What would this energy do if there was a Sudden change ... Such as a volcanic eruption. What would that do to the water on the other side of the world ???? If anything ...

Another question ....
Water is VERY VERY VERY Highly conductive .... If you put an electric charge in water .... How long would/ far would it go before the charge gets displaced/ or the energy of the charge woudl be used up. I would have to know alittle more about electricity and what the electricity actually does to the water or where it displaces itself before I can make any further assumptions ... So if someone could help me out .. I would greatly appreciate it ... Whether it is the electricity will play it self out over ... so many cubic feet of water per amperage ... or what ... I am just curious ... Would it really ever play out totally or would there always be some sort or charge where that charge had once taken place ... or in the water ... where the charge had just taken place .... ?????

[edit on 13-6-2006 by Deus_Brandon]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Could this energy that comes from the water be what is creating wind ??? I have always noticed on the beach there is always some sort of wind. As well as on the lakes .... Hmmmm ... There are currents that have names and over time they have moved. So have the rivers and lakes that cause the currents ... or the Hurrcanes ... or Tornadoes or anything that has to do with Wind. or you might as well say Currents ... Of course they have other theories that have been .... Tested and thought to be true as to where wind comes. But who has questioned this ??????????????/ We still only know where and when hurrcanes and tornadoes form because of SENSORS that we have installed everywhere. Other than that we are shooting in the dark !!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
That is proved by saying you can see this happening on a global scale and this is what it is ... because that is what we have been studying ... But, what they do not udnerstand is why study something when you are guessing where it comes from !.........

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
Water, H2O.

But this is neither here nor there. Water is the strangest substance on this earth.

It may well be the strangest substance in the entire universe.

If you filled a bathtub up with water and stuck some type of device that would warm up the water. Would the water around the actual device warm up faster then the water at the other side of the TUB ???
Answer: Yes it would warm up faster. The heat would spread eventually to all parts of the tub due to convection, but it could well boil & vaporize at the locally heated site first--convection is not a fast process.

If so how much faster would it ??? Would there be a transfer of energy in the tub that is unseen , unmeasured ?????????

What kind of energy is this called ?? (Tansfer of energy within the same substance) .... I know there is a word for it ....

Answer: Yes it would warm up faster. The heat would spread eventually to all parts of the tub due to convection, but it could well boil & vaporize at the locally heated site first--convection is not a fast process.

If there is alot of this Energy building up say in an ocean ... or lake or river ... But mainly ... THE OCEAN ... What would this energy do if there was a Sudden change ... Such as a volcanic eruption. What would that do to the water on the other side of the world ???? If anything ...

See the answer above since it is the same. You can look up the rate of convection for various substances in a good physics reference.

Another question ....
Water is VERY VERY VERY Highly conductive ....

Pure water is not electrically conductive. You can stick your finger in a beaker of distilled water with electrodes separated by the water and you would feel nothing of the charge (unless it was very high). The electrical conductivity of water is caused by impurities disolved into the water. Again, check out a physics reference.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by Astronomer70]

top topics

join