It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treasure hunt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Is anyone else going to hunt for this Volvo? I found this at this site:

www.marketwire.com...

"WHAT: Ever wanted to experience the ways of a true buried treasure-seeking pirate? Volvo Car Corporation will support its official promotion of Disney's upcoming "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" with a global, multi-media treasure hunt for a Volvo XC90 V8 that has been buried somewhere in the world.

ABOUT: Here's how she blows, me hearties: beginning June 12 through July 11, individuals nationwide can visit their local Volvo retailer to pick up a free treasure map. Once online, they are asked to go to www.volvocars.us/thehunt to register for the world's first hunt for a buried vehicle. Treasure hunters then will participate in a challenging, engaging and fun-filled online adventure to solve a series of online clues and puzzles. Catch the exclusive premiere and behind-the-scenes for this treasure hunt for the new Volvo spot debuting Monday night, June 12.

The buried one-of-a-kind, pirate-themed Volvo XC90 features a variety of "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest"-inspired elements, including menacing graphics from the film, black leather seats, custom painted 20 inch wheels and more.

Visit www.volvocars.us/thehunt to participate in Volvo's promotion with Disney for "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest." "

Has anyone participated in other treasure hunts? Been successful? I watch on TV about the lost this and that and people searching. What has been the experience of the posters?

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
its an interesting and novel idea, volvo seem to really be trying to'jazz' up their image and shy away from appealing to the middle aged family person looking for standard (drab?) reliabillity.

personally i still think the best idea they have had so far is to bury their cars and keep quiet..lol

apologies to any volvo drivers out there.

join