It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Practicing Disaster Drill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This article from William Arkin takes a look at a drill the United States government will undertake on June19. The concept is to have a plan to get as many vital government workers to safety in order to maintain government functions in case of an emergency. This type of drill is not new but was thought to be a Cold War relic. Since 9/11 the government is very serious about establishing a plan to maintain a smoothly functioning government despite any catastrophe.

Yet according to scores of documents I've obtained and interviews with half a dozen sources, there's no greater confidence today that essential services would be maintained in a disaster. And no one really knows how an evacuation would even be physically possible.

Moreover, since 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina, the definition of what constitutes an "essential" government function has been expanded so ridiculously beyond core national security functions -- do we really need patent and trademark processing in the middle of a nuclear holocaust? -- that the term has become meaningless. The intent of the government effort may be laudable, even necessary, but a hyper-centralized approach based on the Cold War model of evacuations and bunkering makes it practically worthless.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It is with some trepidation that I note this drill. The last time there was a government drill 9/11 happened. The governments concern seems to be a little too strident. But if 9/11 is any indication of how the government might handle such an event then perhaps there is need for concern. Whether they are trying to include too many people or positions I think is also a credible concern.
Is this a rehearsal for martial law? Most likely, this is an Administration that is claiming more executive power than perhaps any in US history. They have certainly laid the groundwork for total control. Much of what they have done over the last three years has been at the least very borderline legal. No need to rehash that here just look at some of the posts. Perhaps we should all just stay locked in our houses on the 19th so as not to interfere. Pretend your in a "immigrant detention facility."

Related ATS Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Saving all of the government workers sounds like a brilliant plan.

Now we just have to work up this rumor that the world is going to be destroyed and get all the beaurocratic drones to go into their bunkers. They must be warned not to open the doors for at least 2 years since that is how long it will take for the surface of the world to be habitable again. They must also be warned that to open the doors before that time would mean certain death.
Anyone who questions any of this must not be let in....they would jeapardize the whole operation.

Once they, ever so willingly, lock themselves away, we will be able to begin repairing all of the damage that has been done in this world by their beaurocracy and we can start a whole new beaurocracy all over again.

You know...the thought of saving government workers to repopulate a devastated world is truly hilarious...talk about extinction of a species.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
do we really want these people to breed more to save the world? AWK!!!! better to get them all in their bunkers AND SEAL THEM SHUT!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
How did this article get to where it is without a link?

I'm curious about the 19th. I can't imagine something happening when these drills have been so highly advertized...

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Mr Heretic,

Do you mean the post getting there without a link, because there was a link to begin with or do you mean the article that was at the Global Research site?

I will add the site that I used for the post because it has seemed to have disappeared.

www.globalresearch.ca...

[edit on 13-6-2006 by polanksi]

new topics

top topics

join