It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush cries as he thanks the troops *Disturbing Pic*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well I caught some of the news and alls I have to say is - how is it a suprise visit if all the press are there with all their cameras set up already. If they know then everyone else knows.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Those are 'special' news people, and they are 'spunning' in their range of 'news' coverage.
Spin it once again for the folks back home!

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
It's a PR stunt,

Actually, I think they are very real and that he is showing exactly
how he feels. The fact that he isn't able to control this, that is what
is disturbing. When discussing troops and the war, etc, he has
cried before. I have seen him moved to being teary eyed when
he has been standing in front of troops getting ready to give a
speech. He gets very emotional. Being emotional is fine ... but
he can't control it. This isn't good. At least I don't think it is.

(BTW - he cried on the Oprah show before he was elected, when
he was talking about witnessing the birth of his daughters. He
cries. It's him. And I don't like it.)

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I don't think it's a PR stunt at all.
I honestly believe that he just got confused, realized that Karl was busy
and basically lost it.
He may have really thought he was at Iraq-Epcot.
And honestly, what the hell are you going to buy there?
" I wanna tell ya troops, you're -ah- doing a real good thing here,
and uh..we sure appreciate yall keeping Atlanta safe..."
meh

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
So he cries. I agree, Flyersfan. Its not fitting or becoming for someone in his position to do so. Never you mind the fact that he's not been the best president we've ever had either.
You dont falsely start wars, deceive people, and then go crying on public tv.
It just doesnt look "real" or "good"

I could see a great mind with a noble agenda crying, unfortunatedly, there hasnt been any of those for many years.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempeI could see a great mind with a noble agenda crying.

Exactly!

By the way, do you ever preface anything you say with "in my opinion"? AND, lastly but not leastly, who was the last "great mind with a noble agenda crying" you saw, "years" ago?

How about Fidel Castro? No?, how about Noriega? No?, let me see, it couldn't possibly be, no you can't mean, tell me it isn't so...NOT KERRY???!!! DOLE????!!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Curiosity- so then, you agree with me they're basically all hypocrates, right???

Because "in my opinion" they are. Who was the last one?? hmmmm... I'm sure we could trace someone back in history who would fit the bill. I just dont have my Encyclopaedia in my pocket at this moment.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Frankly, I'm getting so sick of this B/S... I'm hoping that Dems do take the house back in 2008 so that I can spend 4 years of my life ripping them to shreds.

This is the way it has become, partisanship for its own sake with no substance. Remember who started this.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempeCuriosity- so then, you agree with me they're basically all hypocrates, right???

Because "in my opinion" they are. Who was the last one?? hmmmm... I'm sure we could trace someone back in history who would fit the bill. I just dont have my Encyclopaedia in my pocket at this moment.

Define "they", and be sure to include yourself, oh judge of all that is righteous and good, reader of men's souls, and I MIGHT actually agree with you, who knows?

I figured you'd not have an answer at the ready. No matter who "they" are, you'd be negatively opinionated, imho.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Frankly, I'm getting so sick of this B/S... I'm hoping that Dems do take the house back in 2008 so that I can spend 4 years of my life ripping them to shreds.

Brutal dood!
I don't know about the rest of these commy pinkos, but my voter's registration card reads NPA. So if you'd like to argue with me, well then, bring it on pal...because it has gone SOOOO far beyond liberalcrat and republistump,--- it's personal now.
And if you even have to wonder who made it that way...well, I reckon I"ll just name ya snuffy, lock ya in the closet with grandma, and let her lay the BEAT-DOWN on ya with her cane. But with all due respect
Ya almost always had it coming
Nah...who am I kidding, you dont even deserve a falafel.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by triptrippington]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Didn't John Murtha cry in Congress?

I still haven't seen the footage of Jr's tears, but it seems that what it did was give 'our boys' permission to cry, which I know they do. Two years ago I read letters from Iraq written by soldiers who said that they cry, that they were scared, they want to come home... that they are human too.

They see their buddies die and it's not something they ever fathomed in their young lives that they'd ever have to do. It just makes me think that the opinions expressed here really don't mean a damn, the ones I want to hear about it from are on the front lines and living this nightmare for the months on end they are there.

Then I hear that Jr. spent a total of 5 hours groundtime and I ask how many of these PR stunts will we have to put up with? I want my money back.

DJ, anyone who puts you on ignor is missing out on some of the best posts on this board. You're a dynamic thread-starter, find the good stuff and it's their loss. The ignor button is just a crutch for those who feel the need to disassociate themselves from these controversies. You just keep doing what you do, I don't mind the drama one little bit.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by triptrippington
Brutal dood!
I don't know about the rest of these commy pinkos, but my voter's registration card reads NPA. So if you'd like to argue with me, well then, bring it on pal...because it has gone SOOOO far beyond liberalcrat and republistump,--- it's personal now.
And if you even have to wonder who made it that way...well, I reckon I"ll just name ya snuffy, lock ya in the closet with grandma, and let her lay the BEAT-DOWN on ya with her cane. But with all due respect
Ya almost always had it coming
Nah...who am I kidding, you dont even deserve a falafel.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by triptrippington]

Uh wondering if you misinterpreted my satiric comment? I'm as right wing as they come.

What I mean is that if the Dems win the house in 2008 then we can pump the poison onto them for 4 years in a row non-stop like they have been doing to conservatives.

Some of these people are becoming so vile and desperate that cheating and lying and exaggeration doesn't cut it anymore. They need to find new depths to sink to in order to get a rise' out of each other.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
People having emotions when they actually are having emotions bothers anyone?

That says a lot. You need therapy! Seriously, if someone crying bothers you just because they are in some important job then you really need to examine where that is coming from, cause something is very wrong there for anyone to feel that way.

Why is it a problem to have a real person in that job? If everyone had empathy in those jobs then there wouldn't have ever been any wars at all.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ed 209
People having emotions when they actually are having emotions bothers anyone?

That says a lot. You need therapy! Seriously, if someone crying bothers you just because they are in some important job then you really need to examine where that is coming from, cause something is very wrong there for anyone to feel that way.

Why is it a problem to have a real person in that job? If everyone had empathy in those jobs then there wouldn't have ever been any wars at all.

Ah, Ed... do you see the contradiction there? If Jr. has so much empathy (and he is the Decider--so he says), why are we in this war to start with? It was OUR job to save the Iraqi people from the evils of Saddam? He was never a serious threat to the American people--this war was sold to us (and the world) with Fear and Hate. Fear and Hate--the biggest PR campaign for the new millinium.

And skeptics need therapy?

Perhaps his grief is real. Maybe the death and destruction they sold us, the lies he's told--for our own good, are finally sinking home. And that's why he cried.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I think the moderator should close the thread. All this make no sense without the picture. Oh, censoring is somehow wonderful, isn't it dgtempe?
(beeing ironic)

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
He can rectify those mistakes-instead he continues to make more mistakes. His mistakes have far greater consequences, you're right. He is the leader of the free world. SO correct the mistakes. How many mistakes is anyone allowed? Do we as Americans have to put up with years of mistakes?
Shouldnt HE have the wisdom as did our forefathers to protect the people of America, and to uphold the constitution of the United States???
Why doesnt he?

Somehow I don't think any new policies, or pulling out of Iraq will bring anyone back to life. Those are mistakes that cannot be fixed. As someone here already mentioned, the Iraqi people are very divided amongst themselves. Saddam kept them in check, but did so by using absolute terror. I don't think anyone feels like discussing in length the reasons behind going to war (i.e. Saddam did not comply for years on end, but the UN did nothing to punish him). W.M.D.s were mentioned, but they were only a portion of the problem. (Very) Basically we went in, took Saddam down, and tried to set up a democratic government in Iraq. I think Bush really believed this would be possible. I know that a lot of Americans wanted to see that happen for the Iraqi people, but I don't think anyone realized what it would take to make that happen.

You say; "SO correct the mistakes." but how does one do that? What is your suggestion (if you've got something in mind)? Do you think we should have left Saddam alone? Do you think we should have allowed him to continue to terrorize and kill his people? The thousands he killed,... was that O.K. by you? Should we stand idly by while some group in the world is participating in genocide? Or is that none of our business? Where do we draw the line? This is just my opinion, but I think that the killing of innocents would have happened whether or not we stepped in. In fact it was already happening.

War is a nasty business. Innocent people will die. If I had things my way, war would not exist. Unfortunately not every nation, not every person/leader is peace-loving. There are some people who do not wish to comply peacefully. You cannot convince them with words (nice or threatening) to comply. Wars happen when diplomacy has failed, and as far as I know (though I could be wrong), years of diplomacy with Saddam failed. He never expected the U.S. to act as it did, because he was used to dealing with the finger-shaking UN.

How many mistakes is one person allowed to make? I don't know. A President surely should be capable of making "good" decisions, but at the same time he's making those decisions based on information he did not himself gather. He has to rely on certain individuals to give him the correct information on which he bases his "good" decisions. A presidency is not one person. There are hundreds of people he must rely on, and each one of them must do their job. Even if you were the President, you'd have to rely on the same people and base your decisions on their input.

Shouldnt HE have the wisdom as did our forefathers to protect the people of America, and to uphold the constitution of the United States???
Why doesnt he?

This sounds extremely idealistic. There isn't a single president (or leader of any nation) in history who made no mistakes. Reading certain history textbooks you'd think some of them were saints! Not so. Not to mention back then they didn't have to deal with half as much B.S. and people, as Presidents of today have to.

Look. I'm not absolutely sure why I'm defending anyone here. I suppose I just want to present a different view of what is going on. People have a tendency to try and simplify things that cannot be simplified. Politics have so much branching going on (if that makes sense), there are so many people with agendas that it is nearly impossible to ever know what is really going on. There's one thing I do know; None of us are in the White House, none of us know the President in person. None of us know what information he acted on, or why. None of us know with any certainty if he truly believed in every decision he made, or how he felt when he was making it. We are entitled to our opinions, but we have to realize that our opinions are formed from a very limited amount of information, or a lot of disinformation.
Personally it makes me happy when people speak out against war, but I keep wondering how situations like these would be handled by those who oppose conflict. Do you suppose Bush loves war and enjoys sending thousands of soldiers into harm's way, not to mention it costs the nation billions of dollars and he loses votes for his political party? Do you think he enjoys making decisions that potentially cause innocent children to die? If he doesn't enjoy it, why does he keep making decisions that make that possible? It makes you wonder.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Noone goes to the movies anymore because all the best actors are in Washington.

Seriously though, he's got good reason to cry.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

"...and we would have never lost this many Innocent Soldiers that are just trying to put thierselves through College or put food on their families plate back home.

REPLY: If that's the only reason some are there, they shouldn't be there.

I thought him crticising those who 'kill innocents to futher their political aims' was ever so slightly ironic.

REPLY: Let's say you're an insurgent/terrorist in a house with your wife and kids (or innocent civilians coerced into being there), and you're shooting at the soldiers. They throw in a frag or stun grenade before entering the house, guns blazing, and you and the others are killed. Who's fault is it?
As for the thread, I've shed a tear or two, occasionally, watching "Extreme Makeover; Home Edition".

Bush is damned if he does; damned if he doesn't. At least they were real tears, not like some previous president.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

You can't fight ideas with bullets.

REPLY: .... and you can't fight/win wars with words.

The problem is not him,its everyone around him,(the military-industrial complex) its a well known fact that the best actors are needed in order to convincingly convey the messages to the masses, regardless of the actual situation being convinced on to us so they do hatever needs done in order to prey on our emotions so that sidding with them is easier.

REPLY: Gee.... did we do that fighting Hitler and Stalin.

Draft The Twins

REPLY: Duh....... there is no draft, but the Dems are working on that.

Politicians are all the same to me: dirty, crooked, rotten scoundrels running this country into the ground.

REPLY: I'm quite sure that's what the Brits thought when they received our Declaration of Independence.

".... but instead I saw something I wish to never see again, that of a child with her limbs shredded!

REPLY: ..... which is why it's against the Geneva Convention to publish such pictues, of civilians or soldiers.

but that website you linked to is PORPAGANDA. That picture was taken after an IRAQI INSURGENT suicide bombed a group of school children while US Soldiers were giving them candy.

It wasn't the US that caused that child to receive such injuries, it was the Iraqi insurgents themselves, attacking their own people...."

REPLY: You'll learn to expect that from him.

".... what i was trying to convey was very plain to see.

REPLY: Boy, is THAT the truth; see the above quote, and the link, below.
[link] www.washingtonpost.com... [/link]

God knows i do.

REPLY: No comment.

Carseller4: How right you are! (Page two this thread). Great sign about Hunting with Cheney (and so true about Chappaquiddic Fats).

".....tears of joy at all the money big oil is making every day"

REPLY: Of which he/Cheney make not a cent. The oil companies profit 8 cents for every dollar invested. Big deal. Look at the interest your local bank charges for every dollar; credit cards, too. Starbucks makes 40% profit. Do some research.

and all you suckers fall into line to beleive whatever 'news' the neo-cons want to give you.

REPLY: Neoconservatism: Noun; Def: "Political ideology of the US new conservatives, favoring hawkish views on foreign policy, minimal government regulation and little emphasis on social issues."
And it will only make America better. Thanks for reminding us about the "neocon" concept.

2manyquestions: I gave you a "Way Above" for your post on page two. Well put and concise; and too true for some here.

Unless we see the kind of atrocities that are committed in Iraq, and how the Iraqi people have been affected by the "liberation", we will not know the truth!

REPLY: Go to Iraq; it's the only way you'll know all the good things that HAVE happened. You certainly won't see it on the major media.

What we are witnessing is a complex inter-ethnic and inter-confession struggle that roughly falls in the category of a civil war. You probably know that there is no "generic insurgents" in Iraq.....

REPLY: True, but you forget about those coming over the border from Iran and Syria.

"By their fruits ye shall know them".

REPLY:How did California get into this discussion?

"The Patriot Act is only a start....."

REPLY: I'm about your same age, so I know that of which you speak. However, most all of the laws the Patriot Act encompasses have been in effect for decades; merely put under one jurisdiction.

We have the power help others and we will be judged by our failure to do so. I’m sure that Mr. Bush’s tears were genuine but I can only hope that his resolve is genuine.

REPLY: You are correct here, and in the rest of the paragraph I quoted you from. Bush's resolve is genuine; unlike that of Kerry and (ex-patriot) Murtha.

how is it a suprise visit if all the press are there with all their cameras set up already. If they know then everyone else knows.

REPLY: Mostly because of military phorographers, though there ARE civilian news people that go most everywhere with a president.

[edit on 28-6-2006 by zappafan1] for mis-types.

[edit on 28-6-2006 by zappafan1]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
I thought him crticising those who 'kill innocents to futher their political aims' was ever so slightly ironic.

As they say in Yorkshire he's certainly got a brass neck!

They used to say "V for Victory" in Yorkshire, but I guess loyalty has it's limits.

I'm thinking that we've lost sight of the true enemy, here.

[edit on 5-7-2006 by Tha Troubleshoota]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join