It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush cries as he thanks the troops *Disturbing Pic*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

I think he's a human being just like the rest of us. He's got feelings. He may have made mistakes, but unlike our every-day mistakes, his have far greater consequences.
He can rectify those mistakes-instead he continues to make more mistakes. His mistakes have far greater consequences, you're right. He is the leader of the free world. SO correct the mistakes. How many mistakes is anyone allowed? Do we as Americans have to put up with years of mistakes?
Shouldnt HE have the wisdom as did our forefathers to protect the people of America, and to uphold the constitution of the United States???
Why doesnt he?

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Posting gross images for effect is like vomiting on someone to show them you don't like them. It might bring you some satisfaction but its just gross childish behavior.

I have to completely disagree here. Unless we see the kind of atrocities that are committed in Iraq, and how the Iraqi people have been affected by the "liberation", we will not know the truth!

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAES YVAN
It wasn't the US that caused that child to receive such injuries, it was the Iraqi insurgents themselves, attacking their own people.. how wrong is that.

You probably know that there is no "generic insurgents" in Iraq, and what we are witnessing is a complex inter-ethnic and inter-confession struggle that roughly falls in the category of a civil war. Factions fight. Technically, it's not even a clean-cut insurgency (i.e. strictly anti-government guerilla movement), -- the Shia militias are often killing the Sunni and the Sunni do nasty things to the Shia. Kurds are ruling the North and are being nasty in their own ways.

This civil war is a direct result of our invasion in that country. You can argue that when the dust settles, it'll be a better place and all that, but we'll have a long waiting time before we can tell. So right now, there is a cause and effect link between our invasion and the death of this girl, however unintentional on our part it was. God rest her soul.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by 2manyquestions

I think he's a human being just like the rest of us. He's got feelings. He may have made mistakes, but unlike our every-day mistakes, his have far greater consequences.
He can rectify those mistakes-instead he continues to make more mistakes. His mistakes have far greater consequences, you're right. He is the leader of the free world. SO correct the mistakes. How many mistakes is anyone allowed? Do we as Americans have to put up with years of mistakes?
Shouldnt HE have the wisdom as did our forefathers to protect the people of America, and to uphold the constitution of the United States???
Why doesnt he?

The problem is not him,its everyone around him,(the military-industrial complex)its a well known fact that the best actors are needed in order to convincingly convey the messages to the masses, regardless of the actual situation being convinced on to us so they do hatever needs done in order to prey on our emotions so that sidding with them is easier.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Maybe he was doing Joey from FRIENDS trick

Get a pair of tweezers in your pocket and just start pulling,,,,,

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
And Snowjob has to get legal advice on how to publicize the man's humility?

Captian this:

White House Press Secretary Tony Snow, left, and White House Counselor Dan Barlett, ride in a military helicopter wearing helmets and flak jackets for a trip from Baghdad International Airport to U.S. Embassy in the Greenzone Tuesday, June 13, 2006 in Baghdad, Iraq. Snow and Bartlett traveled with President Bush who made a surprise visit to Baghdad. (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais)

source

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This post is going to make people on both the left and right get annoyed with me, but I feel compelled to say it anyway.

I'm staunchly opposed to the war - and indeed, any war - and I have always felt that there is a detachment of empathy that must occur in order for a person to allow themselves to take a life, or order the taking of lives. That detachment may be something they are trained to undergo, something that happens in the heat of battle through fear or the desire to survive, it can be cultivated through hate, or it can be something that one willfully rationalizes into being in order to achieve an objective they feel, for better or worse, is necessary or desirable.

This happens to varying degrees (someone like Adolf Eichmann being an extreme example for instance) and the actions this detachment permits are, for me, indefensible. Nonetheless, this does not necessarily invalidate the individual's humanity or capacity for emotion. Does anyone believe Hitler never shed a tear in his life that was genuine?

I say this because I feel it is extremely easy to fall into a trap that is the inverse of the detachment from empathy. That is to say that we can easily trade their detachment from empathy for the cultivation of our own hatred of, or inability to have compassion for, the person undergoing the detachment. Human beings aren't black and white. There is more complexity involved in being human than simply being either willing or unwilling to take lives. I am unwilling to kill, and my deepest desire is for people to be healthy, happy, and fulfilled. I sound like a fairly nice person, right? Does that mean I've never gotten angry in my life, or gotten into a fight with someone? Yes, there is a line that I will never cross, but I cannot judge others - or, certainly not justly - for crossing that line, when I am incapable of even comprehending how one could ever do so.

My position is that if I become incapable of having compassion and empathy for even those who represent what I most vehemently disagree with, I have then crossed an opposite line that is just as dangerous. It allows me to paint others with broad, black or white strokes, rather than taking into account the whole of who they are as a person. That's something I never want to do, and something I'm dead set on striving to avoid.

I believe war is wrong, and I am heartbroken by the conflict presently raging. I disagree with – and even fear, frankly – many of the changes to our laws and way of life that have been sought by the present administration (though I believe ultimately the issue has nothing to do with political party and that other forces are at work.) Nonetheless, I will not invalidate someone's humanity, because for me that would simply be another kind of violence. I feel it is hypocritical to be opposed to violence on one hand, yet reinforce and even exacerbate the divisions that exist between differing ideologies on the other. It's possible it's a PR stunt. It's possible it's real. I will refrain from judgment.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
the actions this detachment permits are, for me, indefensible. Nonetheless, this does not necessarily invalidate the individual's humanity or capacity for emotion

Good point, we should all keep this in mind when we feel the urge to form a lynch mob! I like your thinking wombat, I also have one of your posts in my reading list below.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
And Snowjob has to get legal advice on how to publicize the man's humility?

Captian this:

I love that pic.. you can almost here what they,re thinking

LITTLE GUY..''so where are we going.....? iraq????????????''

BIG GUY.. '' JUST SHUT THE FREAK UP... I,m trying not to throw up here''

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Posting gross images for effect is like vomiting on someone to show them you don't like them. It might bring you some satisfaction but its just gross childish behavior.

I have to completely disagree here. Unless we see the kind of atrocities that are committed in Iraq, and how the Iraqi people have been affected by the "liberation", we will not know the truth!

Your point is valid. Being my age and having had a ringside seat to everything from the Kennedy assassination to the Vietnam war (lower case intended) I don't need gore to make me understand how horrible war is. I'd concede the point if the photo's of mass graves and the truth about what the insurgents are doing to their own people were included. A partial truth is also a lie. It’s the old "pot calling the kettle black" thing. One side lies and then the other side lies in response. As long as we continue to argue amongst ourselves the bad guys will always win.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well judging by how "split up" Iraqi society is now, I don't think we can use the phrase "what Insurgents are doing to their own people". That's the crucial thing to understand, Iraqi's are not one bunch of people, they are split into differing religious factions. One man's insurgent is another man's hero.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04

I believe war is wrong, and I am heartbroken by the conflict presently raging. I disagree with – and even fear, frankly – many of the changes to our laws and way of life that have been sought by the present administration (though I believe ultimately the issue has nothing to do with political party and that other forces are at work.)

War is indeed wrong. The taking of another life is always a tragedy. You have not upset me at all. I am also scared of what’s happening to our freedoms and liberties. More terrified even than I was when I went to sign up for the draft. The Patriot Act is only a start I’m afraid. I do not think those in power give a damn about future consequences as long as they get elected. What scares me even more is they don’t care about what kind of world their own children are going to face.

My only caveat would be that it is also wrong to sit idly by in the name of peace while evil takes control. It’s wrong to not intercede while acts of genocide and unspeakable atrocities are committed on innocent people because it’s not our problem. We have the power help others and we will be judged by our failure to do so. I’m sure that Mr. Bush’s tears were genuine but I can only hope that his resolve is genuine.

[edit on 13-6-2006 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Well judging by how "split up" Iraqi society is now, I don't think we can use the phrase "what Insurgents are doing to their own people". That's the crucial thing to understand, Iraqi's are not one bunch of people, they are split into differing religious factions. One man's insurgent is another man's hero.

True. But does that make it any less lethal to the innocent civilians caught in the middle of this. Right and wrong are not that hard to distinguish. I’m not so sure you can ascribe the title of religion to a bunch of sociopath maniacs. Neither should we give them credibility by including them with the legitimate Muslim faith. These are bands of homicidal criminals and nothing more. Who cares who their hero’s are. If they are killing each other it is fine by me. When they start killing innocent bystanders its time to eliminate them from the Earth. Their attempt to split up opinion in the civilized world does not change the fact that these are common criminals. It is naïve to believe if we ignore them they will just go away. If we don’t deal with this demon right now our children will face a horde of demons in the future to our shame. Many mistakes have been made in the past but this is the reality now whether we want to face it or not.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

When they start killing innocent bystanders its time to eliminate them from the Earth.

But that's just it, you see. Running in there guns blazing has been proven many times as the factor which is propagating this war. You end up creating more people like them. Especially in an area like the middle east, you add fuel to the fire.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

But that's just it, you see. Running in there guns blazing has been proven many times as the factor which is propagating this war. You end up creating more people like them. Especially in an area like the middle east, you add fuel to the fire.

What is your answer to this? Do we just sit by and let the killings by political despots continue unchallenged? Is an Iraqi life any less valuable than an American one? The UN, as a body, has proved to be both unwilling and unable to do anything. Money has become more important than human life on the world stage. Is that right? Won’t that eventually result in a return to the dark ages? Which seems to be exactly where these anarchists want us to be. It plays right into their hands. It’s important, I think, to understand that the leaders of these groups understand that their days are numbered if they can not put an end to western society and democracy. Only an uneducated, brainwashed population can be controlled by force. With enlightenment comes a realization that we can arise en mass and remove these wanna be dictators at will. They are terrified there own people will do just that when they learn what life could be like from watching us.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I think President Bush would have a different oppinion of war if Barbara and Jenna were kicking down doors in Falluja. It would bring the reality of war closer to home.

Remember how they were often in the news and being showboated, then shortly after the war bagan you hardly saw them again. You know he didn't want people getting any ideas of "His babies" getting hurt.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
OMG, he also cried the day after 9/11. Alligator tears.

HE SHOULD CRY. Look at all those he's killed in this "war"

Dgtempe,
I've seen this pic before. Perhaps your thread title should have been:
"Images that the US gov't & MSM does not allow you to see"

I remember after hurricane Katrina, I would log onto the BBC, and see the "real story."

I am saddened because our US MSM does not mention how many women and children they have killed/injured in their war of terrorism. It makes me sick to hear that they are simply "collateral damage." They were innocent human beings that did not deserve to die. It would be so much better to label them "killed/injured innocent " Those numbers would speak volumes to the American people, IMO.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This is a good example of a bad posting. You don't have to lie about the picture you post to have a good thread. The member that started this thread (I have already forgotten their name) has earned an ignore from me. I don't feel like being dishonest with your title was good for this forum and has turned alot of members and potential members off. It is my hope that the mods at least warn you not to throw your lies up on this board again.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Read the ENTIRE THREAD.

Thanks for the scolding. I would never put YOU on ignore, because i like to read what my new enemies think about me.

The tittle is not misleading. Bush was breaking up on tv. I then posted a picture of a wounded child in Iraq. I had all sort of disclaimers on it. It was removed by a mod. My point was to say that BUSH SHOULD BE CRYING, ALRIGHT. Get it? I hope you do. Weather you agree, thats insignificant to me.

But wait, you cant read this, so i'm talking to myself

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Originally posted by Crakeur
ok, so he was probably putting on a show for the cameras but, out of curiousity, why the need to post that graphic image? what purpose does it serve? We all know the horrors going on in the middle east.

propaganda, plain and simple...they hate bush
I think we all clearly got this point.....

makes me wonder how many would be lapping it up were it comrade kerry crying

Just so you know, though I really like your signature andyour posted message, especially the Comrade Kerry remark.

But conscience is not spelled conscious. Sorry, I'm being a bit ocd.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join