It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Iran has AWAC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If Im not blind
those last 2 pictures of the Adan-1 you posted show it only having 3 engines with 2 mounted on 1 wing, but whats odd is one shows the engine config with 2 on the right wing and 1 on the left, but the other is opposite

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
re the unidentified jet pictured with the two F-14's. I'm pretty sure its an F-4 Phantom and the swept wing effect is an optical illusion, the apparent 'extra sweep' on the outer wings is dues to the upturned tips and the slightly forward angle of the shot, the appearance of the tail also fits with this.

[edit on 16-6-2006 by waynos]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
re the unidentified jet pictured with the two F-14's. I'm pretty sure its an F-4 Phantom and the swept wing effect is an optical illusion, the apparent 'extra sweep' on the outer wings is dues to the upturned tips and the slightly forward angle of the shot, the appearance of the tail also fits with this.

[edit on 16-6-2006 by waynos]

A fair suggestion and as good as any but I can't see it myself. If it was an F-4 I reckon I'd recognise it straight away - no offense; your recognition skills are sharper than mine, but it's hard to ignore the old nose.

i can't imagine why an F-4's wing would look like that. And the intakes and engines of an F-4 are normally strong charactristics even on a poor quality pic like this - I reckon it's single engine with the jetpipe extending further aft than on an F-4. And I do wonder if the blue on it's back is the cockpit - which would point to it being an indiginos sort nbot unlike a swept wing version of the Tazarve. But nothing to get too excited about just yet.

EDIT: it's also quite small. I'll do a size comparrision with the F-14s later.

[edit on 16-6-2006 by planeman]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The length is about right for a Super Etendard. They come in at 14.3 meters. An F-4 is over 19. Not sure about what the span scale is in your post, but a Etendard is 9.6 meters.

Warpboost, the number 3 engine is hidden by the fuselage in the first to last pic. The IL-76 in all configurations is 4 engined. You couldn't have a configuration with two engines on one wing and only one on the other. The differential thrust would make it insanely hard to control.

Do you have a clearer pic of Chabahar? That looks more like the F-1s than the F-4s you had in your very first pic. The wing area looks smaller than the F-4s.

[edit on 6/16/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
No offence taken at all planeman, it is a very blurred image
However I have seen pictures of the F-4 before which give a similar effect due to the large inboard flaps being lightly depressed and in shadow whilew light hits the forward part of the wing, giving an apparently completely different shape. However I can see why you think otherwise, I certainly didn't go 'ooh its an F-4' straight away. I can also see the intakes and of all the fighter types I have considered (pretty much all of them) the general relationship between the intake area, wing leading edges/sweep angle and apparent tail geometry allowing for the angle of the shot only fits the F-4 to my eyes.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Perhaps someone can use GE to look at AMARC or to look at AB of countries who still currently use the F-4, maybe this optical illusion that Waynos is talking about will be visible in one of those images.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm still going with the Falcon 20 weighing (measuring) in at 16 metres

But but I don't think its a F-14 with wings swept outwards for sure..

I know this is off topic, but anyone got google earth pics of PLAAF/PLANAF a/c esp the J-10, Su27s, Su 30 MKKs etc..?
Chengdu's a big fudge. Can't make out anything there

btw, those who are looking for Su30MKIs, Jaguars and maybe a look at the LCA.. they're there on google earth, a sqdrn. of each(except the LCA)

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
this airoplane is an SHENYANG J-6

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by planeman

this is a SHENYANG J-6

top topics

<< 1   >>

join