It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patrick Kennedy pleads Guilty to DUI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well, US Rep. Patrick Kennedy has done the right thing. He has admitted to his problem, and has pled guilty to driving while under the influence of prescription drugs.

www.forbes.com...

To me, this shows a strength of character. Accepting responsiblity for one's actions, and seeking help for one's problems, are signs of a good person.

Contrast this to the wiggle-worm tactics being used by Cynthia McKinney and William Jefferson. If they were upfront and forthright, they would save the taxpayers a lot of dough, as well as maybe getting a little respect from people.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

To me, this shows a strength of character. Accepting responsiblity for one's actions, and seeking help for one's problems, are signs of a good person.

I agree with most of your post but want to get this out there. It could also be a sign of someone who knows he's in big trouble and acting before a judge can convict him. What I mean is, I know a guy who just got a DUI a couple of weeks ago. His lawyer told him to go and find a rehab center and join before he goes to trial. That way, like your thinking, the judge might be more leanient.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Your points are well taken, Griff. And it's true - judges look to what is being done outside the courtroom to correct the problem. Being pro-active is always a good idea; it takes some of the burden off of the courts.

We have no way of knowing if Kennedy is sincere, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Only time will tell, I guess.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I agree to give the benefit of the doubt. Seems these days it's hard to come by. Usually someone is guilty in the mind of the media before anything can be done.

top topics

join