It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Ark of the Covenant located in Japan?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Japan places itself in vital points in Christian theology, even claiming that it may house the legendary Holy Grail. What are your opinions on this? Can it be plausible?

((link to external text located the the bottom of the thread))

...What happened to the ark? Some say it ended up in Ethiopia, taken there by Menelik, son of the Queen of Sheba and King Solomon, who had built a huge temple in Jerusalem to house the ark.

Ethiopia's royal family, exiled in New York, have apparently turned their eyes toward Japan in the search for the lost ark because of a sacred mountain in Shikoku, the smallest of Japan's four main islands.

Tsurugizan, the alp in question, has long been rumored as the site of the legendary King Solomon's mines.

Elementary school teacher turned non-fiction writer Masanori Takane, who claims to have pinpointed Tsurugizan following an exhaustive comparative study of the Gospels and the Kojiki, an ancient chronicle of Japan's creation and civilization.

Takane's theory has it that the Gospels say God denoted lions, oxen, eagles and humans as four symbols of His glory, while the mythical creation of Japan outlined in the Kojiki notes that Shikoku, which literally translates as "four countries," was said to have four faces. Tsurugizan, as the most sacred mountain on Shikoku, was thus the logical hiding place for the ark that symbolized God's glory, according to Takane, anyway.

Article found at Mainichi Daily News --archive 2003

**Edit** My apologies if this should not have been posted in the Conspiracies in Religion forum (I wasn't quite sure)...

[edit on 6/13/2006 by Draconica]

Mod Edit: Reduced Quote Size, BB code.

[edit on 13/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'm not sure about that. If (and that's a big if) it's true, then there must be something special about Japan. According, to this website, Jesus died and is buried in Japan. His suppossed tomb is in Herai Village on Honshu.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Here's some interesting info about where the ark is:

www.wyattmuseum.com...

Cheers

JS

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
If I had to place a bet on where the Ark was located. I would say that is under the right paw of the Sphynx in Egypt. Why.... First off it has been recently discovered using radiowave technology that there is a room down below there. Of course we haven't been able to dig down there because of safety laws, and governmental laws. I have read many sources who have done research on this and have placed it the Ark in this area. Not to mention if you research the Christian History, you will find that the Egyptian religion has a huge amount of common ground with the Christian Doctrine. I recommend a book to get you started by Jordan Maxwell called The Old-Time Religion: The Story of Religious Foundations The Ark will not be found in Japan, and is disinformation to draw your eyes away from the truth.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I dont think anybody in a religion that believes of immaculate conception and rising from the dead can talk much on the line of plausibility, in my opinion. No offense.

Historically, its doubtful, just solely because Jesus was a Jew, in Roman Occupation, who died by the hands of a roman governor. Last I checked, Rome wasnt in japan. And figuring the travel time, Jesus would've been rotted by the time they got there

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I sorry but I must profess that you are viewing this from the wrong perspective, in my opinion. The idea of the Son of God dieing on the cross is a very old story. I will make a post sometime that lists well over 15 religions that bedate Christianity in the idea of a virgin birth Son of God, and Dieing on the cross. Again I recommend the book I mentioned above. Egyptian religion is one of them that is exactically like Christianity. Am I saying I believe Jesus didn't die on the cross. YES and NO is my reply. I believe in a way he did and does. The son of god is a change from the egyptian religion which was the Sun of God. It was followed by the 12 disciple type beings represented by the 12 zodiac signs. the sun on the cross. If you draw a circle with the zodiacs in there order draw the sun in the center, then cut the circle into 4 pieces you will have the sun on the cross. and each section will represent the seasons. As the Equinoxs come it was known as he sun dieing on the cross. Don't take my word on it. Research it, I don't have all the answer and I am still trying to figure it out.

[edit on 6/14/2006 by BStoltman]

[edit on 6/14/2006 by BStoltman]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You may believe or not if Jesus died in the cross, that will be ok, anyway take this into consideration: romans were maniacs about registering every single event regarding taxes/crimes/any other significant events. All roman documents (not the bible) point to a crucification of a man named Jesus accused - among other things - of King of Jews "wannabe" (no disrespect intended). Romans are famous for their paranoia about archives and records, anyways im always open to new stuff lol Lets see what this Japan theory bring us.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by MikePhil]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I've heard other stories about Japan being the place where jesus spent his youth (as opposed to egpyt or india) and that there are legendary figures in japanese history that fit at least aspects of jesus.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I've heard other stories about Japan being the place where jesus spent his youth (as opposed to egpyt or india) and that there are legendary figures in japanese history that fit at least aspects of jesus.

Any links regarding that info Nygdan ? Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikePhil
You may believe or not if Jesus died in the cross, that will be ok, anyway take this into consideration: romans were maniacs about registering every single event regarding taxes/crimes/any other significant events. All roman documents (not the bible) point to a crucification of a man named Jesus accused - among other things - of King of Jews "wannabe" (no disrespect intended). Romans are famous for their paranoia about archives and records, anyways im always open to new stuff lol Lets see what this Japan theory bring us.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by MikePhil]

As far as history goes, thats false. theres no documentation of a figure that was crucified named jesus AND proclaimed himself king of the jews.

There were plenty of crucifictions of men named Jesus, but Jesus is a fairly popular name. :T

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Personally I believe that this is just the result of some "hardcore" Japanese Christians trying to involve their culture and surroundings with the Bible. I have heard of the idea of the Sphinx's Paw before, I haven't really decided whether it would make sense, but I am leaning more towards the idea than not. Like BStoltman in an earlier post, that Christianity is actually closely related to Egypt. If I remember some stuff from my CCD classes Jesus actually grew up in Egypt to hide from the King.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If the Ark wasnt captured and melted down by the various invading armies that plundered ancient Israel. Then I would put my money on it either being in the hands of the Templars. They found something under the Temple mount that turned a band of 9 average men into some of the most powerful and richest in all of Europe. If they did find the Ark its fate after the Templars fall would be hard to say.

Either that or in Ethiopa which has a rich history of ARK lore. Really its the only country were people still to this day preform religous ceremonies with mock Arks.

There is much better evidence to suggest that as a fate for the Ark IMO then Japan.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

I found a link comparing the lives and careers of Jesus and the Buddha and presenting the case of Jesus being Buddha's reincarnation. Perhaps Jesus felt a need to return to the East, from which his spirit first lived?

Jesus as a reincarnation of Buddha

**EDIT**

Sorry if this seems terribly off-subject-- I felt it was a valid response to Nygdan's post...?

[edit on 6/15/2006 by Draconica]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
BStoltman:

Didn't Edgar Cayce say something about a hidden room under the Sphynx's paw?

I also came across these links that have some interesting info about the Ark (you may need to filter some info though):

www.crystalinks.com...
www.crystalinks.com...

I was actually meditating with the great pyramid as my focus and "Covenant of the Ark" was spoken/heard in my head. Don't know where it came from but the second link of the above two was what I found on the Net when I searched for the combined phrase.

Also, the following link has some interesting info on the Ark/Pyramid connection:

www.pyramidtexts.com...

Cheers

JS

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The Japanese just want to get in on the act, like everybody else. I think it's pretty much been proven that The Ark sunk to the bottom of the Atlantic off the coast of Venezuela when it was being transported by Masonic boats from Africa to South America in 1687. But I might be mistaken.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Where does everybody get this "This has been proven" or "its already been proven that _____" mentality on things?

wheres the documents, wheres the evidence? Just believing something is not proof.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It appears to be in Ireland.
taken there by our friend Jeremiah.

its in a well somewhere.

peace

dalen

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted by BStoltman

If I had to bet on where the Ark was located. I would say that is under the right paw of the Great Sphinx in Egypt. Why? First off, it has been recently discovered there is a room below the paw. Of course, we can’t dig there because of safety laws. I have read sources that have placed the Ark in this area. If you research Christian History, you will find the Egyptian religion has a great commonality with Christian Doctrine. Egyptian religion is exactly like Christianity. I recommend a book by Jordan Maxwell called “The Old-Time Religion: The Story of Religious Foundations.” The Ark will not be found in Japan, and it is disinformation to draw your eyes away from the truth. [Edited by Don W]

Based on the lack of interest in the Ark itself or its whereabouts since the Babylonian Captivity by the Jewish people, I am of the opinion the Ark is pure folklore. The story of the Ark may have symbolized the Aaronic priesthood, which lost its dominance to the Levitic priesthood in this time period. Well, at least, the Levites got to write the Holy Book. And apparently they wrote out of the Book those symbols that did not compliment their position.

History Channel periodically runs a good story that puts the Ark of the Covenant in Ethiopia as the successor place to the biblical Sheba. Every Jewish “Church” in Ethiopia is said to contain a replica, but the original is safe in the founding “Church.” (I forget if they call them synagogues or churches.) I admit if I were there, I’d break in after dark to take some pics. But I would not expect to find a jar of manna nor a couple of old stone tablets bearing Roman numerals. I think that story - Moses and Egypt - is also part of Jewish folklore. As Adam and Noah. And etc

[edit on 6/15/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
The Japanese just want to get in on the act, like everybody else. I think it's pretty much been proven that The Ark sunk to the bottom of the Atlantic off the coast of Venezuela when it was being transported by Masonic boats from Africa to South America in 1687. But I might be mistaken.

Do you have a link to this information?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The directions to it are right here:

"Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. " - Revelation 11:19

It's right in God's temple in heaven. Sorry, I don't have any aerial photography of heaven yet, but I'll send some back when I get there if the owner will let me. I think because of this passage, it's not the believers who are on the hunt for it
. But don't worry...

"In those days, when your numbers have increased greatly in the land," declares the LORD, "men will no longer say, 'The ark of the covenant of the LORD.' It will never enter their minds or be remembered; it will not be missed, nor will another one be made." - Jeremiah 3:16

I don't know of any believers who remember or miss it...as it is not needed in their communication with their living Creator.

[edit on 22-6-2006 by saint4God]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join