It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush is in Iraq, not Camp David!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
President Bush made a surprise trip to Iraq today to assure Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki that the US is standing behind him and his new cabinet.

Bush had been holding high level meetings at Camp David, where attendees arrived this morning, only to learn that he was in Iraq.

Bush also plans to meet with US troops during his visit.

Apparently, only Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Rice were aware of the trip beforehand.

Security over there is extremely tight; Bush took a helicopter flight from the airport to the Green Zone, in a very dangerous move.

Say what you will about Bush, he has the guts to go where he is probably in the most danger of his life, all to prove a point that the US is willing to stand up to what they say.

www.cnn.com...
Edit to add link
Edit to correct: Rumsfeld, not Rove

[edit on 13-6-2006 by jsobecky]

[edit on 13-6-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
... in a very dangerous move.

Say what you will about Bush, he has the guts to go where he is probably in the most danger of his life, ...

Oh pullllleeze!...

The guy chokes on pretzels and falls off his bike more often then I change underwear. He's probably safer there with people to look after him.

Nothing but a PR stunt.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Say what you will about Bush, he has the guts to go where he is probably in the most danger of his life, all to prove a point that the US is willing to stand up to what they say.

Can you really be so gullible? We have another "mission accomplished" visit by the President who is trying to prop his falling ratings. He has security with him with enough firepower to pulverize Bagdhad and maybe a few neighboring countries. He's not proving any point other than creating a photo op (look at his sheepish smile on these pics, what a moron).

The visit cost us, the taxpayers, untold millions. The teleconference was a better idea.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Not a PR stunt, rather, a face to face meeting with the new Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki. I say President Bush is a personable man, with a measure of character and integrity denied by most here at ATS....... that many here say it ain't so doesn't mean it ain't so.

Great to see this come to pass, to be a witness to history in the making. Bush is a man way, way, ahead of his time, without doubt. History will look back upon the transformation of Iraq and congratulate those who valiantly fought for her freedom from terror, from the Commander in Chief throughout the ranks!

Libs flame on

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Security over there is extremely tight; Bush took a helicopter flight from the airport to the Green Zone, in a very dangerous move.

'

Our prodigious, warrior of a president! Let's see, ratings are low, so we need to make a fast and decisive PR campaign in order to boost himself before congressional elections.

In my opinion, this president is far more dangerous to himself. I don't worry about him going to Iraq, I'm sure they would kill any Iraqi that got within two miles of the man. Of course, these people would be "insurgents." I wonder what it must feel like to have the man who decided to occupy your country show up for a "surprise visit" in order to show his support for his occupation.

There is nothing this President could do short of resigning that would make me see him in a better light. This is nothing more than a PR move. It's like a girl that cheats on you, you don't take her back after she continuously cheats, you send her packin'.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
Not a PR stunt, rather, a face to face meeting with the new Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.

I say President Bush is a personable man

You have to be kidding. How come even Blair had to make a comment at some point to the effect that despite what people think, Bush is NOT dumb, just very... simple and straightforward. It's really bad when you have to reassure the public that you are a simpleton but at least not a complete moron.

with a measure of character and integrity denied by most here at ATS....... that many here say it ain't so doesn't mean it ain't so.

You see, the ATS is a collective of (mostly) thinking people. I believe that if there is a preponderance of opinion that Bush is a dumb lying SOB, here on ATS, that has to be true to a large extent.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
The guy chokes on pretzels and falls off his bike more often then I change underwear.

*Stays upwind of Gools*

I guess they have to use their super-fortress embassy for something. I expect that we'll actually see the President visiting Iraq more and more often in the future. Of course for now his visits are going to be secret until he gets there and is secure. Don't expect an announcement to the terrorist predicting his arrival.

Originally posted by Aelita
I believe that if there is a preponderance of opinion that Bush is a dumb lying SOB, here on ATS, that has to be true to a large extent.

And what does this tell us about the democrats who aren't smart enough to outwit him?
He's either a genius or the democrats are dunce-school drop outs.

[edit on 13-6-2006 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
He went to Iraq to meet the new leader of Iraq in person. Or would you prefer he talk to the new Iraqi leader through satellite feed from thousands of miles away and call him a coward?

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I think the irrational hatred of Bush is coming from people that think if they insult him enough then aliens will show up at their homes and give them proof that their lives aren't worthless after all.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ed 209
I think the irrational hatred of Bush is coming from people that think if they insult him enough then aliens will show up at their homes and give them proof that their lives aren't worthless after all.

Why rely on an alien to do this? I don't think my life is worthless at all. That's quite an assumption that you made, but then again, whatever helps you to sleep at night. This man can't even make it through a sports game without worrying about a pretzel declaring jihad on him. I'm happy there are only 2 years left of this nonsense. Bush Sr. had more common sense than this one does. Also, is it necessarily an insult, when Bush Jr probably realizes on his own that his mother didn't call him son because he was so bright?

But like I said, if that's what you believe and it lets you sleep better at night, then by all means... go for it.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
And what does this tell us about the democrats who aren't smart enough to outwit him?
He's either a genius or the democrats are dunce-school drop outs.

Wha't more, what does it tell us about the public being dumbed-down to the point of numbness by the likes of Faux News? Especially in the Red States...

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
posted by Aelita:

You see, the ATS is a collective of (mostly) thinking people. I believe that if there is a preponderance of opinion that Bush is a dumb lying SOB, here on ATS, that has to be true to a large extent.

The fact there are "thinking" people here is undeniable, that the population here is statistically representative of the populace as a whole is doubtful.

I do stand corrected in one regard, and should have said, "with a measure of character and integrity denied by MANY here at ATS" not MOST.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Awwwmy Gawwwd, Niteboy, that avatar!!!!! Oh wow!
That's some scarey stuff.

As far as Bush in Iraq, whoever suggested he go on that mission wants Bush out of the way baaaaad. Bush cannot think for himself, nor is he a hero, nor does he have "brass". Try as he may, he's not a man's man, nor is he a woman's man.
He's a chimp's friend. Anything for a photo op.
I for one, am not worried.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
For the record it's not "Bush Sr. and Bush Jr." They would have to have the same name for that to work. George Herbert Walker Bush is the older and George Walker Bush is his son. For your convenience you can say "Bush 41", as in 41st president, to easily refer to the first of the two without confusion. I know, that's picky but if we don't use our language correctly, then who will?

Keep chanting "Bush is dumb" or "Red states are for red-necks" if it makes you feel better. I guess the underlying hope is that eventually it will change something in the space-time continuum. You know like when you're looking for a snack in the fridge. "Maybe if I look in the fridge for the 100th time I'll find something in there I like to eat. Chanting worked for Dorothy("There's no place like home...no place like..."), but she had the ruby slippers too. I guess adding in a special magical power with the usual chanting would change things, but that's only in a fairy-tale story.

Meanwhile back in reality, the current President of the United States is honorably representing his country in Baghdad this morning.

Wha't more, what does it tell us about the public being dumbed-down to the point of numbness

Yet more proof that the Democrats are pathetic losers when they can't even sway the idiot public with their (obvious) intellect and logic.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
That's what I meant by 'irrational hatred' - I doubt anyone sits thru any game at all worrying that something that happened to them before might happen again.

There's a very big distinction between having legitmate complaints about some government and making stuff up about people in that govt. as if it is true, so other than in some comedic way it makes no sense at all some of the stuff that people write about him like it is accurate.

If you were making a joke then why would you have taken that so personally as if I was attacking your political beliefs? You honestly think I would have trouble sleeping at night because I don't think that Bush worries about pretzels?

Who hasn't fallen off their bike or choked on some food at some point and much worse than that - that is my point. People mention those kinds of things like they illustrate anything other than he's also human. Things like that don't mean anything, why is that not already obvious to all.

I woke myself coughing the other night. I've fallen off my bike and my skateboard in my time. I've bashed my knees in in the school playground and smashed my face up falling and being tripped over and all sorts. I don't think the teacher would have put on my report card 'grades not important cause she fell off her bike'. Do you see what I mean? I'd say the same if this happened over any party's leader or whatever else.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Are you kidding me? How exactly is he in danger when only four or five of his closest cabinet members is even aware that he was making the trip? Besides that, he is nestled away safely inside the green zone, where the rest of the U.S troops are cowering. Yeah sure, George W. Bush...Danger seeker.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Yet more proof that the Democrats are pathetic losers when they can't even sway the idiot public with their (obvious) intellect and logic.

What the hell kind of talk is this for an ATS Other Current Events thread???

WTF is going on around here?

Can we STOP arguing about who is the loser and who is dumb and whatever other immature crap you all have to say and get back to the topic of Bush in Iraq? Would that be too much to ask?

Jesus, no wonder I can't find a decent thread to post in.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It takes more than a trip. Its going to take him fixing this mess he's created world-wide, before i can say:" Hey, i'm proud of my president"!

One trip does not a heroe make.

When he does something somewhat possitive, the right comes out of the woodwork and proclaims him a saint. It's going to take a hell of a lot more on his part to make me a proud American under this admin. again. And rightfully so.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ed 209
There's a very big distinction between having legitimate complaints about some government and making stuff up about people in that govt. as if it is true, so other than in some comedic way it makes no sense at all some of the stuff that people write about him

Exactly. Apply this logic to any other topic and the playground name calling becomes obvious. For some reason it's expected that jokes like this be taken seriously in politics. It's great when people jump straight to the core issues like that.

Example: "I think Jessica Simpson is a good singer. I've heard her in person before and she sounds really good."
Politicized reply: "But she can't operate a washing machine."

While points in the reply may be accurate they attempt to divert attention from the real issue to non-important issues. In this case the person replying doesn't like Jessica Simpson's music, but can't carry a tune in a bucket themselves or show evidence that the initial statement was incorrect. Instead they attempt to shift the conversation to a side issue they think they can control.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What the hell kind of talk is this for an ATS Other Current Events thread???

WTF is going on around here?

Probably something to do with the initial reply side-tracking the thread. While the topic was Bush in Iraq, the reply was "But he can't eat pretzels". You're are correct. This is getting a little out of hand, but then I didn't craft this discussion.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
Are you kidding me? How exactly is he in danger when only four or five of his closest cabinet members is even aware that he was making the trip?

It's called security. How many terrorist leaders do you see announcing to the world that they are at such and such a place right now?

Besides that, he is nestled away safely inside the green zone, where the rest of the U.S troops are cowering. Yeah sure, George W. Bush...Danger seeker.

Where the US troops are "cowering?" I dare you to say that to one of their faces.

And you say this, safely tucked away on a polar ice cap?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join