It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constant "Server Not Found" Errors in Firefox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I'm using WinXP Pro, Firefox 1.5.0.4, and ZoneAlarm Pro.

When I open links in a new tab, about 50% of the time they will display a "Server Not Found" error page. But as soon as I click the Try Again button, bam, the website loads fine. I can click multiple links in a row to open in new tabs and they will all do the same thing. Then I run thru them pressing the try again button and they all load fine.

I've recently changed my net card and the problem still persists. I recently changed ISPs, and the problem is still there. I use FF at work too, but my computer there doesn't have this problem.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Have you tried disabling Zone alarm, to see if thats whats holding things up?

Has this just started happening, or did you change anything, or make any other installs recently?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I did have this problem in the older version of FF, but now it's peachy since the last stable release. You're using that - so I don't know what the problem is. It seemed to me that the browser was getting to the address before it could load, as though it was too fast.

[edit on 15/6/06 by Bripe Klmun]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Are you using a proxy server by any chance? Go to Edit > Preferences > General > Connection Settings and select "Direct connection to internet."

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the help, folks.

I'm connecting directly to the Internet.

I looked through my Zonealarm programs and found a MOOX build version of Firefox that was still listed as active, even though I uninstalled the program ages ago. I've blocked it from accessing the Internet and the problem seems to be better, although it's a come and go sort of thing, so I'll wait and see. Might have been a conflict issue.

Thanks again and I'll post here again if that don't fix it.

top topics

join