It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forest Gate Brothers Give Their Accounts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
over the last few minuites and hours the brothers arrested in an anti - terror raid in Forest Gate, have been giving their accounts to a press confronce

www.sky.com...

this is Sky News's report on this, you may also veiw a video of what they had to say.

from what ive read of this, the raid was compleatly botched and they found nothing and shot an innocent man. as usual the full facts havnt come out as yet, which always seems to happen when the police make a mistake here.

what do all you guys think of this?

do you think the police were right or wrong?

should Sir Ian Blair (head of the metropoliton police authoirty) resign over this? bearing in mind he has been highly critizied about the stockwell tube shooting?

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Before the raid Mr Kohair said he had applied to be a community police officer but he no longer wanted to join the force after what had happened.

Sorry i had to laugh with that comment.

Seriously though, whats happened with our intelligence and monitoring of these people.

The "real" terrorist's are probably still planning their attacks.

CX

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I'm torn with situations like this. Yes i agree that the police were right to go in there if they believed that intel to be correct. Imagine if they had ignored it and it had been legit?

As for calls for the met chief to resign, what good will this do if it has just been a case of dodgy intelligence? A new boss will take the seat and will have to rely on human intelligence once again. What if the next intelligence is unreliable? Do we sack every police chief that has dodgy intelligence turn up on his shift?

So long as the he is'nt found to be doing anthing corrupt, i say he should stay in his position and sort this mess out instead of passing the buck.

As for the shot brother, i agree he should have compensation if it's deemed an accidental shooting. No-one should put up with that crap, even if it is a believed bomb factory. Innocent until proven guilty and all that. I'm not sure i've even heard the official version of the shooting from the police yet?

I would like to see the pictures of the suspects face after the police supposedly kicked it. They would have, or should i say "should" of taken pics of any injuries sustained during the raid. His face in the press conference pic looks pretty good for someone who had recently had a boot to the face.

I do sometimes feel intelligence agencies are fighting a losing battle as far as the moaning public are concerned though. Yes this raid was botched, as was the Stockwell incident, but i wonder what the figures are for correct intelligence that has stopped atrocities? If they were published would people even be gratefull? I doubt it.

CX.

[edit on 13/6/06 by CX]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
i agree instead of the few times that they get it wrong id like one or 2 reports of when they get it right, but unfortunatly our country has as culture of only seeing faliure, and bulding people up to knock them down,

top topics

join