It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were Costa Rican Spheres Ancient Receivers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Found this very interesting...

One of the strangest mysteries in archaeology was discovered in the Diquis Delta of Costa Rica. In the 1930s, the United Fruit Company planted huge quantities of bananas in this region. Workers clearing forests found numerous spherical stones. The balls were perfectly round and were anywhere from a few inches to over 8 feet in diameter. They were composed of solid granodiorite; a very hard igneous rock. The mysterious balls were cut, trimmed and then polished to a high luster.

www.paranormalnews.com...

Put it here as it has to do with the society of old Costa Ricans and such.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
They have stones like that on the west coast of the South Island in New Zealand called the Moeraki boulders. I don't care to speculate whether they are natural or manmade. All I know is the description when i visited was that they are bubbles of molten rock that have been exposed through the erosion of the surrounding soil. New Zealand is a pretty volcanic place so the theory makes sense.

Photo's:
photos.travelog.org...

*Edit - Costa Rica is in the rainforest so erosion is probably an issue there too. Not as much as the Pacific coast, but the erosion could take place over time.

[Edited on 23-10-2003 by insite]

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Wow..that does make sense...

thanks for the reply..

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Agreed with Insite.

I've been to Costa Rica and saw the stones. They were just ... rocks. Impressively large and spherical rocks, but nothing else.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I know that this thread is very old but somebody will see my post eventually

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The fellow in the video is about full of horse hockey.

en.wikipedia.org...

They are not perfectly formed, they are not remarkably hard, and there's nothing to back up his claims that they were studied by NASA.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

The interesting thing about the parallel grooves is they are dotted. No matter what the answer, these anomalous finds are interesting. I would love to go to Costa Rica and see the giant spheres there (along with the coastal areas).

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
stone sphere's are found around the world

My theory is that they are dinosaur gall stones

much like the ones found in birds, goats and other animals

new topics

top topics

join