It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Councel WILL NOT seek charges against Karl Rove

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Well, how do you like them apples? Faux news just announced it. Seems he is off the hook.

Shame on me for saying stuff....... NEWS AS IT BREAKS....

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I just got done watching it myself, very interesting to say the least. There are some other events I am keeping track of, like the Reno shooting and swat bombing. But that is a different topic.

ABC news here mentioned it also, hopefully this will help the administration on the hill more than it hurt. Can't wait to read the angles on this turn of events.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Best tighten your seat belt, for the spin will be great.

Roper

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Wow... Incredible.

Story

"Good news for the White House, not so good news for America," Dean, the Democratic Party chairman, said Tuesday on NBC's "Today" show.

I don't know what else to say.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
What did you expect?
Offcourse he wasn't going to get punished for what he did, he was just following orders.

Just like Dan Brown did with Katrina, he resigend and got put in another possition where he has to do nothing while his bank account gets filled.

These days even the fall guys don't fall anymore, they just get pointed at and then cleared to be the fallguy another day.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Anyone wondering what truthout has to say?

Sealed vs. Sealed

Monday 12 June 2006

Four weeks ago, during the time when we reported that White House political adviser Karl Rove was indicted for crimes related to his role in the leak of covert CIA operative Valerie Plame Wilson, the grand jury empanelled in the case returned an indictment that was filed under seal in US District Court for the District of Columbia under the curious heading of Sealed vs. Sealed.

As of Friday afternoon that indictment, returned by the grand jury the week of May 10th, remains under seal - more than a month after it was handed up by the grand jury.

Now, I'm not vouching for the truth of anything, I'd be an idiot to do that in today's totally politically corrupt environment. Just pointing this out.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

Just like Dan Brown did with Katrina, he resigend and got put in another possition where he has to do nothing while his bank account gets filled.

Rove will continue to have a major effect on politics. Now that he is no longer the White House Chief of Staff, he will dedicate his efforts to the fall elections.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Just because he is not being charged does not mean he has not been indicted. A person can be indicted without being charged. Of course with the Grand Jury's findings being sealed will we ever know?

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kellter
A person can be indicted without being charged.

Really? I thought they were the same thing. Can you (or someone) give a quick explanation of the difference? (I'm a total layman)

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

Just like Dan Brown did with Katrina, he resigend
The author of The Da Vinci Code???

Anyway, i believe the corruption goes further than meets the eye. But we know this. We dont need a court to point that out for us.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This link explains the Federal rules of Criminal Procedure. It is kind of vague because there is an "if" in regards to charging on an indictment. If you check most of the news articles in reference to Rove not being charged, most if not all say "will not be charged." I have yet to find one where Fitzgerald stated something to the effect of "has not been indicted" or "the Grand Jury failed to return an indictment." From my experience with County and State Government, a person can be indicted, but it is up to the prosecutor whether or not to charge.

Someone was said "you can indict a ham sandwhich." It is farly easy to procure an indictment, it is another to formally charge and successfully prosecute a matter. Perhaps Fitzgerald felt the evidence was not enough to formally charge Rove, perhaps Rove is cooperating or perhaps the investigation is ongoing.

I do not know one way or the other if he was indicted, was just making an observation from my personal experiences and the way Fitzgerald is making his announcement, sans the words not indicted.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I had the honor and privelege to sit on a Grand Jury for two years, meeting bi-weekly. We did many, many cases, some rather interesting. EVERY SINGLE CASE brought before us we handed down an indictment. You see, the founding fathers set up the Grand Jury as a means of placing the citizenry between the Federal Government and the accused, so if the Federal Government brings charges, the citizenry can, through the Grand Jury, throw those charges out if they are thought to be undfounded. The Grand Jury must find that there is reasonable cause to believe a crime has been committed.

Funny thing is, ONLY PROSECUTORS testify before a Grand Jury, NO DEFENSE is permitted to testify......hence the ease at which Grand Jury's hand down indictments.

An indictment is NOT a verdict of guilt, merely a decision to proceed to jury trial.

As said, this case most likely involves an ongoing investigation, other Grand Jury's in various capacities, and possible deals between Rove and the Fed's in exchange for information.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Thanks Kellter. That makes sense.

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
and possible deals between Rove and the Fed's in exchange for information.

It will be interesting to see what happens as regards this. A lack of charges doesn't mean the guy's innocent. It just means we don't know the whole story. I doubt we ever will.

And no one can convince me that Rove isn't one of the biggest slimiest criminals in this administration.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Rove will continue to have a major effect on politics. Now that he is no longer the White House Chief of Staff, he will dedicate his efforts to the fall elections.

You mean DEPUTY Chief of Staff, right? Josh Bolton followed Andrew Card and pity poor Karl, only ever the bridesmaid.

Quite correct about the fall elections, he was at it last night in New Hampshire:

Rove says Republicans should embrace Iraq war

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Yep, you're absolutley right - Deputy Chief of Staff. My bad.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'll have to agree with Smokenmirrors:

As said, this case most likely involves an ongoing investigation, other Grand Jury's in various capacities, and possible deals between Rove and the Fed's in exchange for information.

It's could be possible the reason the indictment has been sealed is because he's cooperating with the prosecution, part of a deal he maybe cut while he spills his guts about bigger fish to fry?

Having Luskin release the statement that he won't be indicted does give him more credibility, and less stigmata on the campaign trail.

Either way, the Wilson's will have their say:

Statement of Christopher Wolf, Proskauer Rose LLP, Counsel for Ambassador Joseph Wilson and Valerie Plame Wilson:

We have become aware of the communication between Mr. Fitzgerald and Mr. Luskin concerning Karl. Rove's status in the criminal investigation. We have no first-hand knowledge of the reason for the communication or what further developments in the criminal investigation it may signal. While it appears that Mr. Rove will not be called to answer in criminal court for his participation in the wrongful disclosure of Valerie Wilson's classified employment status at the CIA in retaliation against Joe Wilson for questioning the rationale for war in Iraq, that obviously does not end the matter. The day still may come when Mr. Rove and others are called to account in a court of law for their attacks on the Wilsons.

End of Statement

source

[edit on 13-6-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Wow, it's been a tough few days for you lefties. Zarq dead, Rove walks, Busby loses and Patrick Kennedy pleads guilty to DWI (a Kennedy driving drunk?!) Heck, even Pelosi has stopped telling people that she's going to be Speaker.

[edit on 13-6-2006 by Number23]

[edit on 13-6-2006 by Number23]

top topics

join