It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The massacre of Iraqi academics: Mossad killed 530 Iraqi scientists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Bangladesh Times

Numerous reports for many months have stated that with collaboration from American occupation forces, Israel's espionage apparatus, Mossad, slaughtered at least 530 Iraqi scientists and academic professors.

Assassinations of Iraq academics in Iraq never existed prior to April 2003. Persistent Israeli hit squads against Iraqi scientists had been active in Iraq since April 2003, but the latest chapter was uncovered on Tuesday, 14 June 2005 by the Palestine Information Centre which, citing a report compiled by the United States Department of State and intended for the American President, stated that Israeli and foreign agents sent by Mossad, in cooperation with United States, to Iraq, killed at least 350 Iraqi scientists and more than 200 university professors and academic personalities.

"Israeli commandos had been operating on Iraqi territory for more than a year, the focus of their activities being the assassination of Iraqi scientists and intellectuals. The Zionists resorted to the large-scale assassination campaign after the failure of American efforts that started immediately after the American occupation of Iraq, aimed at attracting a number of Iraqi scientists to cooperate and go to work in the United States," The Palestine Information Center quoted the report as saying.

The Pentagon agreed with the suggestion of Mossad, which believed that the best way to get rid of those scientists was to "physically eliminate them".

Now Mossad is a known Terrorist Organisation, which works Undercover as an "Intelligence Service". Ofcourse they have connections to CIA, NSA, FBI, MI5, MI6 - but most of all, they are in Service of the Global Elite, which actually sponsors them; especially to the Anti-Defamation League, the Rothchilds, the mighty Rockefellers and ofcourse the Bush-Cheney-Wolfowitz regime to the World Bank Group and to the Bilderberg Group.

So why exactly did the Global Elite MASSACRE those 530 Iraqi Academics?

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 13/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Can you produce this report, known only to a Palestinian office?

I will not hold my breath on that one folks

I also note those that allegedly made this report are not very good at math. 350 plus 200 is 550 not 530 as stated

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

I think that whatever report I post you will simply Deny it, correct?

Mossad murdered 530 Iraqi scientists. The Plight of Iraqi Academics
Mossad Has Murdered
530 Iraqi Scientists, Academics

Assassinations of Iraq academics in Iraq never existed prior to April 2003
Mossad murdered 530 Iraqi scientists

Breathe shots - BREATHE!

I also note those that allegedly made this report are not very good at math. 350 plus 200 is 550 not 530 as stated

Well I have to agree with you, that they are really not very good at Math tho...

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I think that whatever report I post you will simply Deny it, correct?

i Asked for you to produce this so called report. I did not ask for stories alleging there is a report. Now where is it?

[edit on 6/13/2006 by shots]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Why have you bothered to post all the links? they all state their only source was al jazeera? and they only source aljazeera quotes is the palestine information centre. None of the sources are reliable, there has been no 3rd party information, when I think that many other groups who have a slight anti-israel bias would pick it up.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
www.faithfreedom.org...

the second poster makes a very good point!

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What’s known is that kidnapping for ransom in Iraq is out of control big time. If you run a terrorist organisation and your Shiite-Sunni then abducting people from the "other side" is a great way of raising money.
Likewise if you’re some dirt poor peasant then joining a criminal gang that does this sort of thing for a living is also a great way of providing you and your family with an income.

So who do you abduct?
Other peasants for a few pence?
Or do you choose intellectuals and scientists who might have some money somewhere in order to pay the ransom? Of course they might not in which case you just send their body back to their relatives in bits and pieces but at least there's a higher chance that the ransom will be better paid.
This is why being a middle incomer in Iraq with money, but not enough money to hire an armed guard is such a bad idea so of course scientists will be targeted more than nearly everyone else.

And given the political climate in Iraq it would hardly surprise me if a great number of people were blaming it on Israel. If Israel is doing it then it is a truly sick manifestation of evil. “Sick” because I don't see what Israel wants with terrified Iraqi scientists (un less they wanted to abduct a few to help protect themselves against Iran, but why bother when you have more recently educated American scientists who will do that almost for free once the technology is given to you?)

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
What are some of the names of the academics that have been killed?

Surely they must have at least a few names if it is such a big credible story.

If not then it is probably a fake story in my opinion trying to create hate.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Never mind about the names. I'm sure you can risk your life by venturing into an area of Iraq (which like much of Iraq) is of limits to journalists due to their own fears about their own safety.
I have just spoken to an Iraqi someone in Iraq and apparently their is truth in this story. Apparently Israel is trying to wipe out Iraqi acedemics so that Iraq can (eventually) be populated by pro Israeli people and interlecturals.
Personally I think it is doomed to fail because I believe Iraqi people will never embrace such people. But as long as we stay in Iraq who's to know what the future might hold?

Here is a Google search: www.google.co.uk...
Here are some links...
1. www.informationclearinghouse.info...
2. www.informationclearinghouse.info...
3. www.aljazeera.com...

Basically it would appear (regardless of whether you deny it or not) that America is not just in Iraq to prevent it going the way of Iran, but also to sort of "colonise it" as a place where Israel can do business.
Far fetched? There was a time when I would have said that with a passion. But if you ever want to know where a lot of our doggy intelligence about Iraq came and continues to come from, then look to Israel. Their doggy intelligence seems to constitute many of their demands.

So in light of my conversation I would say I’m at least 90% certain that this is not local propaganda. Beyond that how you explain this evil is anyone’s guess (though it wouldn’t surprise me personally if America is occupying Iraq with a view to building a place in which Israel can do business; knowing that is much they have hijacked our foreign policy).

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't put much credence in Al-jazerra. They are (in my opinion) just a little to biased in their reporting. There probably is not a report listing names and the like. It may have happened but where's the palestinian report. Without that and names it does not give to much reliability to Al-jazerra.
Would be interesting to seen the names and read that report though.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Can we get some confirmation from Universities and families etc that 530 seemingly well known intellectuals have been killed?

Surely someone other than Al-Jazeera would have noticed.

By the way, linking to stories that do nothing but quote the original story does not count as multiple sources...

This story would have appeared far more believable if the number was like... 6.

To say that 530 prominent intellectual persons have been taken out on their home soil by a foreign entity and this has gone completely unnoticed by the entire world including numerous neighboring countries that hate Israel, until a "Palestinian Report" compiled from many "Neutral sources" I'm sure
was given exclusively to Al-Jazeera, is a wee bit hard to swallow.

[edit on 6-13-2006 by Djarums]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
Here are some links...
1. www.informationclearinghouse.info...
2. www.informationclearinghouse.info...
3. www.aljazeera.com...
So in light of my conversation I would say I’m at least 90% certain that this is not local propaganda. Beyond that how you explain this evil is anyone’s guess (though it wouldn’t surprise me personally if America is occupying Iraq with a view to building a place in which Israel can do business; knowing that is much they have hijacked our foreign policy).

Did you bother to check the links and see what source they used for the origination of the story? They all used al jazeera or linked back to it indirectly in article in 2. you find.
www.axisoflogic.com...

Also note that the al jazeera link states numerous reports not one report.

Numerous reports for many months have stated that with collaboration from American occupation forces, Israel’s espionage apparatus, Mossad, slaughtered at least 530 Iraqi scientists and academic professors.
www.aljazeera.com...

Now I ask you were are those Numerous reports????

There now you are right back to square one and square one is known to spread propaganda.:shk:

Edit minor typos and noted DJ's comment Great Minds think a like

[edit on 6/13/2006 by shots]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
How many sources do you guys need? Here's about 125,000 related hits...
www.google.com...

Here's another 71,500 of interest...
www.google.com...

I guess an international conference on the matter must be a secret liberal plot by souljah to undermine the righteous though murderous causes of Mossad... But it's alot easier to sit there with your eyes closed and chant 'the source is biased' than it is to google it for yourselves. Don't feel bad souljah, I started a thread on the humanitarian crisis in gaza, people are starving... I guess if it isn't on their six o'clock news then it can't be real.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Actually, this has been going on for some time and was of great concern in the scientific community. YOU may not have heard of it, but it's very real. The first alerts went out 2 years ago. Numbers do vary, by the way -- some include all attacks in those figures (the higher number) and some tally only those who died. :

www.usatoday.com...

www.brusselstribunal.org...

They're targeting PhDs in the sciences:
www.iraqsnuclearmirage.com...

Jalali's accusation of the Mossad doesn't quite make sense in light of other suggestions that the Taliban/Al Qaida may have been targeting them or that it"s a Shiia-Suni problem. Others say that it's because the scientists seemed to be cooperating with the Americans and were targeted by the resistance movement (which seems very likely to me):
ec.europa.eu...

Anyway, there's a lot more information and evidence, and what it basically boils down to is that someone is murdering Iraqui scientists.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Byrd,

Thanks for posting.

Linking kidnapping and the deaths of people to Mossad and the US seems harsh from the thread beginning, and that type of slant turns people off on to the plight that may be happening. Your post to me seems fair and thought out.

Deaths, kidnapping , and people who disappear seems to be more on the envy, hatred and gains of money taken out on the educated (engineers, doctors and professors etc.).

Or educated people may be leaving Iraq out of safety issues.

I will blame the US for being there in Iraq, which caused the security problem to start. But to say Mossad and USA death squads are going around seems a fantasy to me trying to incite hate.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Here are more Links to this Story for all those "Skeptics":

List of killed, threatened or kidnapped Iraqi academics

January 2006: The BRussels Tribunal launches an appeal claiming that a systematic campaign exists to liquidate academics in Iraq. The appeal quotes Robert Fisk who has reported on the "war on learning" and expressed the opinion of Iraqi academics that Iraq's intellectual heritage is being destroyed as part of the continuing foreign occupation of Iraq. This page is a list of killed, threatened or kidnapped Iraqi academics starting from the 2003 invasion of Iraq and continuing through 2006. Al-Jazeera journalist Ahmed Janabi claimed that 1000 leading Iraqi professionals and intellectuals were assassinated between April 2003 and March 2004.

List of killed, threatened or kidnapped Iraqi Academics
Nearly 200 Iraqi academics killed since 2003
Academics targeted as murder and mayhem hits Iraqi colleges
Another Voice of Academia Is Silenced in Iraq
Lista de docentes universitarios asesinados en Iraq durante el período de ocupación
List of assassinated Iraqi Academics
Iraqi intellectuals flee 'death squads'
Probe urged into killings of Iraqi academics
Iraq faces void from an exodus of the educated

Investigation wanted into the murders of Iraqi academics

Dr. Omar Kubasi supported the claims that a systematic campaign to destroy Iraqi academia is occurring, stating, "I think it's part of the plan for the country's destruction.The situation in the last six months has gotten so bad, we couldn't continue."

Amer Hassan Fayed, assistant dean of political science at Baghdad University said; "It's creating a brain drain, we could end up with a society without knowledge. How can such a society make progress?"

"Iraq is undergoing a major brain drain, and can ill afford to lose academics and teachers to a continuing wave of violence. Iraq's education system, once one of the best in the region, has been decimated: some 84 percent of the country's higher education institutions have been burned, looted or destroyed, according to the United Nations University. These assassinations, which appear to be countrywide, non-partisan and non-sectarian, must be investigated by the U.N. Special Rapporteur on summary executions -- and those responsible brought to justice. Iraq needs security and stability, but it is clear that the continued U.S. and (British) occupation is contributing to the problem, not the solution," Lucas said.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Here are more Links to this Story for all those "Skeptics":

List of killed, threatened or kidnapped Iraqi Academics
Nearly 200 Iraqi academics killed since 2003
Academics targeted as murder and mayhem hits Iraqi colleges
Another Voice of Academia Is Silenced in Iraq
Lista de docentes universitarios asesinados en Iraq durante el período de ocupación
List of assassinated Iraqi Academics
Iraqi intellectuals flee 'death squads'
Probe urged into killings of Iraqi academics
Iraq faces void from an exodus of the educated

And just what was your purpose of linking to several that were links to the alleged list of names? My guess is you wanted to make it look like you had more links which actually are not, they are just duplicates. :shk:

Also allow me to point out your contention was that Mossad was responsible for these alleged killing yet one of your own links says Iraqi insurgents were or may have been responsible. Do you always shoot your own arguments down??

Iraq's insurgents — largely Sunni Muslims and Hussein loyalists — are among the suspects in Mayah's slaying.
Source

In summation, Your links do not support your contention Mossad is responsible in fact Mossad is not even mentioned in them. Why is that??

Again I want to make it clear, I am talking about the links quoted above not other posts you have made,

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Souljah I agree that people are dying, but again blaming this problem on roving US and Mossad death sqauds doing this is a point that takes my view of a tragedy to a political pissing match. That in my opinion cheapens those losses for a goal you are seeking.

Thus minimizing the sadness of the deaths.

To me the problem is lack of security caused from the US invasion. Allowing bad people to do whatever to anyone with little repercussions.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Workers World

The Monitoring Net for Human Rights in Iraq recently reported Iraqi police figures demonstrating that well over 1,000 Iraqi academics and scientists have been shot to death since the beginning of the U.S.-led invasion. The U.S. State Depart ment has confirmed that hundreds of university professors have been killed.

The attacks on Iraqi intellectuals first began when U.S. forces purged at least 15,500 researchers, scientists, teachers and professors for alleged ties to the Baath Party. The dismissal, and subsequent emigration, of so many leading professionals contributed to a destabilized Iraq and provided the occupiers with an excuse for staying in the country.

Osama Abed Al-Majeed, the president of the Department for Research and Development at the Iraqi Ministry for Higher Education, has accused the Israeli secret service, Mossad, of perpetuating the violence against Iraqi scientists. A June 2005 report by the Palestine Information Center claims that Mossad, in cooperation with U.S. military forces, was responsible for the assassination of 530 Iraqi scientists and professors in the seven months prior to the report’s publication.

Mossad unquestionably has the motive and means to assassinate leading Iraqi intel lectuals. The Israeli intelligence agency contains a Special Operations Division called Metsada which is tasked with conducting assassinations, sabotage and paramilitary projects. Israel has a long history of interference in Iraq, going back to the 1981 bombing of a nuclear energy plant that stood 15 miles outside Baghdad that just before that attack had voluntarily undergone inspection by the Inter national Atomic Energy Agency.

First Periodical Report of Monitoring Net of Human Rights in Iraq - Assassinations

The assassinations of Iraqi scientists are probably the most distinctive of all assassinations, with clear evidence at hand. The president of the Department for Research and Development at the Iraqi Ministry for Higher Education, Mr. Osama Abed Al- Majeed, accused Mossad to stand behind the ongoing campaign targeting Iraqi scientists. He stated that most of the 15500 Iraqi researchers, scientists, teachers and professors were dismissed from their offices based on a Law aiming at out rooting Baathists, thereby forcing them to emigrate.

Iraqi police sources revealed that till the end of March 2004 more than 1000 Iraqi scientists were shot. A report, which was previously published by the U.S. State Department, confirmed the killing of 350 scientists specialized in nuclear sciences, and 200 professors. The Network for Human Rights and Democracy in Iraq, had previously accused the Israeli Secret Services of the assassination of tens of Iraqi Scientists.

Interesting no?

Other Mossad "GREATEST HITS":

U.S. Backed Mossad Agents Involved in Hakim’s Assassination to Flee Iraq
Mossad's Record
Mossad, the CIA and Lebanon - The assassination of Rafiq Hariri: who benefited?
Traces of Mossad agents in Najaf blast
In Kurdistan, Mossad Gets in Washington's Way
The Mossad faltered in Iraq
Israeli Mossad/Shin Bet Associated with Prison Torture
Mossad Exposed in Phony Palestinian Al-Qaeda Caper
CIA Mossad Murders Hundreds of Iraqi Scientists

[edit on 14/6/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilwolf
I don't put much credence in Al-jazerra. They are (in my opinion) just a little to biased in their reporting.

Calling Al-jazerra a little biased is like saying that Charles Manson is in jail for a minor social indescression.

I am not doubting the killing of Iraqi scientists and intellectuals, this thread has pretty much established that. What I am doubting is Israel's involvement. If there was even the slightest hint of evidence that Israel was involved, you wouldn't be able to turn your head without being bombarded by it.

By the way I don't watch the six o'clock news, I don't need the aggrivation of trying to get the few facts out of all of the spin and rhetoric.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join