It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Were you a SF or MK fan? Personally i have to go with Street Fighter... My opinon Capcom vs Marvel was my fav....

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Mortal Kombat until Tekken came out then it was Tekken for a long time

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I haven't played either of theses games in forever. If I had to pick a favorite I'd go with Mortal Combat. I do like both of them though.

-tts

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Mortal Kombat rocked it was like a kung fu movie in the arcade. You had Lu Kang (Bruce Lee), Johnny Cage (Van dam), ninjas etc.

Street fighter was alright but MK did something different other then be a Street Fighter 2 clone like other games out there.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
As much as I enjoyed Mortal Kombat, gotta go with the legendary Street Fighter II, what a class game that was. Man, I wonder how much I can pick up a Hyper cabinet for.

[edit on 15/6/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
street fighter all the way. sure mortal kombat had better graphics and fatalities, but street fighter 2 STARTED the fighting game craze. I enjoyed the streetfighter animated graphics more than the motion capture graphics of mortal kombat, and before street fighter 2, i dont remember fighting games having special moves like fireballs or the like. Any of you remember the original street figher? With those big plunger type buttons you really had to punch? SHORYUKEN!

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

By far.

Great control, cool character design, moves, and all that.

Mortal Kombat had crappy control, lame fighters and many of the characters moves and style looked really gay.

Leave it to the Japanese to make a classic fighting game.

I can't even think of one decent U.S. or European made fighting game.

Don't sleep on the Samurai Shodown series either.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Street Fighter of Course.....

If you were to ask about the Movie....Mortal Kombat of course...ahah.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Samurai Showdown is extremely fun.

imo,Street Fighter 's more easy to play with.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Street Fighter.

Once the novelty of digitized peopel wore off, I realized MK was just a "neat" looking game with a half-ass fighting system.

It didn't offer the depth or play control the SF series offered.

Then, the SF series went and got all crazy comboed and whatnot (i.e. the VS series) and I lost interest in all of them, and this is from a guy who LOVED the Killer Instinct games.

-O

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Definatly Street Fighter, so many fond memories of Alpha 3.

Mortal Kombat just got bland after a while, too many similar character models, just never got into it.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Gigan is the best Godzilla monster! I hope this post is long enough.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
soul calibur owns every single one of those games. i heard they were making a SC4 and i almost had to clean up some 'protien stains'.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Street Fighter!

Now don't get me wrong, Mortal Komat is a fine game and has it's place, but give me that sweet sweet street fighter action.

Somewhat off topic - I've got a Sega Saturn, spesifically for the arcade perfect ports of various street fighter games (by perfect i mean the graphics are exactly as in the arcade as is the audio - the audio isn't "cleaned up" like on some of the current platforms)

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Those are great pics guys, originally i was a street fighter fan but thats until mortal kombat 3 came out and it allowed you to do some crazy combos that weren't planned by the programers. i lost interest on street fighter at about the same time the movie came out man that was horrible i hate even thinking about it. Today my pick goes to MK i havent bought a street fighter game since the SNES got the turbo version.
here are some of my more favorite fatalities

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
How about Mortal Kombat Vs Street Fighter?
MK vs SF

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
well after playing both again on my xbox 360 (xbox live arcade) im going to go with SF

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'd have to say Mortal combat, I like Street fighter, but Mortal combat hs/had the best finishing moves, I agree with Lysergic tht Tekken outdone them both, I want Mortal Combat Armageddon on Wii...

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I loved both Street fighter and Mortal Kombat, until they tried to come out with the full 3d versions, then they just didn't seem as good for some reason. I have to go with street fighter though, I've been a fan of Street fighter ever since the first one, i was just a kid when it came out (i'm still a kid in some people's eyes) but the streetfighter series has always been good.

Killer Instinct was a freakin awesome game, i loved the ultra combo and the way the guy said "ultra....Combo..." whenever you did it. I miss that game.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join