It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At death what would you want?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Ok here's the scenario, you die and now you have a choice, would you become one of god's/allah's/whatever servants in heaven (you also have the choice to go to hell if you prefer), or would you remain on earth as a ghost that scares people, or maybe some friendly orb, or reincarnate as another human or animal....or alien. I just want to know because I'm curious as to what people would want most at such a -critical- time...you know...lol

PS. Plz keep religious debating out...ty

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
with friends tonight

My personal belief is that I will be back on earth, reincarnated in human form and unaware of any previous incarnation.

There's no set religious or spiritual reason for it, it's just a feeling and what I "imagine" happens to the human energy/vibrance/spirit once the body is gone.

It was a great debate I had tonight on this topic with my friends... a good solid three hours actually (encompassing a whole range of other topics and what if's as well).

Interesting to see what others might feel about it.

My daughter believes in reincarnation as well although her Buddhist teaching says it is possible to come back in other forms besides human. There we agree to disagree

edited to ad my own post humus wish (see what happens when you have ADD and lose your train of thought?) I suppose I'd like to be able to travel the universe
So coming back as an alien (cuz then I could still visit Earth hee hee) so long as it wasn't some arachnid type of alien...mind you a few extra arms would be cool in all honesty. Yep. An alien for me in the next life thanks - oh and my own Saucer.

[edit on 6/13/2006 by justgeneric]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I have different thoughts on the subject. I believe that when you die, your energy or consciousness disperses and latches onto something else whether it be an every day object or something living. Another part of me believes that your projected into the astral but things are much clearer and no dream objects are involved and then you gradually progress through different dimensions?

Of course theres always the other small part of me which believes consciousness doesnt really exist and its simply brain activity and when you die thats the end and you just rot away and things are like before you were born.. complete nothingness.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I'm pretty agnostic in my beliefs, however I do believe that there is a great unknown aspect when it comes to the -spiritual phenomenon- or whatever you want to call it. There's just so many things we don't know about...however if I had a CHOICE which is the point of this thread, I'd like to reincarnate as a dandy little orb that goes where it pleases, perhaps some shape shifting would come in handy.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I figure energy permeates the universe, and just like blood entering water -- I'll be everywhere.

While joining others in Nirvana (of heaven or whatever) sounds mighty appealing, I'd still choose to stay on earth. In fact, I've decided that I will return -- keep an eye out on family and friends until they make their own death choice, then go and explore everything that humanity hasn't explored (depths of the ocean, depths of the icebergs, find Atlantis..) then go out and explore the universe.. haunt some aliens or something.

I *have* to haunt someone.. I may never have been spiritually contacted (wouldn't know if they hit me on the nose), but dang it.. I just have to!

It'd be the first time that I would be willing to have my picture taken!

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
My answer might be suprising.
But before I answer, I want to say that you don't get to choose heaven or hell. You can choose of course, but only whileyour still living. Once your dead, that choice has been lost to you. You will reap what you sow.

But while we wait for judgement day? Well, the soul will be with God. My spirit or life energy (which also never dies and will come together with soul and body on judgement day) - I think I'd like to hang out here for a while. I'd like a little 'ghost time' :-) Not to scare and go bump in the night though.

But as for the most part, people think that all ghosts are people who are hanging on purposefuly and willfully - maybe because of their family, money, revenge etc. Many are actualy just confused. Just don't know what happened, didn't know they died or don't see what we think of as a light/doorway that they are supose to go through.

But I don't think we all get a choice. I think our beliefs and knowledge before death gives many of us a big head start on the transition between here and there. Many of us will simply die and go right where we need to be. Where as others will be in a foggy state of confusion (some of those in fear, some not).

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Ok here's the scenario, you die and now you have a choice, would you become one of god's/allah's/whatever servants in heaven

I would not serve a God...i would take his throne.
perhaps thats why im "back on earth"...for the last time.

peace

dalen

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

however I do believe that there is a great unknown aspect when it comes to the -spiritual phenomenon- that goes where it pleases, perhaps some shape shifting would come in handy.

you better figure out what you need to in this life, cause as you know...aint know knowing once you go into the beyond.

seek immortality now.

peace

dalen

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I would like the chance to come back as a person again. Just to see what life would be like if things hadn't gone the way they have and if i had not made the same mistakes as i have done.

If not that then i would want nothing, just for it to be the end if you get me.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i believe that at the very top of the secret societies, they know what happens after you die, and probably knew for thousands of years. i reckon it is the main secret at the very top.

what that secret is i do not know and don't want to. what ever happens happens, i have never done anything bad in my life, and thats all someone can actually do in there life(i mean la people).

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
i believe that at the very top of the secret societies, they know what happens after you die, and probably knew for thousands of years. i reckon it is the main secret at the very top.

Im sure they do...sure Bush has a clue

peace

dalen

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen

I would not serve a God...i would take his throne.
perhaps thats why im "back on earth"...for the last time.

peace

dalen

I pitty you dAlen.
And I hope you don't reside in the USA. It's attitudes like the one you displayed above that are tearing down this country.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't accept the choice. You force religious based options and then ask us not to argue religion.

Truth is we don't know for certain what our options are so we can't choose wisely.
I personally feel that between incarnations we are a part of everything. Pure energy with awareness able to manifest in numerous ways until we choose to imprison ourselves in a physical form again.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
^ Those weren't options....those were examples.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Ok here's the scenario, you die and now you have a choice, would you become one of god's/allah's/whatever servants in heaven (you also have the choice to go to hell if you prefer), or would you remain on earth as a ghost that scares people, or maybe some friendly orb, or reincarnate as another human or animal....or alien. I just want to know because I'm curious as to what people would want most at such a -critical- time...you know...lol

PS. Plz keep religious debating out...ty

then i die i either reincarnate, become a buddhistva (spirit guide in buddhism) or become a einherjer in Valhalla

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I would chose to go to hell...

Why you ask? Sloth,gluttony,greed,lust ect...and I could hang out and jam with the likes of Morrison,Hendrix,Cobain ect....

I could pick at the brains of say Dahmer,Whitman,Stalin...

Im sure I could sit around and drink budweiser all day..

I dont care for any freakin hoiler than thou do gooders.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I believe in reincarnation.

I don't want to come back again.

Before my daughter died she had made the remark that she would come back as a red butterfly. She had beautiful dark red , long hair. Soon after her death my husband would have butterflies land on his hand and just sit there. This happened on more than one occasion.

My sister, her Aunt, was in the hospital on the fouth floor and a red butterfly would hit the window as if it wanted to come in.

I think I have lived many lifetimes and this is my last one.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
What a beautiful story, magicalrose, thank-you for sharing =]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I’ve read that, “The ultimate in optimism is believing that there is no life after death.” And in a way I agree. It would be fantastic to simply be gone into the darkness and rest peacefully forever.

Unfortunately I’m not that big of an optimist and believe that life does go on after you buy the farm.

My take on it though is a bit different and fits perfectly with the question of this thread. Free will was not a gift to the mud and blood you call this body, it was a gift to you. You had it before you came here, you chose to come here, and you have it now and will still have free will when you pass to the next world.

“At death what would you want?” is the perfect title because you will have to make that decision when you die. Free will does not die with your body. It would be easier to stop the sun from shining or the season from changing than to stop the growth of the eternal soul.

I plan on coming right back. I like it here. The food is decent, the people are fascinating and the sex is fantastic! What more could a growing soul need?

Just my thoughts on it,

wupy

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think after I die, I would just like to go to Heaven and rest with God. That kind of scares me because I like living and taking part in new and interesting things, but I think if I were reincarnated I would just be returning to a world who is basically at war with itself. There is so much hatred and things get worse and worse I don't think it would be worth coming back to. If however I could be reincarnated to someone who is destined to change the world and make it a better place, then thats what I would do
And I would never choose to go to Hell - July is hot enough as it is lol.

top topics

join