It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of Hebrew-America Exploration in 1000 B.C.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ed 209
Why is it hard to accept that people might have populated the Americas after it broke away from the main continent, other than crossing a very freezing cold ice bridge way up at the Artic Circle?

Hey, I got no problem with that, at all....I'm sure there were many different peoples sailing the oceans besides just the Nordics and the Pheonicians...and coming here to move in....

I've got a book called '1421 The Year China Discovered America' by Gavin Menzies and it is a very interesting treatise put forth about Zhu Di (Son of Heaven) who was the 2nd Emperor of the Ming Dynasty launching a huge party for 28 rulers from near and far to celebrate the inaugaration of the Forbidden City. He sent out his well-equipped fleet of leviathan ships to pick these heads of state up, for the shindig...afterwards he launched them out to visit every shore--and they knew the whole world's land masses and were expert navigators, from what the author said.
They were to leave something from china, plants or trees, and people, too...and bring something back. But the goal was to plant Chinese blood on every land....

They were gone something like 2 years, there were 4 fleets, actually, not just one...and they charted the whole world, did amazing things and wrote and collected and left all kinds of evidence, but while they were gone, lightning struck the Forbidden City. This was seen as directly related to the Emperor, himself and there was something about his astrologer, too...forgive me for my bad memory plus I never did finish the book....but anyway when the ships got back, because of the bad turn of luck which was taken as a bad sign over the Emperor, all the evidence was destroyed and it seems I recall China had a sort of 'dark ages' for a time.

I'm sure they weren't the first and I know there is far more to discover than what can be claimed as discovered...

But if this rock isn't what they say it is, or if other things make us skeptical and desire investigation, it's only about 'denying ignorance.'

A fine balance between doubting everything and believing everything. I prefer to investigate everything and often it's only so I can have 'some idea' instead of a firm unyielding opinion. Because that way I can always learn more!!! That's all I want....to learn learn learn.
An open mind is a receptive mind and I hope I never ever know even close to everything! I'd have nothing to do and die of boredom.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LovingSoul
Thanks for the info. There is, as always, many variations of "the truth" to choose from. I found The Hiram Key very interesting and would recommend it to anyone who is interested. I found many pages relating to the book on Google. BTW the authors are Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas. The main focus of the book is the origins of freemasonry and basically re-writing the story of Jesus. Incredible reading! See: www.robertlomas.com... for a full explanation.

Just last week, I finished reading 'The Hiram Key', I thought it was a very good read - I can't actually remember how I came to buy it, I think it was one of those books I like to pick when I want something 'conspiracy/history' related to read, but I don't want to plow through a huge tome of historical biography or archeological information - Something a bit juicy!

A little bit about Merica:
en.wikipedia.org...

The book says it was the Nasoreans and the Mandeans who believed there was a land marked by a star called 'Merika'.

If this were to be taken as true and the Mandeans taking their beliefs from the Nazarenes, it would mean the Nazarenes had knowledge of 'Merika' way back then 2000 years ago.

It's an interesting 'what if' if nothing else.

[edit on 15-6-2006 by VelvetSplash]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Why is it hard to accept that people might have populated the Americas after it broke away from the main continent,

Possibly because the breakup of the continents from Pangaea happened 180 million years ago (the Jurassic era) when our ancestors were hiding out from Tyrannosaurus Rex.
en.wikipedia.org...

know there was trading going on between ancient Egypt and the Americas because of things found such as the mummies with coc aine traces, and similar building complexes all over the world that date back many thousands of years.

The evidence now is that the mummies were contaminated by being taken out of their wrappings and taken to parties (they were trophies that were bought by very rich men in the 1800's and 1700's and part of the fun in those days was unwrapping mummies at huge house parties where people drank, ate, smoked, and took coc aine and laudinum.) Egyptian mummies that were carefully removed to storage areas and were treated and examined in sterile rooms don't show this coc aine or tobacco.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
The evidence now is that the mummies were contaminated by being taken out of their wrappings and taken to parties (they were trophies that were bought by very rich men in the 1800's and 1700's and part of the fun in those days was unwrapping mummies at huge house parties where people drank, ate, smoked, and took coc aine and laudinum.)

And we thought we we were the party animals!?!
That's bordering on sick or obscene, I can't decide which.

[edit on 6/15/2006 by queenannie38]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   

The evidence now is that the mummies were contaminated by being taken out of their wrappings and taken to parties (they were trophies that were bought by very rich men in the 1800's and 1700's and part of the fun in those days was unwrapping mummies at huge house parties where people drank, ate, smoked, and took coc aine and laudinum.) Egyptian mummies that were carefully removed to storage areas and were treated and examined in sterile rooms don't show this coc aine or tobacco.

Can you back this up with some links?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I feel ill now. Please tell me that no-one sat a mummy on their lap and did the old 'gottle of beer' routine!
Seriously, that does explain a lot. I remember when the first stories about the coc aine came out and how puzzled people were about how it could have got to Egypt.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Why is it hard to accept that people might have populated the Americas after it broke away from the main continent,

Possibly because the breakup of the continents from Pangaea happened 180 million years ago (the Jurassic era) when our ancestors were hiding out from Tyrannosaurus Rex.
en.wikipedia.org...

Byrd,

A very engrossing description of a proper "gentleman's soiree."

But I finally gotcha!

You should know better than to place T-Rex at 180 million Y.O.!

But other Therapods,.... okay.

Harte

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePearl86

Can you back this up with some links?

Sure! The tale of what happened to most of the Egyptian mummies is a real horror story of history defaced and destroyed. Here's a very charming page that has the basic information (all this can be documented in a number of ways. I'm just hunting up the resources that are a good read and are not hidden away in university libraries)
www.salariya.com...

On this page (for teachers) there's a very succinct summary under "Other Uses for Mummies"
www.angelfire.com...

Mention of the practice of unwrapping parties is in this article;
www.sgi.com...

Some mention of it here as well, and a description of what some of these early collectors were like. The one who bought mummies to decorate his porch is interesting, isn't he? :
www.egyptianmuseum.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

en.wikipedia.org...

Byrd,

A very engrossing description of a proper "gentleman's soiree."

But I finally gotcha!

You should know better than to place T-Rex at 180 million Y.O.!

But other Therapods,.... okay.

Harte

EEEK! AIEEE!!!

Ya got me! I was pandering to the public taste! I shoulda said "ancestors of T. Rex"

Ah'll just go hang mah head in shame now.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Los Lunas Decalogue Stone

I just happened across this link in my email box and though I'd pass it on. It offers a much better perspective on this stones actual size and location--as well as a couple of other surprising nearby oddities.

The writer doesn't seem very well informed about the area, and the article is overlong and tedious, but if you can skim for things of interest, such as the actual translation he came up with (which isn't bad because he points out some strange anomalies) and some other details, it makes this stone seem far more mysterious suddenly, IMO.

The main thing that really got me is the height of the rock in the canyon--I cannot imagine the Rio Puerco ever running so high that it would erode this stone in such a manner!!

I was thinking more and more it was nothing of importance, but I'm thinking now that my first idea of it being far older than we think might be closer to the actuality...

Who knows? It doesn't seem to make sense, at any rate.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
The writer doesn't seem very well informed about the area, and the article is overlong and tedious, but if you can skim for things of interest, such as the actual translation he came up with (which isn't bad because he points out some strange anomalies) and some other details, it makes this stone seem far more mysterious suddenly, IMO.

It was interesting, but as you pointed out, flawed because of his lack of knowledge of the area. The comments he makes about the Indian pictographs and the modern graffiti shows that he can't tell the two apart and is seeking far and wide for his own explainations rather than looking at research.

The main thing that really got me is the height of the rock in the canyon--I cannot imagine the Rio Puerco ever running so high that it would erode this stone in such a manner!!

Remember, the Earth is billions of years old. There are places in Big Bend where rivers cut through 1,500 feet and more of volcanic ash, basalts, and sandstone.

I was thinking more and more it was nothing of importance, but I'm thinking now that my first idea of it being far older than we think might be closer to the actuality...

I want to know where he got the stories about it. The other inscription is also clearly very new. It could be 1930's, but I tend to think it's more modern.

...and his speculation that the writer was multilingual is just... not very believable. Yes, people who lived in certain areas spoke more than one language, but almost nobody back then was literate. Scribes didn't mix alphabets, and the use of other alphabets to spell Hebrew words (when there was a perfectly adequate alphabet for it) doesn't make sense.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

It was interesting, but as you pointed out, flawed because of his lack of knowledge of the area. The comments he makes about the Indian pictographs and the modern graffiti shows that he can't tell the two apart and is seeking far and wide for his own explainations rather than looking at research.

No doubt. But I can, and I'm sure you are the same, ferret out any tidbit that might prove useful later on--but just stored up until it proves good....I'd rather have a little bit of junk stored up than an empty storehouse and a craving to boot! If you get my drift.

The pictures were what I found the most enlightening! I didn't realize the location or size or anything that was in proper perspective!

Remember, the Earth is billions of years old. There are places in Big Bend where rivers cut through 1,500 feet and more of volcanic ash, basalts, and sandstone.

Right!! But that's exactly my point! For water to do anything like that--and the rock being where it is and knowing the what I know since I live in NM and love my state and have learned as much as I can (but there's always more) I think that certainly if there is water erosion to that degree, in that location, then it must be way old. It hasn't been that watery here for many thousands of years....probably since the last ice melt. This is a very dry land... I've never seen evidence of even flooding like that in our know history as mankind, here in NM! If there is, I'd certainly welcome the knowledge, but I just can't believe it until I know for sure it happened.

We've got deep canyons down here by Carlsbad, much like those in that area--no doubt there were waters at one time, but it's not remembered in history that I know of!!

I want to know where he got the stories about it. The other inscription is also clearly very new. It could be 1930's, but I tend to think it's more modern.

I do, too. Totally. Looks like scribbling to me...
Not to be harsh, I get the feeling this guy enjoys a rich imagination, something I've never been able to have. But I'm glad because it's hard to see things when you want them to be a certain way.

The only thing I found valuable was his care and detail when describing the location! No one else did that, and it really makes a difference when one does know a bit about the history and landscape--far more than he's imagining!

...and his speculation that the writer was multilingual is just... not very believable. Yes, people who lived in certain areas spoke more than one language, but almost nobody back then was literate. Scribes didn't mix alphabets, and the use of other alphabets to spell Hebrew words (when there was a perfectly adequate alphabet for it) doesn't make sense.
No, it doesn't. That rock doesn't make sense, at all.
Yet even as a fraud it makes little sense! Someone who was jerking our chains would surely have made it more confirmable according to what we know already....

I have a theory, and it's way far out, but so far it's holding up. I did have some sources, but I'd have to look for them again to support my wild hypothesis. I am going to do that, though--because I truly would like your opinion on it, because although it seems impossible I don't think it is--I think its a matter of our perennial habit as humans to fill things in along the way and then go by that standard in later generations, not realizing it isn't all objective data but is a good part of fill that no one realizes was fill--after a time, fill becomes cement, too, along with the brick.

I digress.. watch this space, I'll be back as soon as I can but I've got a full plate. This rock has got my attention, though, more and more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join