It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Iraq Al-Qaeda Leader Named

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
As most of us could have predicted, there has now been a new leader named to lead Iraq's resistance movement. Abu Hamza al-Muhajir, who has had a history of fighting "holy wars" is said to now be the new man in charge. The President of the United States has declared that al-Muhajir is one of those that "will be on our list to bring to justice. Abu Hamza al-Muhajir is to be the replacement for Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who was killed in a bombing by U.S. forces last week. The twist, analysts believe that this may in fact be a pseudonym, as the name is not an Iraqi name.

news.bbc.co.uk
Abu Hamza al-Muhajir is "knowledgeable" and has a history of fighting a holy war, said an internet message on a site used by Islamic militants.

In Washington, President George W Bush said Mujahir would be "on our list to bring to justice", during talks on Iraq with military and diplomatic planners.

Muhajir was not among the names al-Qaeda analysts had expected as a probable successor, and is believed to be a pseudonym. Analysts say the name al-Muhajir - which is Arabic for immigrant - suggests he is not Iraqi.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So here we have it, as most of us knew already there was going to be a replacement for al-Zarqawi. The possibility, however, that the name is only used as a pseudonym, means that it will be a bit more difficult for forces to track down al-Muhajir. This shows how the terrorist organizations that are out there in some form, are changing their modes of operation up a little bit, attempting to stay a bit ahead of the game. This is something that will become more discussed in the time ahead, and it will prove interesting to see how coalition forces will handle this new threat.

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Al-Qaida names Jordanian as its New Leader in Iraq
Show Me The Body (For skeptics)

[edit on 12/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Yes we all did know this was probably going to happen.
and so the war goes on.

another link
www.abovetopsecret.com...'
news.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Oh darn! I thought you were going to let us guess, like a game or something.
My vote (for once actually) would have gone to G. Bush, Court Jester of the United States of Amerka.

So let us once again cower beneath the blankets of government inspired fear and allow the moron in charge to do his thing and the leaders of the "war" to again practice the art of war fighting as they have done for ages, fighting it like it was the last one they fought.

Quote from Pentagon:
"Damn! if we only had a chance to fight that one over again..."

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Yes we all did know this was probably going to happen.
and so the war goes on.

another link
www.abovetopsecret.com...'
news.independent.co.uk...

It saddens me, I at least hoped that if ZM was the biggest player in Iraq, that his death would send a shock around. I knew there would be anger, but I did hope that it would cause some sort of change. Now that is out the window for a bit. Also, I think that is very clever to not use the real name, so the real name can still be used for travels.

Thanks for the additional links, more info, the better!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
AND they know this immediatedly. I suppose this new terrorist proclaimed himself as the new leader? Or have WE proclaimed him?
:shk:

They cant convince me. Sorry, but its yet another fairy tale.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

AND they know this immediatedly. I suppose this new terrorist proclaimed himself as the new leader? Or have WE proclaimed him?
:shk:

They cant convince me. Sorry, but its yet another fairy tale.

Well, we can't get the intelligence to fight these guys, but we can get the intelligence to find out who they are.

Notice how quickly Bush made a statement. Coincidence, eh?

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
it's alllll just one big coincidence...*cough agenda*

when are bush and blair gonna be on a list for justice

[edit on 12-6-2006 by invisibleplane]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
So...

What super powers does this terrorist have? I mean, he's gotta be able to do something to live up to the uber terrorist Zarqawi.

Maybe he can mind control suicide bombers.

Maybe he can bring down the hand of Allah and punch Coalition forces.

Maybe his farts can generate EMPs.

Maybe he's like Shinobi; he can blow himself up, then put himself together again.

I mean, that Zarqawi was no joke with his powers...

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
So...

What super powers does this terrorist have? I mean, he's gotta be able to do something to live up to the uber terrorist Zarqawi.

Maybe he can mind control suicide bombers.

Maybe he can bring down the hand of Allah and punch Coalition forces.

Maybe his farts can generate EMPs.

Maybe he's like Shinobi; he can blow himself up, then put himself together again.

I mean, that Zarqawi was no joke with his powers...

They plan on this one lasting at least an hour after a bombing. He will also fit in most overhead storage compartments.

Regardless of whether or not it is real, I am more concerned that this will add to the deaths of more people that are sent to fight this war. They are the ones that I worry about the most. They're just following orders, for the most part.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Abu Hamza al-Muhajir is "knowledgeable" and has a history of fighting a holy war, said an internet message on a site used by Islamic militants.

From Original Article

OK, which one of you guys made the post? I know it was one of you tricksters~

Very, Very funny, and haha.

Now, can we have a legitimate source for this?

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Is there any proof that Abu Hamza al-Muhajir is the new leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq ?
The announcement seem like a red herring designed to throw coalition Intel agencys off the trail.
The question is who is the real leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq ?
Hasnt anybody else noticed that the other insurgent groups dont make the ID of there leaders public ?
You have to wonder if al-Zarqawi was anything more then a brutal figuer head who was used for propgander purposes.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well, there's a great source.

Totally believable.

I'd really really like to know how the killing of Zarqawi has Bush raised in the polls?

Who are these people who chance their minds daily??? There would have to be a hellofalot more change in this administration for me to say, ok, i'll give him one more point today. They change their mind like they change their undies.

Sorry, ill go take the meds now.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
What does it matter? Al-Qaida in Iraq is a small organization thats just had its leadership destroyed, along with his support staff. If this al-Muhajir turns out to be someone that wasn't on anyone's radar, what would that show except that their 'best' have been killed? He too will be killed before long.

Al-qaida in iraq is but a small part of the wider iraqi insurgency, and isn't even in command of the religious extremist section of the insurgency.

The Pentagon admited that al-Zarqawi had been built up into a mythos by them. Then they finally killed him. Will the Pentagon build up al-Muhajir? Or do they want to focus on the baathists now or Shiite's with Iranina support? Or Will the next big bad guy be al-Syrian or some such name?

Al-muhajir, al-hindi, al-zarqawi, these names are great.
rumandmonkey.com...

[edit on 12-6-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Gee now we can officially launch a "War on Immigrants"!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
As long as we keep an enemy, we will stand united.

Give me a break. This is only going to prolong the junk already going on. We need to at the least, get this thing done, and bring everyone home. Even Okinawa is better than this!

Nygdan, thanks for bringing up the point about the Pentagon and their "pecos bill" al-zarqawi. How is this not just another tall tale? We definitely have the base for the character, but I would like to know what act are they planning on performing next (the higher ups).

Oh, and Nygdan, I didn't like my name that generated from that site you linked.
I wanted something quick and catchy.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
My sources tell me we should be on the lookout for Al-Bacore.

This whole thing is fishy.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Here we go again. The facade continues.

Though I wouldn't be too worried as of now... when "terrorists" leading "terrorist organizations" emerge from the interior of the United States with names such as Bob Smith, Juan Martinez and John Davis as opposed to Abu Iraqi al-Murahabi, Sheik Mohammad al-Moracco or Abu Musab-*cough* blah blah bullsh!t bullsh!t *cough* ... then I'd be worried.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I think that the Global Elite wanted to get rid of that pesky MOSSAD - I mean Musab middle name that Zarqawi had, so that the people would not get confused anymore.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
niteboy82,

You right in saying the name is probably a pseudonym...
the AQ gave us the name of the 'position' which translates
into something like Immigrant, for the AQ in Iraq leadership

the www.ynetnews.com, put out a quick response that the
title/position; Sheikh Abu Hamza al-Muhajir....(immigrant)

lists 2 people, whom may be the person behind the mask...

Egyptian, Abu Ayyub as-Masri
Saudi born, Sheikh Abu Hafs al-Qari

the rest of the address is; ( /articles/0,7340,L-3262151,00.html )

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Udio,

I read the article, and thank you for posting that. How is it that we were able to obtain this information so quickly? As far as I saw, I couldn't even catch anything about it on Iranian news before this came out in the US. It seems to me like this is something a country such as Iran would pick up well before we did. I don't know this sounds a little more bogeyman than usual. A pseudonym for the person that will be directing terrorist attacks... I don't know, something doesn't ring right with that for me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join