It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantastic Four 2: Galactus!!!! Your official information on the next FF movie

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Really? Cool, I can't wait to see it. I'm a pretty big Jessica Alba fan, since Dark Angel. I also loved her co-stars in most of her movies. Especially Chris Evans in FF. He reminds me of Chris O' Donnell.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29/9/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Beau Garrett has been cast as Frankie Raye.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Beau Garrett and Andre Braugher have been cast in "Fantastic Four: The Rise of the Silver Surfer," which Tim Story is directing for 20th Century Fox. Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis are reprising their roles for the adaptation of the long-running Marvel comics series, a follow-up to last year's "Fantastic Four." Shooting is under way in Vancouver. Garrett will play Frankie Raye, a scientist and love interest to Evans' character. In the comic she eventually gains super powers

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Don't say I never give you nothing

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Here is the Fantasticar!

www.usatoday.com...

I'm so happy they didn't go with the old "bathtub" design.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Wow

JoB, those shots are awesome. I can't wait to see what comes out of that.

Brax,
thanks for the shot. It does look cooler than the comic version.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
This will be a movie worth watching if they can pull it off

The first FF movie kinda sucked.

I agree with Umbrax.

Any movie with Galactus as "the" villain would probably be great provided that the special effects crew is up to depicting the most powerful villain of all times. For god's sake, Galactus consumes entire planetary systems!

The first Fantastic Four movie was, for want of a better word, lame. Oh sure, it had a good script -- the origin of the Fantastic Four comic -- but in almost all other respects, the film failed miserably.

Oh well, hopefully an FF 2 , produced properly, could be a blockbuster.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I agree Tyrant. Although I thought the film was 'Okay' (not great). The only thing that let it down for me was the complete lack of drama from Doom.

Doom is one of the greatest villains in Marvel and I feel he should be depicted accurately. Still, the producers say that he will be back in this movie and really be Doom.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I remember an issue of FF from way back where Doom stole SS's powers, and surfboard. I wonder if They might incorperate that into the story somehow. Probably not though, it would be stretching the 2 hours pretty thin if they did.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I get the feeling that they are going to have this movie lead into a third.
There has been a lot of information put out about this movie but nothing about Galactus.

I'm thinking they will only bring SS in this movie as a bad guy and then FF3 will be the coming of Galactus.
Like you said there will be a lot to cram into a 90 minute movie.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Check this trailer out in at least 780p in Quicktime.

www.apple.com...

Here is the youtube link.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Silver Surfer looks so awesome!

I actually can't wait to see this movie now

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

All I can say is (drool)

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
After watching that, I have a question for all of you....

Was it wrong of me to almost urinate?

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

Was it wrong of me to almost urinate?

As long as its not over me......................you go for it !!

Oh, and that clip................awesome !!

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Johnny said it best, "Awe that's cool."

The Surfer's poses on the board are perfect, exactly as he looks in the comics.

[edit on 26/12/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Yeah, that's the best thing. It's exactly what I expected the Silver Surfer to look like in real life.

It was nuts.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I really cant wait to see this movie now, it looks awesome, watch the cartoons as akid I never knew he could pass through stuff like that, is that what he can do in the comics???

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The power cosmic is indeed great:

Wiki the surfer

The Silver Surfer possesses vast power known as the "Power Cosmic," gained when Galactus restructured his former body. He has the ability to channel ambient cosmic energy into his body at will, and expel it violently as concussive force or gently as a means to restructure molecules according to his mental design. The Surfer can generate beams of energy with sufficient destructive force to destroy a planet or, by contrast, generate such subtle amounts of energy to restructure the molecules of the natural pigments within a plant to change its color. The Surfer can rearrange the molecules of matter to create other configurations and can even directly transmute elements. The Surfer can manipulate "chronal" energies and thus can peel back the veil of time to witness past events or to even directly travel through time. While he can use his power to revitalize life energies and heal the wounded, there is no proof that he can create life from nothingness or return the dead to life.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Thx Rasobasi, I have only just realised how badly I wrote that reply so i'm glad you understood, that is the exact kind of info I was looking for.

I really hope this film IS better than the original, from that scene it looks better but the rest of the film (like the first one) could be very slow, I hope i'm wrong...

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
SS is indeed one of the most powerful forces in the Universe, including his strength. What I think will happen in the movie is that they will power him down greatly, which is going to be a big let down, imo. In the comics, FF basically had to threaten to destroy Galactus to keep him from consuming Earth, by using the most powerful device in the Universe (called the "ultimate nullifier)", known to destroy any entity (whether immortal of mortal), as well as the user. Hollywood tends to stray from the actual comics, so if they use this at the end of the movie, no doubt the third sequel will about Abraxas

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join