It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Supplies 306,522 Condoms To Soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

The number of taxpayer-funded condoms handed out to Canadian soldiers is on the rise again after an unexplained low four years ago.

Soldiers at home and abroad snapped up 306,522 condoms from January 2005 to March 2006, said the Canadian Press, citing figures obtained under the Access to Information Act.

Canadian Forces members are supplied with free condoms, paid for by the government and handed out through military dispensaries.

A practice that dates back to the First World War, free condoms help defray medical costs by preventing soldiers from getting sexually transmitted diseases, the military says.

In 1999, soldiers used 295,200 military condoms. But in 2002, the number dipped to 25,355 condoms.
www.cbc.ca...

I realize that there is a medical reason for issuing free condoms to our men and women that serve, but I find it funny that they even keep stats on this sort of thing.

I don't know what happened in 2002, but the soldiers didn't seem to have much 'get up and go' that year. But the 306,522 condoms issued this past year is encouraging, and I'm sure with additional training that number could be brought up to 500,000.

GO CANADA !!!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I just want to ask is military condoms better than regular condoms.
I mean is it made better LOL

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cashlink

Yeah theyre reinforced with kevlar

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I think Canada supplies the bullet proof condom.
And possibly an armored version for those serving in battle zones.
I think a stealth version is also in the works, but it's probably classified.

[edit on 12/6/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
My first thought was how did they come up with that number to hand out, but i guess it was on an as requested basis.
So by all means raise that number to 500,000 as quick as you can!!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cashlink

Desert Shield Condoms are constructed from superfine latex with the hardened veteran in mind. From its big muzzle to its tapered smooth bore, each Desert Shield Condom is designed to stand up under the heat of intense surface-to-surface contact.

Perfectly aerodynamic, this heat seeking missile finds its mark every time - and with no premature blow-ups. Desert Shields are electronically tested to ensure reliability...protects like heavy armor when the shooting starts. Also, they're coated with a non-irritating lubricant to facilitate breaching operations.

Properly used, Desert Shield Condoms are highly effective in winning the war against sexually transmitted diseases.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I have to wonder whats going on in the battle field where theres men need super condoms.
I know it's the don't tell don't ask thats whats going on in those trenches
Thats why they need super condom becuse they take a pounding!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Canada doesn't have a don't ask, don't tell policy like the United States.
Our soldiers just get married.........

Same-sex marriages are being performed on Canadian military bases but the actual number is being kept under wraps.

The first wedding, conducted by a United Church minister, took place a year ago when two male soldiers were married in a chapel at CFB Greenwood in Nova Scotia, under military guidelines that were established before federal legislation became law last July. While the first ceremony garnered some headlines at the time, the names of the sergeant and warrant officer remained private.

"There are chaplains in the CF ... whose denominations allow them to marry couples of the same-sex, and anecdotally, in addition to the marriage in Greenwood, we're aware that there have been one or more marriages either conducted by a CF chaplain or involving a CF member or members," National Defence spokesman Joanna Calder told Sun Media.

But she couldn't give a precise number because the department doesn't track or collect figures on same-sex marriage.

"To the Canadian Forces a marriage is a marriage is a marriage, and they collect stats on the numbers of marriages but not the gender of the participants," Calder said.
Link To Story

All the recent threads on gay subjects, I just had to throw that in.

top topics

join