It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ring Tone Can't Be Heard By Adults

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth
Here is the octave of d#9 to d#10...

I heard the first 3 notes, but my dogs didn't like it at all!

I think the story is most likely a capatalist scam, like ANOK said. I heard the mosquito sound just fine and I'm older than all of y'all and went to hundreds of concerts.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth
I think ur missing the point somewhat... this isn't abut hearing loss as in 'hard of hearing',

Not missing the point at all, I know it's about frequency loss. That's why I said I had no problem hearing that tone, or frequency.
Normal Human hearing is 20hz to 20khz.

Here is a 12Khz tone....
12Khz sine wave
And a 15Khz tone...
15Khz tone

I have no problems hearing these tones....

[edit on 12/6/2006 by ANOK]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Try this... Download the NCH tone generator software (it's a free trial), and see till what frequency you can hear. P.S: Most soundcards can't take above 22000hz, so you will here something after that.

www.nch.com.au...

I can easily hear 20000hz and I'm 26 years old.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
" Students are using a new ring tone to receive messages in class — and many teachers can't even hear the ring. "

Would it not just be easier to set the phone on vibrate???

To think the trouble that some goto when there is a solution to a problem already and just as practical.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Just another capitalist scam, that will last about 5 minutes until the novelty wears off....

I so agree with your observation ANOK

Aesop or Grimm or someone else related to us a similar but different scam

it was made into a story called 'The Emporers Invisible Clothes'
or something like that...

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm not sure what's funnier, the idea of a classroom full of kids all suddenly looking down at their phones to see if they are getting a text message (that would be the purpose of using that tone in a classroom, not so they can hear a call coming in - can't answer it anyway but text can be done on the qt) or the fact that y'all are playing the "I'm older than you game"

so, to put this all to rest, I heard the ring and I can remember singing farewell hymns with a little know bepop group from back in the day called Joshua and the Apostles. This was back before the Greeks altered his name for all eternity.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
"The Emporer Wears No Clothes" A good book written by Jack Herer

Funny thing is I have smoked Herauajna a strain specifically developed as a tribute to the man.

This book really was the first literature to tackle the consequences of prohibition more specifically hemp/cannabis prohibition.

Good read

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
ringtones.aol.com...

The link has a sample of the tone that you can open with your media player.
I turned it up on my stereo and it has to be one of the most annoying sounds I've heard.

I listened to this website, but it was not high pitched nor was it annoying (I think low frequency sounds like rap music is much more annoying
). Maybe that site has the wrong file?

BTW, I go to concerts and have been for a long time (metal concerts). I have the best hearing out of all of my friends. Most of the time, I always think I'm just hearing fake things, until the sound grows and someone else notices it. So those concert/losing your hearing theories don't hold. But then again, I'm almost 23 years old...maybe I need more time to go to more concerts!

Edit: I just heard the frequency ANOK posted, the 15Khz. That's high, but I think we can find higher. Still not annoying me yet.

EDit #2: I just heard the 20Khz. I barely heard it, mainly only felt it. I guess that's as high as I can go.
It is a D note though. (I play guitar)

[edit on 6/14/2006 by Arcane Demesne]

ISJ

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
LOL - not read all the thread, but my immediate reaction is; dont these kids have silent mode (with vibration) on their phones.

Althought i can see the hilarity that the kids can have a joke on the teacher's expense

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I find it ironic after 4 kids 3 rock bands that practiced at my house finally a sound that annoys kids rather then me,I'm going to try to record said sound play it thru speakers in backyard,after all these years of trying to tune kids out now I'll have ammunition:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hmm i downloaded the supposedly not to be heard by everyone ringtone from somewhere else.. and i honestly don't know if its the emperors new cloths all over
cause that one i didnt hear jack.. not at work computer with lousy speakers.. not at home with headphones..

But from the link in this thread i can clearly hear the tone.. so maybe the other one was just some silly fake.. seriousley thought i was having bad hearing..

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Check out this news portion featuring that ring tone that was on msnbc. If this isn't manufactured news, nothing is.

MSNBC Ring Tone faux news

P.S: Microsoft forces you to use internet explorer to view their videos.

[edit on 14-6-2006 by TheBandit795]

d1k

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Try this... Download the NCH tone generator software (it's a free trial), and see till what frequency you can hear. P.S: Most soundcards can't take above 22000hz, so you will here something after that.

www.nch.com.au...

I can easily hear 20000hz and I'm 26 years old.

hrmm, I heard all the other tone posted here with ease but with that software you put I can't hear anything at all past like 16khz

Actually if i move closer to the speakers I can hear it. but when i put it to 20k i get some weird buzzing noise like my sound card does not like it or something.

Is it normal for your ears to start bleeding?

jk

[edit on 14-6-2006 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
What kind of soundcard do you have d1k??? With Sound blaster live! and up hearing those high tones should be no problem at all.

d1k

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Audigy 2 zs. I'm 27. I sit fairly far from my speakers. To hear 17-19k i have to move up a little closer to them. When I put it to 20k it sounds like a really rough buzzing, like electricity.

It seems to only happen on 20158.74hz.

What hz is this new ring tone supposed to be?

[edit on 14-6-2006 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
What kind of soundcard do you have...

AH, I realize this wasn't directed at me...but I have a Power Mac G5, anyone know what's in those?
I turned my speakers up louder to there that 20Khz again...man that hurts. wish I could find a peddle for my guitar like that...ultra high ear bleeding solos

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
D1k, I also have an audigy 2 zs on my desktop. You shouldn't have any problem with such high tones with such a soundcard. So some settings might be wrong.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
How is it possible that someone cannot hear that?!

Thats not very high pitched at all... you'd have to be deaf not to hear it.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
lol how funny would this be if teachers came up with this, thinking a massive amount of kids would do it. just so they could take away their cell phones when it goes off because the kids used it instead of vibrate. lmao Im 16 and dont have a cellphone...im like a caveman to my friends.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
That would be really funny if someone like the school boards or teachers associations put it out there and said adults cant hear it so they could round up everyones phones

Can anyone honestly NOT hear this tone?

zingy.vo.llnwd.net...

I cant see how someone wouldnt be able to hear that unless like others said they were just about def.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join